PDA

View Full Version : What products would you like to have available for your 500?

MADNESSLuckyJay
11-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Hey everybody, I wanted to start a thread about what products you'd like to see for the FIAT 500, we are always looking to expand, maybe there is a part you've thought up that should be made available! So let me know if you have some ideas on 500 product!

Wolfie
11-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Hood bug deflector

Zack Hurst
11-19-2012, 06:35 PM
I'm sure that there isn't much of a demand right now, but I'd love to be able to get a A-pillar gauge pod for boost gauge, etc...
Haven't seen one of those (haven't really looked either)

lenswerks
11-19-2012, 08:05 PM
A-Pillar 2 gauge pod for 52mm gauges
VF Engineering made transmission mount
Lift pads
TyrolSport made upgraded SMIC(s)
Torque-limiting wheel bolt socket
Protecta Socket kit
Upgraded adjustable rear sway bar
Shop manual
Black chrome front - rear - door handle pcs.
European rear fog with switch

MADNESSLuckyJay
11-19-2012, 09:02 PM
awesome, I'm going to start looking into these, let's keep the thread going!

William M Jacocks Jr
11-19-2012, 09:02 PM
I like lenswerks ideas, add a winning lottery ticket too! LOL

White Abarth
11-19-2012, 09:07 PM
Some kind of "Oh, crap!" passenger side handle retrofit for sunroofed cars would be helpful. We'd buy two right now.

Mark Altieri
11-19-2012, 10:06 PM
You are so right. I'm in Florida and I really need a hood bug deflector too.

Wyo
11-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Leveling kit. Drop just the back to level it out

stealthy1ss
11-19-2012, 11:06 PM
Actual quality handling springs that are progressive and have a lot of testing gone into them. Lowering springs bind and collapse over time. What about harness bars for those of us that don't want roll cages?

deathshead
11-20-2012, 12:03 AM
More afrordability. Us abarth guys bought "the poor mans Ferrari" For a reason.
We don't want to have to pay Ferarri performance parts pricing.
for instance, a simple intake with parts bought in quantity should only cost around $50-75 to build, yet
I keep seeing $400 intakes...

Springs tuned for the stock struts.

The Assetto corse hood vents more affordable, even black abs would work great. And could be made in a affordable price range..

The biggest demand right now for the abarth would be REAL tunes.
Piggyback boxes are a overpriced bandaid..

paook
11-20-2012, 02:04 AM
Some kind of "Oh, crap!" passenger side handle retrofit for sunroofed cars would be helpful. We'd buy two right now.

Another vote for this. If a quality one is made available, I WILL buy it.

Sharon White
11-20-2012, 02:24 AM
can you tell me how to adjust the seat? I rented one from ENTERPRISE but with no manual....thanks

Sharon White
11-20-2012, 02:26 AM
I have a FIAT 500 for a rental but it doesn't have the manual and I need to adjust the seats...actually the back of the drivers seat needs to be moved up.

Wolfie
11-20-2012, 03:01 AM
Shop manual

+1

Jjm4life
11-20-2012, 01:46 PM
The sabelt abarth seats with and airbag fix( I'd buy them today!)
Upgraded door cards( suede/ leather)
Ploy motor and trans mounts. Not solid.
A real tuning solution

Thad
11-20-2012, 04:19 PM
The Auto On Sport button!

Jjm4life
11-20-2012, 04:28 PM
The Auto On Sport button!

Lol. I can't wait to install mine. One of the torx screws behind my dash was stripped by the factory. Haven't gotten around to getting a bit to handle it yet.

Berliner
11-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Seats Seats Seats them Stock Seats on the 500 drive me Nuts.

MADNESSLuckyJay
11-20-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm so glad to see people voicing their needs! I'm going to sit down tomorrow and go over all these and see what we can do! Hope to keep this going, we at 500 MADNESS want to do our best to make our customers 100% happy!

FiatGusto
11-20-2012, 11:13 PM
Many of us have already asked for a center arm rest/storage item?????

eedwards
11-20-2012, 11:14 PM
How about a simple and CHEAP divider for the door pockets. If I only have one or two things in there(like sunglasses), the stuff just slides around every time I brake or accelerate (not drag race starts either). Something that would take up minimal room, that could divide the slot into 3 or 4 spaces, depending on need. Maybe one of the spaces could be taken up by some kind of tissue box with a built in pocket for a hand sanitizer bottle.

Right now I can stop the sliding by filling it with junk, but that defeats the purpose. :)

White Abarth
11-21-2012, 12:51 AM
How about a simple and CHEAP divider for the door pockets.

I crammed so much stuff in there so long ago trying to keep things put that I didn't even think of this until reminded by this post. Even a simple no-slip liner or insert would be a big improvement, but a divider or two would be really nice.

paook
11-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Another vote for a SHOP MANUAL. Forgot that I wanted one....

redred
11-22-2012, 01:09 PM

Even a simple no-slip liner or insert would be a big improvement, but a divider or two would be really nice.

