PDA

View Full Version : Pedal covers

Red Dwarf
11-04-2012, 10:46 AM
I always wanted to install some cool stainless steel pedals and foot rest on my Jag, but like anything on a Jag the cost was just too much for me to justify. With the Fiat I see many reasonable priced options.

Any recommendations? How do you install them? How do you install the foot rest? Perhaps a silly question, but I see stainless Steel pedals with raised rubber bumps. The look cool, but how well to the work? Any issues with Leather soled shoes slipping?

Thanks!

PS. I assume doing this would not void factory warranty or lifetime extended warranty.

Just noticed the pedals are aluminum not stainless steel.

Red Dwarf
11-06-2012, 10:37 AM
No comments out there?

Radi0chik
11-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Maybe nobody's tried it yet. :) If you get some, post pics and info, maybe you'll have more following your example! :)

trevc
11-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Buy an Abarth - they come standard :applause:

Saxonite
11-06-2012, 05:58 PM
My Abarth came with them standard but I've had a set on my RSX-S for several years ago. I've never had an issue with them slipping with any type of sole on my shoes. I one recommendation for pedals is to make sure the gas pedal is just metal without the rubber grips. This will allow the pedal to slide under your foot when you heel/toe downshift. It's more important to have grip on the brake and clutch then the gas. On my Acura about a year ago I replaced the rubber on the brake and clutch but not the gas. It is worn down to the metal and gives the drilled look but isnt super grippy the other pedals. Hope this helps.

lammie200
05-26-2015, 12:28 PM
I am using the Mopar gas pedal cover. It snaps into place and orients the pedal to be vertical instead of tilted to the right. I found the OEM position awkward. Hope that helps.

Nicounderground
05-27-2015, 08:20 AM
Red dwarf ...
Hi , I had stainless on my challenger RT stock but they worked great ! My Abarth 2015 I'm wanting to get the stainless too ? I see them on hot fiat .. Now I know why they sell them lol .. I thought they were stainless ... In the dark on the Abarth .. They say for the Abarth they're easy to install with simple tools .. And I'm a girl and I can probably do it so I'm sure anyone can SpinningSmileySpinningSmiley