PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Abarth heated seats, after market.

scsikid
10-29-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm looking at buying a 2013 Abarth that my dealer has. Unfortunately it does not have heated seats. The after market types that can be installed have a switch next to the e-brake. I'm not very fond of this look, and would love to have the ability to install the heated seats at a later date in the event that I really want them.

I assume all the wiring, and in dash components are in place, except for the buttons on the dash. Along with the obvious components such as the heat pad in the seat and possibly fuses/relays in the engine bay compartment.

Does anyone know, or have a wiring diagram for the 2013 Abarth? I doubt the fuse box in the engine bay is different among options selected, and also doubt the wiring from the dash would not be there.

Comments?

Pinecone
11-02-2012, 04:35 PM
You would have to go into the car and see if the wiring is there, not just look at the wiring diagram.

The wiring for the auto dim mirror is not in any cars except Lounges.

As for using the stock buttons, that may or may not work, depending on whether the stock buttons are actually switches for the seat heater power, or they are CAN bus switches to tell the computer system what is requested.

As for the after market kits, you can put the switches any where you like. That is the nice thing about aftermarket.

AbarthP
11-02-2012, 05:34 PM
You would have to go into the car and see if the wiring is there, not just look at the wiring diagram.

The wiring for the auto dim mirror is not in any cars except Lounges.

As for using the stock buttons, that may or may not work, depending on whether the stock buttons are actually switches for the seat heater power, or they are CAN bus switches to tell the computer system what is requested.

As for the after market kits, you can put the switches any where you like. That is the nice thing about aftermarket.

Where are your pics, lol? Didn't you put them in?

Pinecone
11-03-2012, 10:08 PM
I had my studio put them in using an installer they use.

I will take some pics, when I am home and someone reminds me. :)

AbarthP
11-26-2012, 01:37 PM
pics?

Pinecone
11-26-2012, 05:01 PM
I will try to get this week, thanks for the reminder.

White Abarth
11-26-2012, 11:23 PM
I'm pretty sure the dash panel switch is CAN bus. An auto 500 I drove once had the warm seats and the switches seemed to be soft-touch. You'd probably have to purchase a whole new switch panel as opposed to just popping in two switches. And like some of the folks attempting to pair Fiat-branded TomToms with non-factory nav cars are learning, there may be specific programming in the car that came equipped with them.

Another switch placement option I've seen for the aftermarket heaters is on the side of the seat - on the exterior plastic piece. As Pinecone mentioned, you can put the aftermarket switches just about anywhere there's space (and a couple inches clearance behind.) There are photos of a couple different switch locations I found and considered in the document I created for my post here: http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?7345-Heated-seats-are-GREAT&p=581074#post581074

I finally opted to put them on either side of the brake. There's not much going on in that part of the car so the switches are barely noticeable. They haven't gotten in the way or accidentally turned on/off when using the handbrake and I can easily reach down and tell if the seats are on or off by feel as opposed to moving my eyes to a specific part of the dash to see if an LED is lit.

minibrings
03-16-2013, 02:23 AM
How much did you pay for after market seat heaters?

Freedomland
03-16-2013, 04:51 PM
I'm pretty sure the dash panel switch is CAN bus. An auto 500 I drove once had the warm seats and the switches seemed to be soft-touch. You'd probably have to purchase a whole new switch panel as opposed to just popping in two switches. And like some of the folks attempting to pair Fiat-branded TomToms with non-factory nav cars are learning, there may be specific programming in the car that came equipped with them.

Another switch placement option I've seen for the aftermarket heaters is on the side of the seat - on the exterior plastic piece. As Pinecone mentioned, you can put the aftermarket switches just about anywhere there's space (and a couple inches clearance behind.) There are photos of a couple different switch locations I found and considered in the document I created for my post here: http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?7345-Heated-seats-are-GREAT&p=581074#post581074

I finally opted to put them on either side of the brake. There's not much going on in that part of the car so the switches are barely noticeable. They haven't gotten in the way or accidentally turned on/off when using the handbrake and I can easily reach down and tell if the seats are on or off by feel as opposed to moving my eyes to a specific part of the dash to see if an LED is lit.

in regards to this.. i dont have an Abarth but I wanted heated seats in my Pop. my studio has a custom installer do it on either side of the shift
console around the verticle part. kinda at 23degrees off the verticle. Their custom installer charges (I think) $600-700 for the total install. For a short time there was a mopar listing for an add on heated seat for the fiat and that was time and price TPD

now there is a foglamp upgrade for the Pop.. and that kit usually comes with a switch (same grouping they put the seats into). So why not order a spare part and see if the switch for the heated seat is either one or the other???

be aware.. the seats with the Fiat are on/off with an led.... most aftermarket seats and the mopar one are usually low/high/off