Both AWESOME ideas!!!! I would buy something like this in a heart beat. A no-slip, rubber (or equivalent) liner would also stop things from rattling when the speakers are up loud. That drives me nuts. I keep thinking the door panel is loose, but then I realize it's just my sunglasses case vibrating around.

trevc
11-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Some more affordable seat and harness options ( for Autocross and track days).
Track day brake pads for the standard calipers.
Center armrest with storage that the driver and passenger can use.

cmj912
11-22-2012, 01:59 PM
something nicer/more sturdy to replace the center/rear console that has the cupholder in it.

Scorponix
11-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Front Mount Intercooler
Blow Off Valve
Boost Controller
Front Tower Strut Bar (saw one on ebay but it's white)
Black Taillights
Black Headlights
Blacked out side markers

AbarthUSA
11-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Clear side marker lenses, the ones on the wheel wells.

GoFiatGo!
11-27-2012, 11:37 PM
More afrordability.
for instance, a simple intake with parts bought in quantity should only cost around $50-75 to build, yet
I keep seeing $400 intakes...
And could be made in a affordable price range..
The biggest demand right now for the abarth would be REAL tunes.
Piggyback boxes are a overpriced bandaid..

X2... Nearly every vendor thinks their parts are worth their weight in gold... And a real tune.
Also just some more time in R&D. I know the car is new but there isn't squat for parts. More go fast bits.

redred
11-28-2012, 05:49 PM
White instrument gauges like the Tributo Ferrari. So much easier to see than the stock black ones on the Abarth

sjmst
11-28-2012, 09:57 PM
Hey everybody, I wanted to start a thread about what products you'd like to see for the FIAT 500, we are always looking to expand, maybe there is a part you've thought up that should be made available! So let me know if you have some ideas on 500 product!

Euro wheels...like the Petal 17" wheels.

ahh-bert
11-29-2012, 01:26 AM
I love to replace that little flat piece that goes between the back seat and the trunk lid. You know - the long narrow fuzzy paper plate thing? Can I purchase one that is strong enough to place stuff on while I'm unloading the trunk?

DCAbarth
11-29-2012, 12:19 PM
I'd love height adjustable front seat belts

DCAbarth
11-29-2012, 11:41 PM
Oops, I re-read the original post... guess ya can't really sell height adjustable doohickies for the seatbelts aftermarket lol

paook
12-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Thought of a few other things:

Replacement for the red plastic protective cover in the engine bay. Machined aluminum or something else more durable.

Cheap simple (at least to make...probably not to install) one - Replacement for the 'SPORT' button. The button itself... some variety of word choice options could be 'FUN' or 'HANG ON'.

Berliner
12-13-2012, 12:14 AM
How about lovely Girls with Power Tools installing Eibach Springs in a Micro Bikini working around your 500. Spending 25 Years in Sales we all know it is called a Lay down.....and it will improve the buttom Line for an Indy Shop...

Lucky loose the Hat....... there are female Ab Drivers drulling over you in Kentucky that have the $$$ to make a Trip to the West Coast.....

and tell Boris we are ok with the whole going green Stuff **** but instead putting a Postcard with your Order spend the $$$$$ and put a Sticker of your Business with the Order.

As we all know Modders that buy from 500 Madness are proud to show it.

You Guys doing an awesome Job keeping the 500 Modders on there Toes with all you do....

It is awesome ..... how about a 500 Madness Sticker to slap on my Bettys Ass...... to get me in the Mood..... to rock her Boat and call Madness 1st Thing in the Morning.....

Just a Thought... you asked..... i answered.....

Cheers from Phoenix

MADNESSLuckyJay
12-13-2012, 01:27 PM
How about lovely Girls with Power Tools installing Eibach Springs in a Micro Bikini working around your 500. Spending 25 Years in Sales we all know it is called a Lay down.....and it will improve the buttom Line for an Indy Shop...

Lucky loose the Hat....... there are female Ab Drivers drulling over you in Kentucky that have the $$$ to make a Trip to the West Coast.....

and tell Boris we are ok with the whole going green Stuff **** but instead putting a Postcard with your Order spend the $$$$$ and put a Sticker of your Business with the Order.

As we all know Modders that buy from 500 Madness are proud to show it.

You Guys doing an awesome Job keeping the 500 Modders on there Toes with all you do....

It is awesome ..... how about a 500 Madness Sticker to slap on my Bettys Ass...... to get me in the Mood..... to rock her Boat and call Madness 1st Thing in the Morning.....

Just a Thought... you asked..... i answered.....

Cheers from Phoenix

I think we should really work on that first comment, girls with power tools are amazing. Looks like I better watch out if I go to Kentucky! We are getting some decals ordered so we can start including them. And I have no problem sending one out to you!

