PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan take this one to your Boss

Berliner
11-13-2012, 04:12 AM
As a Fiat Lover we got 2 Fiats in the Garage. a 2012 500C and a Fiat 2012 Sport. I love the Cars Fiat did a wonderful Job . But honestly what in the F... is wrong with the Fiat Support Team while i was talking about my Fiat Problems i overheard the Conversation ... I am sorry 3 Fiat Techs just walked out on me .... Really ....

Look buying a 500 is awesome but let me tell you here in Phoenix we got 4 Studios 3 of them suck......between Customer Service and fixing my Fiat.

Honestly.... how i gonna say this in the nicest Way.... 2 Fiats in the Garage...... Thank God for Gap Insurance...
If you cant kill the Product you might kill the Messanger

abit angry with the Fiat 500 Hell no.... just abit angry with the Service behind ... hell yes will it kill my Passion for the 500..... Nope time to dust off the Metric Tools.

n

SeaDawg
11-13-2012, 10:23 AM
As a Fiat Lover we got 2 Fiats in the Garage. a 2012 500C and a Fiat 2012 Sport. I love the Cars Fiat did a wonderful Job . But honestly what in the F... is wrong with the Fiat Support Team while i was talking about my Fiat Problems i overheard the Conversation ... I am sorry 3 Fiat Techs just walked out on me .... Really ....

Just an informational post as I am not supporting either side. One of the reasons this happens is that there isn't much to do except change oil/filter and fix problems that come to light over time, which are few. As a result, FIAT techs are 'usually' paid LESS than other car marquee techs. In some cases they don't even get to work 40 hours per week. It's sort of difficult, if not impossible, to support a family under those conditions.

The Service Manager, just under 30 years old, at my LS left on May 31 of this year. He and his SO had 'created' a son and even as a Service Manager was only making about what I make on military retirement and SS combined...approx $36,000 a year. He applied for a managerial position at an indoor electric go kart track and got the job. The salary...$40,000. a year. This is Florida so that figure isn't as bad as some may think.

The 'bottom line' causes many problems some of which we, as customers, experience and some the LS's experience internally.

I have a set of metric tools too, I'm sure not as awesome an assortment as you with 25 years of MB ownership, but these new computerized engines are complex enough that I'm not gonna touch it and make it even more expensive for me when I have to take it to the LS anyway.:frantic4yc:

Major
11-13-2012, 05:34 PM
It may be helpful to add some perspective to this discussion.

The Fiat/Chrysler partnership/merger/whatever happened under the worst possible circumstances, smack in the middle of a really difficult economic climate. About 44% of Chrysler is owned by the union and Fiat is trying to purchase the remainder, while dealing with a host of European economic and government problems as well. What bearing does this have on your individual Fiat 500 situation?

Fiat, the company, has a full plate, and dealership quality and staffing are on a long list of problems. I fully expected this first year, first new model in America in decades Fiat to have all the typical problems; that includes a shaky dealer network that Chrysler has always suffered from, with even more problems inherent in the new, high dollar studio requirement. I also expected more than a few mechanical/reliability/quality problems.

The good news - my little Fiat 500 Rosso is a sweet machine, with better than expected performance and reliability.

The bad news - my dealership is more than 100 miles away and local Chrysler dealers are quite useless for maintenance. I hope never to test the quality of my studio's service, but won't expect greatness if I do.

Overall, the experience has been good so far (a few months), but then I have risked more in life and gotten a great deal less for much more money and effort, so I can't complain. I do sympathize with your situation, but would advise that patience would better serve your cause. Worst case, you can always trade up to a sweet new Audi S3... just about $37,000 at your local dealer.

Berliner
11-13-2012, 06:46 PM
Major, thank you for the Post. Shure makes Sense i just wonder sometimes what ever happen to good Customer Service. I am not the Person that gets up set easy but sometimes i wonder dealing with the Service Dept. I know it is not the Brand it is the Dealer and they wonder why Customers don,t wanna come back.