PDA

View Full Version : So I curbed my 17" Hyper Blacks.. Who has a good paint finish touch up color?

MAZ
10-27-2012, 01:18 PM
So the inevitable has happened to my perfect 17" hyper black wheels.
I curbed one.:sorrow::sorrow:

Anyone come up with a good paint/finish match to do a little touch up for the hyper black color??

I'm not looking to make it perfect, just looking for a suggestion to smooth it over a little with some color/finish
Any suggestions for Hyper-Black touch up?

Thanks!

James

Dwaynek
10-27-2012, 03:32 PM
there is a touch up paint called graphite metal for chrysler that is the paint on the rims. I put a small scratch on mine and this touch up paint matched perfect. I bought it in canada at canadian tire. Check your chrysler dealership or if you want i could mail you one from canada. Think the price is around 10 bucks!

EugeneS
10-27-2012, 04:40 PM
I'd suggest to take it to a good wheel repair shop. I scratched my white wheel few weeks ago... was so mad at myself, stupid habit of getting as close to the curb as possible. Anyways I went to a repair shop and they did an amazing job, I cannot even tell where the scratch was! :)

Edit: Even better idea, as Dwayneck suggested get the paint from chrysler and then get it to professional wheel shop. That way you'll have 100% color match

Fiat500USA
10-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Don't worry. Call a wheel repair place and they'll fix it right up. I curbed my wheel making a U-turn (LOL) and got the idea to get the wheel fixed from Wheeler Dealers. I contacted them and emailed pics of the wheel. They came to my job and for $120 and did an awesome job! One thing they told me was at the time (July) Chrysler didn't have a paint code available. That may have changed now, but the guy matched it perfectly.

FTY
10-27-2012, 05:55 PM
So the inevitable has happened to my perfect 17" hyper black wheels.
I curbed one.:sorrow::sorrow:

Anyone come up with a good paint/finish match to do a little touch up for the hyper black color??

I'm not looking to make it perfect, just looking for a suggestion to smooth it over a little with some color/finish
Any suggestions for Hyper-Black touch up?

Thanks!

James

That really sucks!!! I remember when I Did it to my Gold STi wheels....I had a bright yellow curb paint embedded into the front rim. Talk about bursting a blood vessel!!!

MAZ
10-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, I am going to see if I can find that graphite metal touch up paint first and see how it goes. It's mostly surface scratching, so I am going to give the touch up paint a go!!
Thanks DwayneK for that info!

Dwaynek
10-30-2012, 09:37 AM
Maz if you can' t find it no issue for me to drop one in the mail for you from Canada.

cmj912
12-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Has anyone had the Sport or Turbo style rim repaired? I think the pockets are painted gray but the exterior face is clearcoated.

MAZ
05-01-2013, 10:46 AM
UPDATE:
The graphite metal touch up paint is a perfect match!!

OhioMade
05-04-2013, 10:49 PM
UPDATE:
The graphite metal touch up paint is a perfect match!!

Duplicolor has a "graphite metallic"...is that the same as graphite metal??

Scorponix
05-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Did the studio offer you insurance on your wheels? Mine did and it's part of the roadside package, so if I ever get a flat they will replace my rim for free since it's insured.

shagghie
05-20-2013, 12:38 PM
This the one?
http://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-NGCC414-Graphite-Metallic-Exact-Match/dp/B000ALG8AA

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61ADg2wk85L._SL1500_.jpg

White Abarth
05-20-2013, 06:19 PM
This the one?

Yup!

nickle
09-20-2013, 07:37 PM
Guys - I just knicked my rim as well. Two small knicks. I got the touch-up as mentioned above. What was the entire process one takes for this? what grit of sandpaper is needed?
Thanks

Dat_Abarth
03-04-2014, 11:30 PM
I know this is an old thread, but the graphite metallic paint suggested here DID NOT match the color of my hyper black rims. There's no metallic in the color of the rims and it requires a darker color. Now, I'm just gonna paint the lip of all my rims red instead of trying to find a matching black.

Abarth619
03-04-2014, 11:49 PM
I know this is an old thread, but the graphite metallic paint suggested here DID NOT match the color of my hyper black rims. There's no metallic in the color of the rims and it requires a darker color. Now, I'm just gonna paint the lip of all my rims red instead of trying to find a matching black. I've read on multiple Chrysler forums that the color PDR Graphite Metallic paint changed depending on the year of the vehicle it was used for. I wanted to match all of the chrome trim pieces to my rims, but I don't want to spend the time and money on paint that possibly won't match. I plan on going to a paint shop when I get a free day to have them mix paint to color match the rims. Maybe you could do the same. I imagine doing the rims red wouldn't be your first choice.

Dat_Abarth
03-05-2014, 12:00 AM
I've read on multiple Chrysler forums that the color PDR Graphite Metallic paint changed depending on the year of the vehicle it was used for. I wanted to match all of the chrome trim pieces to my rims, but I don't want to spend the time and money on paint that possibly won't match. I plan on going to a paint shop when I get a free day to have them mix paint to color match the rims. Maybe you could do the same. I imagine doing the rims red wouldn't be your first choice.

I would just be doing the lips red. Just to match the color combo of the car, white/red/black. I have considered a paint shop mixing a paint to match, also. But it seems like you're right about the color changing. It was pretty far off.

Rocco Russo
03-11-2014, 12:25 AM
Any options for touch-up paint for the 17" white wheels? Sadly, I curbed 2 of mine as well as I have the same stupid habit of trying to get too close to the curb when parking. The damage is purely cosmetic and very minimal, however, because the wheels are such a bright white the small amounts of curb rash stick out like a sore thumb. I will definitely have them professionally repaired sooner or later, but for know I want to just make the look presentable.

Should I be looking for a 'Chrysler' bright white, rather than a Fiat-specific color?

Haring
03-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Aren't the wheels painted the same white as the Bianca body color? I feel like i've heard that somewhere. If so then I'd try that but of course I don't know the color code off the top of my head for it.