MADNESSLuckyJay
12-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Hey Guys! These are all great suggestions, I read through them and start looking to source what you guys would like! I am working on having new FIAT wheels made, hopefully by the 1st Quarter of next year, and we will have some great seating options coming along as well!

Berliner
12-13-2012, 01:58 PM
16 or 17 Inchclassic Monza wheels like you have as a 15 Inch.

Crossfirecat
12-15-2012, 05:10 AM
Adjustable end links for the front anti sway bar! (For those of us that have lowering springs or coil overs). Why? Because lowering puts preload on the anti sway bar. Not good! You'd be surprised how much better a car rides and handles as well. It helps take some of that "jarring" out of the front end when you hit bumps or those horrid expansion joints on bridges!

Pinecone
12-15-2012, 06:11 AM
While I agree that an adjustable end link is a good thing.

I disagree that lowering by itself causes preload. Preload is caused by putting a twisting load on the bar. So lowering can only cause this is the car is now lowered the same side to side.

MADNESSLuckyJay
12-15-2012, 12:57 PM
I actually might have a source for the harness bar, I'm working with somebody and we are going to see if it will fit

MADNESSLuckyJay
12-15-2012, 02:58 PM
You got it, Avatar... no hat

cmj912
12-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Unless I am missing them on the site, I still haven't seen dead pedal covers sold on their own. Either that or sets of mats that cover the dead pedal area. You may be able to rest your foot to the right side of the brake in the automatic but its impossible to not put your foot on the dead pedal with the 5-speed.

Red Dwarf
12-16-2012, 03:54 PM
something nicer/more sturdy to replace the center/rear console that has the cupholder in it.

1+!

Also something to place on the doors for scuffs from feet getting out of the car.

MADNESSLuckyJay
12-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Unless I am missing them on the site, I still haven't seen dead pedal covers sold on their own. Either that or sets of mats that cover the dead pedal area. You may be able to rest your foot to the right side of the brake in the automatic but its impossible to not put your foot on the dead pedal with the 5-speed.

I'll check on it for you when I get to the shop tomorrow!

MADNESSLuckyJay
12-16-2012, 08:45 PM
1+!

Also something to place on the doors for scuffs from feet getting out of the car.

Door sills?

MADNESSLuckyJay
12-18-2012, 02:45 PM

Hey cmj, I just went through the ones we offer, and you're correct, we don't have a dead pedal only, if you are looking to get one though, you could save a few bucks by buying the pedals for an automatic, it includes the dead pedal, but at that point you might as well look for a really cool manual pedal kit that you like!

MADNESSLuckyJay
12-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Adjustable end links for the front anti sway bar! (For those of us that have lowering springs or coil overs). Why? Because lowering puts preload on the anti sway bar. Not good! You'd be surprised how much better a car rides and handles as well. It helps take some of that "jarring" out of the front end when you hit bumps or those horrid expansion joints on bridges!

Looking under the hood, even with end links, still not sure you can fit a true strut tower brace on the car without cutting up your cowl, and the tops of the struts just have one center bolt, most strut tower braces aren't designed to be attached to a center bolt like that. Any suggestions from the forum?

Jjm4life
12-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Looking under the hood, even with end links, still not sure you can fit a true strut tower brace on the car without cutting up your cowl, and the tops of the struts just have one center bolt, most strut tower braces aren't designed to be attached to a center bolt like that. Any suggestions from the forum?

looking under the hood there doesnt seem to be any way to run a strut tower brace. the towers are hidden under the cowl, buried all the way at the back. I can't imagine that other bar posted in another thred actually does anything since its not triangulated. Ram looks to be making suspension braces that look a lot more effective.

Cough.. Mini battery kit..cough. For serious the front of this car needs to lose some weight.

MADNESSLuckyJay
12-19-2012, 06:12 PM
looking under the hood there doesnt seem to be any way to run a strut tower brace. the towers are hidden under the cowl, buried all the way at the back. I can't imagine that other bar posted in another thred actually does anything since its not triangulated. Ram looks to be making suspension braces that look a lot more effective.

Cough.. Mini battery kit..cough. For serious the front of this car needs to lose some weight.

Just as an FYI, come January we'll have a battery option for you guys!

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
12-19-2012, 06:29 PM
I would like to see a kit to utilize the rear seats after we them delete from the car. My attic is full.

MADNESSLuckyJay
12-19-2012, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE=Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth;584591]I would like to see a kit to utilize the rear seats after we them delete from the car. My attic is full.[/QUOTE

Do you mean a kit that makes the seats removable for the track, then you could put them back in for the ride home? Ooooor just something fun to do with those back seats in general?

12-19-2012, 06:40 PM
[QUOTE=Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth;584591]I would like to see a kit to utilize the rear seats after we them delete from the car. My attic is full.[/QUOTE

Do you mean a kit that makes the seats removable for the track, then you could put them back in for the ride home? Ooooor just something fun to do with those back seats in general?
Yes,some kind of frame or rail to bolt to floor and wall in mancave or garage.

