PDA

View Full Version : Magneti Marelli ECU tuning software

MADNESSLuckyJay
11-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Hey guys! At last the new program for your Magneti Marelli ECU is done! I will have links posted here by the end of the day! This will give you the ability choose the mapping and upgrade your software!

Abarth67
11-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Will this work with a Mac as well?

MADNESSLuckyJay
11-29-2012, 05:23 PM

sad to say no... for now, we are going to try and figure that out

500MADNESS.com
11-29-2012, 05:25 PM

You will need to have a window based computer to do the upgrade. We are trying to see if we can make something work on a Mac, but at this time a Windows based computer is needed.

Sorry about that, but it is completely out of our hands. We had to secure a Windows Based Server to even host this since that is how the software was written.

Abarth67
11-29-2012, 05:36 PM
Ok, so will there be instructions on what I need to do? I have access to a windows machine so that should not be a problem. Thanks

MADNESSLuckyJay
11-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Just a little more info on the program. It let's you choose which mapping setting you want if you don't have a remote, but not change settings of each mapping. It also gives you a software update so the box works better with the new ECU update that FIAT released.

500MADNESS.com
11-29-2012, 06:35 PM
Ok, so will there be instructions on what I need to do? I have access to a windows machine so that should not be a problem. Thanks

We are at the LA Auto Show all this week and next, but our team is hard at work finishing the site up today with all the details including a step by step guide to make it easy for everyone to do at home within minutes.

Jay will post up the link in a bit. If you will need any additional help once you see it remember our team is only a call away.

MADNESSLuckyJay
11-29-2012, 07:29 PM
Ok guys, finally ready to go!

Here is the link to the program:
http://www.500madnessmodules.com/public/500Madness1.1.exe

And here is a link to the instructions:
http://500madness.com/500madness/pdf/mmsoftupgrade.jpg

motoraway
11-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Ok guys, finally ready to go!

Here is the link to the program:
http://www.500madnessmodules.com/public/500Madness1.1.exe

And here is a link to the instructions:
http://500madness.com/500madness/pdf/mmsoftupgrade.jpg

THANK YOU!! Can we just remove the tuning box without doing anything special like disconnecting battery or leaving door open like we did with the power pedal?

MADNESSLuckyJay
11-29-2012, 07:54 PM
THANK YOU!! Can we just remove the tuning box without doing anything special like disconnecting battery or leaving door open like we did with the power pedal?

Nope, you should be fine

DS Ocampo
05-20-2013, 08:03 PM
tried this link but it wont load

JackandSue
05-20-2013, 08:51 PM
looks great!

Abarth Five O
05-20-2013, 10:57 PM
tried this link but it wont load

You should have Windows as it is not compatible with Mac. If you have Windows and still having trouble loading it, contact Madness for help.

sfhpawel
05-23-2013, 04:07 PM

Or you can always run VMware for future reference if you run in to a bind. Its a virtual machine that you install on Mac/Windows to run the required operating system. Not too hard to figure out :) I learned of this method when updates for Iphone Jailbreaks would come out on mac first, and I am windows user...

Good luck on your updates guys!!!

Tweak
05-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Or you can always run VMware for future reference if you run in to a bind. Its a virtual machine that you install on Mac/Windows to run the required operating system. Not too hard to figure out :) I learned of this method when updates for Iphone Jailbreaks would come out on mac first, and I am windows user...

Good luck on your updates guys!!!

VMWare is a good suggestion but Virtual Box is free so it may be the better choice. If you are on a Mac and need Windows Parallels of course would be ideal (and cheap).

Not trying to discount the idea, just a free alternative that works well. :)

redred
05-23-2013, 08:12 PM
Boot camp is also free. If all you are using it for is the reflash software, save the money. It doesn't take long to reboot the machine into the windows partition and it is just as easy to set up as Parallels or Fusion.

Tweak
05-23-2013, 08:25 PM
Boot camp is also free. If all you are using it for is the reflash software, save the money. It doesn't take long to reboot the machine into the windows partition and it is just as easy to set up as Parallels or Fusion.

