PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch

luckymoi
12-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Well I am sure there is help here on the forum so I'll just ask
The wee lad, who is not so wee any longer having passed his mother, will be 13 and will pick up an iPod Touch on Thursday... He doesn't know yet ( and does not read this forum so its safe to ask).
Will iTunes magically create files/folders so that when he plugs it into theFiat on the ride to school it just plays?
Will he have to structure the music and its location?
I've only ever used a stick for music and there is no elaborate file structure there.
Maybe another go at the owner's manual is in order.
On the other hand, he's a clever one and might suss it immediately.
Ideas?

nolalou
12-10-2012, 03:56 PM
I have an iPod Nano , not the iPod Touch, but I just plug it into the usb in the FIAT, and when I hit the media button on the radio, it just plays, same as a memory 'stick'. You can use the voice controls to select artist, playlist, etc, but I usually just leave it on random.

msjulie33
12-10-2012, 04:56 PM
More or less the same I do with my iPhone ... once connected, you can't navigate on the iPod anymore.. But otherwise works well

67GTO
12-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Wow! Very cool thread... I was going to start one about what MP3 player can be controlled through the USB port on my 2013 Abarth. My Creative Zen does not interface at all and I use the 1/8th jack to hear tunes. From the responses above, the head unit responds to ipod's.. has anyone had any luck with other players?