KMC
12-20-2012, 09:57 AM
On the rear seat removal thought...How about a security cover to hide what is in the now "expanded cargo" area to go from where the present little hard cover mounts and pull towards the front seats and secure up there.
Make it part of the rear seat kit or another option for it.

UFI
01-07-2013, 10:46 AM
I would like some Ti wheel bolts, light alloy accessory pulleys, maybe some replacement brake rotors drilled for the more standard 4/100 stud pattern.

Haring
01-07-2013, 11:13 AM
16 or 17 Inchclassic Monza wheels like you have as a 15 Inch.

16's would be great especially if we could re-use the tires off the stock sport wheels. One thing keeping me from buying a new set of wheels is the price of wheels + tires. So thinking I might keep the current ones till I have to replace them. Then get the wheels too.

These are thoughts I had that come from my VW days...mostly anything off the European models that we don't get in the states. 1. The glove box is so small. I'd love to have the cubbie hole that they get. 2. It'd also be too much $$$ but I'd love to swap out the rear hatch with the wide recess for the European license plate.

pastor passum
01-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Rear cargo area tray for "rear seat delete".

MADNESSLuckyJay
01-07-2013, 02:07 PM
I'm really glad that you guys voice your opinion on here! Just want you to know that I do look at this and make notes on posts, that way we have a current list of parts to hunt for!

NeverOEM
01-08-2013, 06:16 PM
How about a proper flash tune instead of these control boxes? Ya know, something that actually adjusts timing and all that instead of just upping the boost? An E85 map on said flash tune would also be awesome.

GileraWarren
01-09-2013, 11:26 AM
sport mode on always make the button an econo button like the euro version.
Heated seats at least an option in the Abarths and 500T's
Automatic in the 500T's. I can't believe they didn't have this as an option. It would certainly expand their market appeal

Abarth Phreak
01-10-2013, 09:42 PM
sport mode on always make the button an econo button like the euro version.
Heated seats at least an option in the Abarths and 500T's
Automatic in the 500T's. I can't believe they didn't have this as an option. It would certainly expand their market appeal

Are you saying Sport automatically on...then the button for econo mode? I like it to say sport instead of econo personally...but the idea is good
Heated seats are available as an option on the Abarth...so you are good there now....
Turbo auto???? hit the snooze button!

GileraWarren
01-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Turbo auto???? hit the snooze button!
Well then she'll just go buy another Mini Cooper S. They offer an automatic. The name of the game is to sell cars isn't it?

fltrplntman
01-10-2013, 10:50 PM

Two things... 1) This rear spoiler..
http://www.fiat500owners.com/forum/attachments/fiat-500-appearance-body/253d1312041833-spoiler-question-alpine-fiat-500-rear-spoiler.jpg

2) and a flash for better fuel economy. I know its out there. Just can't find it. (My cousin's husband works for Magneti Marelli here in the states, and hinted to one. Then clammed up) :-)

Mr. Man
02-20-2013, 03:59 AM
An adjustable carbon fiber assetto corse styled rear spoiler.
Functional carbon front lip with an underbody panel.
More underbody panels biggrin
Canards/dive planes/whatever the heck you want to call them.
Soft plastic or leather panels to replace the really cheap hard plastic panels.
I would spend all my money on this stuff
Oh, and those lovely sabelt seats. You guys could keep those special order and do what yul did with his: put the sensors from the standard seats into the sabelts so the airbags that are in the car still function properly. I'd like the ones with the carbon fiber finish please :) (I love cf if you can't tell)
Also, lightweight oem style rims. I love the look but lighter ones would be better.

janaheim
02-20-2013, 05:09 AM
1. Mounting bracket on the dashboard for my Nuvi 765.
2. Chrome lockable gas cap.
3. Ambient interior lighting with different colors (foot wells & cup holders).

Andree
02-20-2013, 08:14 AM
With the rear seat delete, a dog guard/grille for behind the front seats.

The rear seats do not fold flat and even with the cargo space, and aren't set up at all to handle dogs or cargo, so deleting the rear seat is the way to go for using the vehicle for dogs or light cargo on a regular basis.

I've looked around, and see that most dog lovers don't consider there to be enough space in the cargo area for dogs of any size. It's not set up for that at all. There's barely enough room for a cat carrier.

There are a bunch of dog guards out there, but finding ones that will fit our car specifically can be a problem, read the first review here, where someone found out that the size was off by 3":
http://www.wag.com/dog/p/general-cage-economy-tubular-dog-guard-welded-vehicle-barrier-189617

When it comes to dog safety, or people safety, I wouldn't want to just slap something in the back of the car and hope it holds.

