PDA

View Full Version : Hood / front bumper ???

lagallinavecchia
11-20-2012, 09:36 AM
WTF? I've heard a couple of other people complain about this, and though it's not a huge deal, the two just don't line up perfectly. I know someone else posted about unbolting some stuff and re-lining it up but jeez... should I be taking my car apart and putting it back together because it wasn't done right the first time? I've also heard some stories about the wheel bolts not being torqued to spec. I'm not thrilled about the QC process on these cars. I love my FIAT but damn Chrysler... get it together (literally).

MAZ
11-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Bring it to you studio. I can't imagine they would refuse to adjust it for you.

lagallinavecchia
11-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Bring it to you studio. I can't imagine they would refuse to adjust it for you.

I just got it FROM the studio. They are utterly useless.

I see you're from NJ, maybe you can point me to a studio that gives a crap.

msjulie33
11-20-2012, 01:34 PM
My car's hood is slightly misaligned as well; both the dealer and the body shop that fixed the rear of the car (someone hit me in Oct) looked it over and did the best they could. To really fix meant removing fenders and such (ugh) so I opted to let it be; most would never notice but I'm pretty intense about that stuff so I see it... still really like the car though...

lagallinavecchia
11-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks Julie, yeah I'm pretty particular too. I guess no one will notice when I'm tear-assing around. =)

If I wanted perfect, I would have bought Japanese. ;)

Pinecone
11-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Jeff D'Ambrosio Fiat in Downington, PA (west of Philly).

Not close, depending on where you are, but VERY happy dealing with them.

porsche racer
11-20-2012, 07:06 PM
relax, it's just a Fiat.

Thomas
11-20-2012, 10:38 PM
Lagalli, you mention numerous instances where you have heard things from other people about our cars. How is your car going?

lagallinavecchia
11-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Lagalli, you mention numerous instances where you have heard things from other people about our cars. How is your car going?

Oh, if I wasn't clear in the first post, I was referring to my car. The hood and bumper don't line up. I have heard of several others having the same problem and one guy mentioned he re-lined it up himself. Just seems like a detail one shouldn't have to worry about when buying a brand new car.

Pinecone
11-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Except you had the dealer replace the bumper.

A dealer that drilled your bumper after you looked at the car at the dealership and reminded them to NOT drill the bumper.

And you expect them to do quality work?

lagallinavecchia
11-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Except you had the dealer replace the bumper.

A dealer that drilled your bumper after you looked at the car at the dealership and reminded them to NOT drill the bumper.

And you expect them to do quality work?

Good point =)

MAZ
11-21-2012, 10:50 AM
I just got it FROM the studio. They are utterly useless.

I see you're from NJ, maybe you can point me to a studio that gives a crap.
I do my own maint. but Fullerton seems okay. They did my PCM reflash.

Sorry to here you are having issues.