PDA

View Full Version : 500 MADNESS ABARTH High-Flow Intake Installation video

MADNESSLuckyJay
11-17-2012, 03:08 AM
It's a wrap! You can now check out our High-Flow Intake Installation video and get your finger nails dirty!

http://youtu.be/VOB3Xn7hEmg

EliRider
11-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Awesome job Madness!
Thank you for the video.

Zack Hurst
11-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Being made of aluminium, does it absorb much heat from the turbo (sitting right underneath it)?

MADNESSLuckyJay
11-19-2012, 01:47 PM
[QUOTE=Zack Hurst;580783]Being made of aluminium, does it absorb much heat from the turbo (sitting right underneath it)?[/QUOTE

We didn't notice any

AbarthP
11-19-2012, 02:06 PM
[QUOTE=Zack Hurst;580783]Being made of aluminium, does it absorb much heat from the turbo (sitting right underneath it)?[/QUOTE

We didn't notice any

Why wouldn't it? Ever take the temperature of the heat under the hood? So now you you have rising heat, the aluminum piping AND the piping over the manifold and turbo. That pipe needs to be wrapped with header wrap to get any benefit.

MADNESSLuckyJay
11-19-2012, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE=MADNESSLuckyJay;581000]

Why wouldn't it? Ever take the temperature of the heat under the hood? So now you you have rising heat, the aluminum piping AND the piping over the manifold and turbo. That pipe needs to be wrapped with header wrap to get any benefit.

Sorry for the short answer! I'll give you a brief on turbo motors and intakes. When the air coming into the engine hits the turbo it's going to get hot, even if it is coming from a "cold-air" source. This intake is a high-flow intake, it's designed to reduce the restrictions in the air-flow, not a source for "cold air". We do supply a shield to work with the intake that helps direct cooler air from the front air dam into the intake (instead of pulling in the air from the engine compartment). The intake tube can get hot after running for a while, but being aluminum it does deal with any heat it absorbs much better than stainless steel would. We also offer this intake with ceramic coating if you'd like one that will resist heat even more. I hope this helps and feel free to ask any other questions!

Zack Hurst
11-19-2012, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=AbarthP;581004]

Sorry for the short answer! I'll give you a brief on turbo motors and intakes. When the air coming into the engine hits the turbo it's going to get hot, even if it is coming from a "cold-air" source. This intake is a high-flow intake, it's designed to reduce the restrictions in the air-flow, not a source for "cold air". We do supply a shield to work with the intake that helps direct cooler air from the front air dam into the intake (instead of pulling in the air from the engine compartment). The intake tube can get hot after running for a while, but being aluminum it does deal with any heat it absorbs much better than stainless steel would. We also offer this intake with ceramic coating if you'd like one that will resist heat even more. I hope this helps and feel free to ask any other questions!

Thanks for the more detailed explination.

That being said, what kind of real-world performance numbers have you guys gotten? What kind of power increase should someone see after installing this?

MADNESSLuckyJay
11-19-2012, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=MADNESSLuckyJay;581013]

Thanks for the more detailed explination.

That being said, what kind of real-world performance numbers have you guys gotten? What kind of power increase should someone see after installing this?

As soon as I get dyno numbers I'll post them for sure!