Along with the dog guard could come dog crates that fit in the back. Yes, they should be tested for strength and tied down:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_crate

There may well be sizes that fit pretty good, but having them available on your site, 500 Madness, would help 500 owners specifically. A selection of sizes, and what fits with Bose/Alpine amplifier and/or Beats Speaker. Might even need to create a breathable, yet waterproof (slobberproof) cover for both the amplifier and the rear speakers. As you might have a water dish in a crate for the dog, and don't want the water sloshing into electronics of any kind.

Also, the usual pet floor covers. Including possibly an all-season mat for the entire length of the rear cargo space after the seat is deleted. The whole area needs to have a cover on the floor.

I don't even have a dog, but I'm in an area where people come from all over to walk their dogs. Or take their dogs hiking. Every single vehicle has all sorts of dog contraptions for the dog area of their vehicle. Crates and blankets and guard grilles and tie-downs.

===

Vaguely related would be a vinyl headliner. That fuzzy cloth isn't going to stay clean forever, and I have the ivory. There's no way to clean that easily. A vinyl headliner in the ivory or black would be great. Perhaps improved to be slightly soundproofed/insulated/fireproof. Don't forget to include the edges around the Cabriolet. That will probably be the first of the Fiat 500 group needing replacement. Even if the interior is black ambient, it appears the top area is the ivory, and you can see the fuzzy strips I'm talking about here:

I had a white interior VW Cabriolet for years, and putting the top down does indeed dirty up everything over time. I may be thinking years in advance, but replacements will be needed. Vinyl is a better choice and should have been used, in my opinion, in the first place. And that won't be available from Fiat at all.

You might also be able to have a vinyl replacement done in a couple extra colors, besides the standard ivory or black. Perhaps a red and a brown? For the cars that have the black interior with the brown/silver sport cloth or the black/red Abarth seats, the roof being brown or red could be a neat addition.

===

The most complex idea is a new rear seat back hinge. Where the hinge itself is replaced, to raise the seat back up and over and down, so it is completely horizontal, while being stepped up higher than the cargo space. This would make the cargo area more useable, without having to delete the seats. A flat surface can have items placed on it, while the current "leaning" back seats are virtually useless.

NC Abarth
02-20-2013, 12:20 PM

I also think that would be a great idea.
Along this same line, how about a glove box organizer? When you open the glove box door, items tend to just fall out. Maybe something with sides so when the door is opened, things stay put.

Bad-tat
03-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Paddle shifters!

MugenReplica
03-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Shift gate?

Crossfirecat
03-07-2013, 07:05 PM
How about a rear springs only "leveling" kit? Drop the back just enough to get rid of the jack rabbit stance!

shagghie
03-07-2013, 07:23 PM
How about a ECU software update that allows for inverting the SPORT button default-off to default-on if desired, via the dask menu options.
Or a boost gauge tied to an actual vacuum line.
A woofer replacement for the BEATS woofer driver would be a 'no-brainer' as well. The bose system hits twice as hard in our Prima compared to my beats Abarth... ironic.

Crossfirecat
03-07-2013, 11:37 PM
How about a ECU software update that allows for inverting the SPORT button default-off to default-on if desired, via the dask menu options.
Or a boost gauge tied to an actual vacuum line.
A woofer replacement for the BEATS woofer driver would be a 'no-brainer' as well. The bose system hits twice as hard in our Prima compared to my beats Abarth... ironic.

I may give this a try, coupled to a small 100 watt Kicker amp to replace the beats sub. The beats plays low but you don't really feel it since its in the hat h vs sitting right next to it like the Bose.

http://moparonlineparts.com/fiat-subwoofer-p-2698.html

shagghie
03-08-2013, 03:48 AM
I may give this a try, coupled to a small 100 watt Kicker amp to replace the beats sub. The beats plays low but you don't really feel it since its in the hat h vs sitting right next to it like the Bose.

http://moparonlineparts.com/fiat-subwoofer-p-2698.html

I like that, AND it looks to take up less room that the beats. Thanks!

Berliner
03-08-2013, 04:43 AM
HHHm how about a button on the Dash so i don,t have to listen to my Teen Girls Boy Friend Problems and my Betty complaining about her Washer that is on the last Leg.

I know wishful Thinking even Madness does not have that Part on the Shelve......

Rock Abarth
03-10-2013, 12:41 AM
I'd like to see the small fender mount signal light in smoked and would also like black door handles.

Tweak
03-10-2013, 01:27 AM
Storage/arm rest for both front seat occupants. (Sorry if it was mentioned, about to go to bed and didn't read the entire list thus far).

Berliner
03-10-2013, 07:03 AM
HHHmmm how about that Gun from Star Treck that freezzzzes People when the get on your Nerves.....

03-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Storage/arm rest for both front seat occupants. (Sorry if it was mentioned, about to go to bed and didn't read the entire list thus far).
Plus 1!