This guy dislikes the idea of BootCamp only because I like being lazy and so seamlessly changing between OS X and Win 7 with Parallels. Rebooting although fast I so rarely do, for example, my Win7 machine is either on all the time or sleeping when I leave home, reboots maybe once a month (for updates to Win or programs that require it). :D

Sad my reasoning isn't it Stacey...lol.

redred
05-23-2013, 08:28 PM
This guy dislikes the idea of BootCamp only because I like being lazy and so seamlessly changing between OS X and Win 7 with Parallels. Rebooting although fast I so rarely do, for example, my Win7 machine is either on all the time or sleeping when I leave home, reboots maybe once a month (for updates to Win or programs that require it). :D

Sad my reasoning isn't it Stacey...lol.

Oh I get it, believe me! I am running Fusion as well just because it's easier ;) Just passing along some alternative options that don't cost any money.

shagghie
05-23-2013, 08:32 PM
Most Abarth owners are Mac owners...
Why do developers still dev on win32?
:-p

RedAbarth
05-23-2013, 08:56 PM
Not so, shaggie. I have Windows. Always have, always will. Works fine for me. Always has, and, just like Fiat, probably always will.

Many folks trashed Fiat. I do not agree with those folks. Never have, and after purchasing my Abarth, I see no reason to change my tune.

shagghie
05-23-2013, 10:45 PM
Not so, shaggie. I have Windows. Always have, always will. Works fine for me. Always has, and, just like Fiat, probably always will.

Many folks trashed Fiat. I do not agree with those folks. Never have, and after purchasing my Abarth, I see no reason to change my tune.

I felt the same way for decades, then my job forced me to use a Mac.
Hated it for 1 week. But three weeks later, I sold every pc in the house and never looked back.
Still like Windows for what it is tho.

Tweak
05-24-2013, 01:50 AM
Some of us like both. :p

I primarily use Win 7 x64 though, the Air is used on occasion and I only have it cause I got a deal on it I could not pass up. Ok, guess that's enough side tracking for now. back to your regularly scheduled posting.

banzaitoyota
05-24-2013, 08:32 AM
Another windows/android user who doesn't drink the koolaid

MAZ
05-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Most Abarth owners are Mac owners...
^lolwut?
Not here, wouldn't ever even consider it.

(Work as IT for a financial, Where Macs have absolutely no place.)

shagghie
05-24-2013, 02:00 PM
^lolwut?
Not here, wouldn't ever even consider it.

(Work as IT for a financial, Where Macs have absolutely no place.)

Lol, good call Tweak... I Defo don't wanna be "that guy" that starts a BSOD vs. Get a Mac war!
It's funny because in the last several years Windows is the koolaid now and Mac had become the new new again, at least in the DoD community, Pharma, Intel Comm., but mostly driven by lower TCO and U.I. advantages, not raw caps and lims.

The irony we can all laugh at is that the Mac is the best hardware to run windows on, having your cake and eating it too for some of us!

Tweak
05-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Lol, good call Tweak... I Defo don't wanna be "that guy" that starts a BSOD vs. Get a Mac war!
It's funny because in the last several years Windows is the koolaid now and Mac had become the new new again, at least in the DoD community, Pharma, Intel Comm., but mostly driven by lower TCO and U.I. advantages, not raw caps and lims.

The irony we can all laugh at is that the Mac is the best hardware to run windows on, having your cake and eating it too for some of us!

As long as we avoid Vista and in a way 8 it's all good. ;)

Right now what has my interest is the $35 computer, heard of Raspberry Pi?

mauriziotandazzo
09-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Do not use 500MADNESS! Again, do not use 500MADNESS because the do not back up their own product and customer service sucks big time.

mudking
09-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Do not use 500MADNESS! Again, do not use 500MADNESS because the do not back up their own product and customer service sucks big time.

To each his own, but I have and will continue as long as I have a Fiat to utilize 500madness for a Vendor as I have purchased 90% of my current modifications from them and have had nothing but a great experience, even when I did have to contact Customer Service for a minor issue it was nothing but quality customer service from their side!!
I am sorry you are having issues with that particular ECU but from their website product description it seems more than likely you can resolve this under the 3 year warranty... beside the fact this is a post for MM's ecu...thanks, a happy 500 madness customer

ksig421
09-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Its nice to know that your first post on this forum is to express your disgust aka "bash" about a vendor. I had nothing, but great experiences with 500madness and I know I'm not the only one. I have purchased multiple products from them and spent hours on the phone with them and I would have to disagree with you about there customer service. They are a top notch company and are extremely professional. If you don't like them that is fine, but there is no need to express your disgust for them on this forum Its not going to get you very far. Welcome to the forum as it is a wealth of information about these cars and the members here are happy to help you with questions.

