PDA

View Full Version : odometer flashing and turbo boost

GileraWarren
11-17-2012, 01:00 AM
Today my odometer started flashing all the time. also the Colon between the hour and minutes on the time is flashing at the same speed. On an unrelated problem I admit I don't pay a lot of attention to my boost gauge but I thought at times it used to reach ~18 or 19 PSI and it's not doing that now. Although performance isn't bad it just seems a little flat and the boost only goes up to about 15 or 16 psi. Is that what is normal?

jguerdat
11-17-2012, 09:16 AM
Can't address the flashing. Boost - have you had the PCM reflash? That seems to lower boost seen on the gauge (don't know if it's actually lower since it's a processed signal rather than real boost) without loss of actual power. Still waiting for the completion of the pre-vs. post-flash dyno runs for verification.

Jjm4life
11-17-2012, 01:14 PM
No idea what your issueis, but the colon blinking in the clock is the most obnoxious thing ever.

Tweak
11-17-2012, 03:15 PM
It may not resolve your problem but many disconnect the battery and reconnect, if that works great, if not you probably need a studio visit to check things out.

GileraWarren
11-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks Tweak. that did the job. Disconnected the cables for a few minutes and took the opportunity to smear some Dielectric grease on the terminals. I was surprized that after having the terminals off for a few minutes I didn't even have to reset the clock.

Robert Nixon
11-19-2012, 12:44 PM
after reading this thread I noticed my colon is blinking too....do I need a colonoscopy?

Tweak
11-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Thanks Tweak. that did the job. Disconnected the cables for a few minutes and took the opportunity to smear some Dielectric grease on the terminals. I was surprized that after having the terminals off for a few minutes I didn't even have to reset the clock.

Great! Seems the cars computer is like a regular one and needs a reboot occasionally, seems to resolve some different things so hopefully the issue remains resolved, if not you'll obviously want to get it properly checked out. Good luck and glad that seems to have resolved the issue.

m3chan1c
02-25-2013, 08:26 AM
3 things can cause blink of the odo miles/time.

I ll give 1 for the most usual and 2 and 3 for more rare cases.

1). Maybe needs reflash/newer software installed by the dealership. There was such case in 500s
and a software update solved the problem.

2). Blue & me made by Lauberhorn and not the first series by Microsoft had the following issue.

Please note that, to prevent possible faults or malfunctioning in the Blue&Me™ control unit, if the component and power supply are disconnected/reconnected, the following should be complied with:

- Before disconnecting/reconnecting, place the key to STOP and disconnect the battery.

- After disconnecting one battery terminal, wait at least 15 seconds before reconnecting it.

- Always make sure that the terminals are properly connected to the battery pole.

In the case of Blue&Me™ control unit with Lauberhorn software, an incorrect connection of the terminals to the battery pole could lock the control unit with failed operation, odometer flashing after the third engine starting and failed communication with Examiner and resulting impossible error detection in the control unit.

3). connect/disconnect or replace electronic device connected to the CAN network, the body computer ( NBC ) doesnt
recognise the new addition and needs a "PROXI ALIGNMENT" in order to recognise and accept it.
Can be done with Fiat diagnostic we use the Witech Plus in Europe.

all above have happened to me and been solved as mentioned above.