Mr. Man
04-22-2013, 01:17 AM
I want the super awesome suede dash top that was posted in this thread:
http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?9436-Dash-cover-pad-Opinions-please

shagghie
04-22-2013, 01:30 AM
I want the super awesome suede dash top that was posted in this thread:
http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?9436-Dash-cover-pad-Opinions-please

http://www.arqray.jp/cgi-tool/making_fiat/topics.cgi?page=5 <----that's from the cabin of the Arqray A500 build they blogged... the seats and steering and suede shift boot.... just GORGEOUS!
The google translate of the corresponding blog entry... sounds as though this was a photo they found themselves to use for inspiration:

"Exterior parts to develop the following items get ... determined by the aero of new products
It is exploring a lot. That said, cost or may say that it make things
(Sweat), I think carefully now so consuming. This photo ... for example
↑ ↑ contents of sporty and elegant is'm a I taste like, but the child
I keep pin to see the photos! The ... and if we develop the parts that
I also slightly from the start of the ride Abarth For that part ^ _ ^ (we
Because it is a place that I wanted to improve ... or rather dissatisfaction first genuine parts
Out or can be purchased? The price? There are a lot, but first or investigation
I'd like to start from. You hit the calculator is not good, but (sweat)."

http://www.arqray.jp/cgi-tool/making_fiat/img/47-1.jpg

Actually, just realized... this is the Romeo Ferraris car!: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/fiat/2011-fiat-abarth-500-cinquone-stradale-by-romeo-ferraris-ar117654/pictures.html

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/jpg/201110/abarth-500-cinquone--2w.jpg

wonder why the wheels are 5-bolt pattern????

mkawa
04-22-2013, 01:58 AM
stuff i want:

cheap, well made alum crossmember to replace the one in the bottom of the rear seats

aluminum control arms with increased caster, mild track increase, lighter weight, choice of poly or sphericals. geometry fixes for roll center on lowered fronts

an actual way to attach the front struts to the car's body

other suspension gripes, well detailed.

locally made catless downpipe (a resonator replacement would be nice to keep under the laguna seca db limit)

track pads in our size from the big guys

lightweight battery solution (working on it)

ecu programming via OBD

power steering controller programming via OBD/CAN (on that note, the steering needs more feel in general, a rack change would help, so will the harder front-end bushings and RRM's front subframe bracing)

poly/sphericals for the rear end

slop fixes (springs, bushings) for the shifter mechanism on both ends

slightly harder targeted motor mounts (don't both with the snubbers) for smoother transmission actuation and more immediate power delivery

not stuff i want:

5 lug is probably conversion spacers made possible by the widebody kit. hard to find 18s in 4x100

Jjm4life
04-22-2013, 02:22 AM
^^ lots of good ones there. Especially motor/trans mounts, suspension.

Waiting on my rrm braces, i hope it helps

Mr. Man
04-22-2013, 02:29 AM
http://www.arqray.jp/cgi-tool/making_fiat/topics.cgi?page=5 <----that's from the cabin of the Arqray A500 build they blogged... the seats and steering and suede shift boot.... just GORGEOUS!
The google translate of the corresponding blog entry... sounds as though this was a photo they found themselves to use for inspiration:

"Exterior parts to develop the following items get ... determined by the aero of new products
It is exploring a lot. That said, cost or may say that it make things
(Sweat), I think carefully now so consuming. This photo ... for example
↑ ↑ contents of sporty and elegant is'm a I taste like, but the child
I keep pin to see the photos! The ... and if we develop the parts that
I also slightly from the start of the ride Abarth For that part ^ _ ^ (we
Because it is a place that I wanted to improve ... or rather dissatisfaction first genuine parts
Out or can be purchased? The price? There are a lot, but first or investigation
I'd like to start from. You hit the calculator is not good, but (sweat)."

http://www.arqray.jp/cgi-tool/making_fiat/img/47-1.jpg

Actually, just realized... this is the Romeo Ferraris car!: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/fiat/2011-fiat-abarth-500-cinquone-stradale-by-romeo-ferraris-ar117654/pictures.html

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/jpg/201110/abarth-500-cinquone--2w.jpg

wonder why the wheels are 5-bolt pattern????
I would make love to that interior! Will they be releasing anything? That translation was pretty bad

mkawa
04-22-2013, 02:31 AM
i wouldn't expect much without much higher spring and rebound rates. there are two RRM braces. the underbody braces ties the "wings" of the front subframe together. really, it just removes a little bit of flex in the front subframe that might otherwise soften high front spring rates meant to keep the inside front sticking.

the other braces just tie the front crash structure to the front subframe. these were probably weak stamped pieces by design from the factory for crumple zone reasons, BUT with high spring rates and more solid strut mounts and stiffer L-arm bushings they will stop the subframe from flexing upward in response to the former.

as with any chassis modification, there's always a danger of changing the crash structure, but i would guess that these are a heck of a lot safer than those stupid X-braces people sell, and will increase actual wheel rates during hard driving once we have the other suspension issues sorted out.