500MADNESS.com
09-26-2013, 04:31 PM

Don't know where this came from or what it is about, but it looks like one of our fellow competitors once again using a false alias to make baseless claims.

Of course we back up our products and all products we offer. The post above is ridiculous and false.

Thank you to those of you that have posted your actual experience in dealing with us. If at anytime our Team Members do not deliver excellent customer service let us as a company know and we will promptly address it and resolve it.

500MADNESS.com
09-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Its nice to know that your first post on this forum is to express your disgust aka "bash" about a vendor. I had nothing, but great experiences with 500madness and I know I'm not the only one. I have purchased multiple products from them and spent hours on the phone with them and I would have to disagree with you about there customer service. They are a top notch company and are extremely professional. If you don't like them that is fine, but there is no need to express your disgust for them on this forum Its not going to get you very far. Welcome to the forum as it is a wealth of information about these cars and the members here are happy to help you with questions.

Thank you for your feedback! We have a dedicated team of enthusiasts who try to bend over backwards to please our fellow 500 owners. At times you will see a negative post about us, but what we have discovered is that the majority of the time there is an ulterior motive behind a post. What we have also discovered is that there are several individuals (that are partners of a competitor) that create multiple aliases and post half truths or flat out lies.

As most of you already know we are 500 owners and enthusiasts who value the relationships with our fellow 500 owners. The majority of the time if there is ever a legitimate issue with a product or service we offer we promptly take care of it.

500MADNESS.com
09-26-2013, 04:42 PM
To each his own, but I have and will continue as long as I have a Fiat to utilize 500madness for a Vendor as I have purchased 90% of my current modifications from them and have had nothing but a great experience, even when I did have to contact Customer Service for a minor issue it was nothing but quality customer service from their side!!
I am sorry you are having issues with that particular ECU but from their website product description it seems more than likely you can resolve this under the 3 year warranty... beside the fact this is a post for MM's ecu...thanks, a happy 500 madness customer

Thank you for your feedback.

We have never left anyone "high and dry". If there was ever an issue with anything we sold we have always taken care of it (as long as we know about it).

shagghie
09-26-2013, 06:17 PM
As long as we avoid Vista and in a way 8 it's all good. ;)

Right now what has my interest is the $35 computer, heard of Raspberry Pi?

I run PwnPi on one of my PI's...good stuff!

shagghie
09-26-2013, 06:18 PM
Hey guys! At last the new program for your Magneti Marelli ECU is done! I will have links posted here by the end of the day! This will give you the ability choose the mapping and upgrade your software!

With all the hardware mods done (save for the exhaust and bigger turbo), I'm ready for more than 58% on II. Does the new software allow you to change the % settings finally?

Fiat500USA
09-26-2013, 07:56 PM
Thank you for your feedback! We have a dedicated team of enthusiasts who try to bend over backwards to please our fellow 500 owners. At times you will see a negative post about us, but what we have discovered is that the majority of the time there is an ulterior motive behind a post. What we have also discovered is that there are several individuals (that are partners of a competitor) that create multiple aliases and post half truths or flat out lies.

As most of you already know we are 500 owners and enthusiasts who value the relationships with our fellow 500 owners. The majority of the time if there is ever a legitimate issue with a product or service we offer we promptly take care of it.

FYI: The person who posted that has only been on the site for the 4 minutes it took them to post that and has not been back since they posted 20 days ago. :hmmm: Not sounding too credible...

500MADNESS.com
09-26-2013, 08:36 PM
FYI: The person who posted that has only been on the site for the 4 minutes it took them to post that and has not been back since they posted 20 days ago. :hmmm: Not sounding too credible...

It was probably "you know who" Chris using one of his aliases again. ;-)

dudson86
08-23-2014, 01:14 AM
Please tell me if i can change with this program map to Opel 1.3 tdci or Corsa 1.3 tdci with Magneti Marelli ECU ? How many maps are on the server ?