Jjm4life
07-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Bumping this thread

Still want:

Motor mounts
mini battery kit
Skid plate
Suede door panels
A real tune

MADNESSLuckyJay
07-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Bumping this thread

Still want:

Motor mounts
mini battery kit
Skid plate
Suede door panels
A real tune

your want list looks like my project list! haha, we do have our decat ready to go!

http://500madness.com/500madness/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=115&product_id=1956

ksig421
07-05-2013, 01:12 PM
A "true" strut tower brace for the NA Abarth

MADNESSLuckyJay
07-05-2013, 01:15 PM
A "true" strut tower brace for the NA Abarth

Not sure this will happen for a couple reasons, one being that there is no way to connect the strut towers with the windshield cowl being where it is, and upon further inspection, there is already metal connecting the two. Now that being said we are playing with some ideas on how to accomplish this, buuuuuuuuuut, that's why there aren't 40 different brands of strut tower braces like with Hondas etc

MADNESSLuckyJay
07-05-2013, 01:16 PM
As for the suede dash, you can have an interior shop do that for you, or if you are brave enough DIY!! Glue+Suede=Awesomeness

Abarth6633
07-05-2013, 03:06 PM
I would like to see the Sabelt Seat for the abarth

http://www.fiat500usa.com/2012/07/sabelt-seats-for-north-american-fiat.html

MADNESSLuckyJay
07-05-2013, 03:12 PM
I would like to see the Sabelt Seat for the abarth

http://www.fiat500usa.com/2012/07/sabelt-seats-for-north-american-fiat.html

*sigh* so would I!

When they make them available, we will have them for sure!

Jjm4life
07-05-2013, 03:31 PM
*sigh* so would I!

When they make them available, we will have them for sure!

Do want.with white backs. Just need a fix to shut off the airbag lights. Id say thats worth 2k per chair for sure.

Jay, sent you a pm.

MADNESSLuckyJay
07-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Do want.with white backs. Just need a fix to shut off the airbag lights. Id say thats worth 2k per chair for sure.

Jay, sent you a pm.

Having Joseph in sales reach out to you, are you dead set on these? It's just that there are so many awesome seats out there! But then again the Sabelts ARE particularly awesome

Jjm4life
07-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Having Joseph in sales reach out to you, are you dead set on these? It's just that there are so many awesome seats out there! But then again the Sabelts ARE particularly awesome

Not dead set on anything at the moment. But they are badass, especially given the fact that they are a European option..
More concerned with the stuff in the pm i sent currently.

Jjm4life
07-08-2013, 07:24 PM

Still waiting to hear from Joseph....

sbulla
07-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Comfortable front seats for the 500L. And stripes

Abarth Phreak
07-10-2013, 12:40 AM
One of those old school cup holders that hangs from the door/window frame but with a FIAT logo...cuz the stock holders blow monkey chunks.

BigT
07-10-2013, 07:26 AM
Cup holders that can hold two large drink cups from McDonald's at the same time. However I have gotten very skilled at operating the car with 1 hand while transporting dinner home lol.

Tweak
07-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Just thinking about eating and drinking in the car makes me cringe, and fast food isn't making me cringe any less. :D Sealed bottles are cool, not cups though please!!!

I still think the main need/want is the center console...custom fab something someone!

Andree
07-10-2013, 08:35 PM
One of those old school cup holders that hangs from the door/window frame but with a FIAT logo...cuz the stock holders blow monkey chunks.

Tried using the ones I'd used in my VW many years back, but the door panels are too wide. Makes me realize just how thick the Fiat doors are, compared to the VW, as the drink holders were to deep in the VW. Too shallow in the Fiat.

Andree
07-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Just thinking about eating and drinking in the car makes me cringe, and fast food isn't making me cringe any less. :D Sealed bottles are cool, not cups though please!!!

I still think the main need/want is the center console...custom fab something someone!

I currently have a giant can of diet Arizona Iced Tea. Had hoped it would fit in the little cup holder area, it doesn't, it needs the full giant area.

Tweak
07-11-2013, 02:34 PM
I currently have a giant can of diet Arizona Iced Tea. Had hoped it would fit in the little cup holder area, it doesn't, it needs the full giant area.

A can, buy the bottle please! LOL, seriously, you are just trying to make me squirm now!

Andree
07-11-2013, 04:16 PM
A can, buy the bottle please! LOL, seriously, you are just trying to make me squirm now!

There was only so much selection at the gas mart. Have to buy what I can drink (no sugar) and will (hopefully) fit in the holder. I've wondered what beverages the manufacturers base their cup holders on, since having the Honda Fit. Oddly misshapen holders that I think must be for Styrofoam coffee cups. Who drinks out of those in a car? Italy must have different bevs than Japan, because their holders are weird too.

Tweak
07-12-2013, 09:05 AM
There was only so much selection at the gas mart. Have to buy what I can drink (no sugar) and will (hopefully) fit in the holder. I've wondered what beverages the manufacturers base their cup holders on, since having the Honda Fit. Oddly misshapen holders that I think must be for Styrofoam coffee cups. Who drinks out of those in a car? Italy must have different bevs than Japan, because their holders are weird too.

Fits my bottled water with room to spare. :)

chududu
07-16-2013, 03:15 PM
Rear cargo area tray for "rear seat delete".

I also think that would be a great idea.
Along this same line, how about a glove box organizer? When you open the glove box door, items tend to just fall out. Maybe something with sides so when the door is opened, things stay put.

Utilizing the underneath space created when removing the rear seat would be better than the delete kits that just cover everything. Maybe a hidden storage box under a flap of carpet would be possible.

And an unlocked glove box is almost useless in the city. What about an electric lock box that connects to the power doorlocks?

Or at least some kind of glove box that doesn't spill everything onto the lid when opening.

cmj912
07-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Utilizing the underneath space created when removing the rear seat would be better than the delete kits that just cover everything. Maybe a hidden storage box under a flap of carpet would be possible.

And an unlocked glove box is almost useless in the city. What about an electric lock box that connects to the power doorlocks?

Or at least some kind of glove box that doesn't spill everything onto the lid when opening.

That was one of the 'gifts' that some people didn't appreciate. :D The European car doesn't have a glovebox at all...most of them have an open bin where the box is and then the passenger seat cushion flips up to provide underseat storage. Some Pops, I believe, have this configuration.

I, for one, am still looking for a decent set of seat covers that is not:
1) $700 billion dollars (the BLACK ones are nice but for that price they don't even cover the whole seat LOL)
2) limited in color selection. (neoprene in black or grey base color...?...only? isn't every order custom...so they can make it in any color?)
3) requires removing the rear seat to install it. seat covers are great because you can remove them and clean them. if the seats have to come out when I go to remove and clean them...um...well...you get it.

animator659
07-21-2013, 01:09 PM
This is some what mundane but I would purchase some sort of insert tray for the glove box that would make storing an ipod easier and would prevent the contents from shifting and falling out upon opening.

Tweak
07-21-2013, 09:03 PM
This is some what mundane but I would purchase some sort of insert tray for the glove box that would make storing an ipod easier and would prevent the contents from shifting and falling out upon opening.

The small elastic net isn't doing it for you I take it?

ScorpionSkins.com
08-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Here's one I haven't seen mentioned so far: floorboards :)

I was originally planning to purchase a set for my Mini. In my opinion they clean up the interior and give any car a sportier look:

http://www.rennline.com/images/F50.jpg http://www.rennline.com/images/F50-3.jpg http://www.rennline.com/images/F51-1.jpg

http://www.rennline.com/images/F50-4.jpg http://www.rennline.com/images/F51-4.jpg

Products featured above made by a company called Rennline (http://www.rennline.com/). I've attempted to contact them and express interest in a Fiat 500 product, but they never got back to me. Perhaps you'd be able to pull more influence on them as a vendor? :) I quite like their product offering because you have the option of only using the backing plates with a floor mat set of your choosing if preferred.

Of course, it's not a concept foreign to the Abarth to begin with:

http://s8.postimg.org/q2lnit0mt/695.jpg

http://s14.postimg.org/z2etadcq9/3594_630xfloat_abarth_695_tributo_ferrari_02.jpg

MADNESSLuckyJay
08-05-2013, 01:11 PM
we can make that here! If you'd like a custom set let me know, I'll be adding these to my To-Do list!

Haring
08-05-2013, 01:50 PM
I don't know if there are some that "might fit" but thinking there might be a market for a spare donut tire for the Abarth. I've been tempted to buy a spare sport wheel to bring with me on trips but thinking a thin donut tire would take up less room.

gtntahg
09-18-2013, 12:11 AM
A bracket to hold a Passport or Valentine 1 radar detector that mounts to the existing rear view mirror stalk. Then also come up with a way to supply "hard wired" power to the area inconspicuously (concealed in the roof panel or something?)

A rain light to go in the middle of the Abarth rear under tray where the mesh air outlet is currently.

White gauge face on the speedometer ring in the instrument cluster (like on the Lounge).

Larger sun visors that, once rotated over to the side window, extend (common feature on most cars). Make the new sun visors out of padded black leather (this was/is a popular replacement item for the FIAT 124 Spiders).

09-18-2013, 06:44 AM
I am sure that someone has mentioned this before but a skid plate to replace the OEM plastic piece. I have a feeling that a soon as I lower mine it will be needed.

Macchina Divertente
09-25-2013, 12:59 PM
An armrest delete kit.

gtntahg
09-28-2013, 10:18 AM
A nice leather Owner's manual pouch.