PDA

View Full Version : AC Died?

zero
10-22-2012, 08:52 PM
So on my trip back from Dallas I noticed that I was hot heading back home... yesterday I was driving around I my air never got cold. I figured it was bugs in the grill so I got the car washed and it started to cool a little till I got out of the shade. I'm going to try to go to a dealer this weekend and get it looked at. Since I got the car home after buying it there was a noise that sounded like plastic hitting a fan but I never found out what it was and it only happens after it sits overnight. I just checked it and it does not make the noise anymore. I guess it may be a belt, I did have a dealership look at it and he figured it was the air box being loose.

lenswerks
10-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Did you check the coolant?
If it is low enought and car is running hot, as a safety function your A/C will be disabled.

Also could be a blown fuse.

Donnie

zero
10-22-2012, 09:10 PM
*face palm*
How could I not look into that.... BRB...

zero
10-22-2012, 09:37 PM
All is good in the fuse box... Coolent is good. Fyi the fuse box is amazing in that its all under the hood not funkey laying on the floor board. Too bad I'm mssing my fuse puller. :sorrow: Anything else that I missed?

Red Dwarf
10-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Hope you get that working! AC is critical in Texas and NM! I test drove a 500 in the summer and the AC seemed fine. But my new Fiat 500 Sport does not seem to be getting the car cold. The weather has been warm in Dallas but not over 90. I have the temp set on 65 and it does not run on full speed.

zero
10-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Lately AC is not as big of a deal but my son sits behind me so I can't have my window down because it hits him right in the face. Sigh I know how it is over there the humidity is killer. Whoo!

jguerdat
10-23-2012, 06:52 AM
Hope you get that working! AC is critical in Texas and NM! I test drove a 500 in the summer and the AC seemed fine. But my new Fiat 500 Sport does not seem to be getting the car cold. The weather has been warm in Dallas but not over 90. I have the temp set on 65 and it does not run on full speed.

Heh! My son, living in NC and NOLA, has noted that southerners use warped logic for heating and cooling. His friends like to run the A/C cold and heat hot. Never mind that the same temperature for both would keep you at the same temperature year-round... ;)

FiatCares
10-23-2012, 10:49 AM
So on my trip back from Dallas I noticed that I was hot heading back home... yesterday I was driving around I my air never got cold. I figured it was bugs in the grill so I got the car washed and it started to cool a little till I got out of the shade. I'm going to try to go to a dealer this weekend and get it looked at. Since I got the car home after buying it there was a noise that sounded like plastic hitting a fan but I never found out what it was and it only happens after it sits overnight. I just checked it and it does not make the noise anymore. I guess it may be a belt, I did have a dealership look at it and he figured it was the air box being loose.

Sounds like a good plan.. let me know if you need any assistance. Could just be low on freon. If they end up having to replace the evaporator or condenser and you are in need of a rental/loaner.. PM me.

zero
10-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Sounds like a good plan.. let me know if you need any assistance. Could just be low on freon. If they end up having to replace the evaporator or condenser and you are in need of a rental/loaner.. PM me.

Thank you so much, I will most likely be getting it fixed at the dealership in Lubbock, Tx for convenice, though there service department is super nice and had no problem with all my questions last time I was in. FYI sir you are helping me love FIAT more every day. Once the 500L comes out sign my wife up for one, we will be one big happy FIAT family!

FiatCares
10-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Thank you so much, I will most likely be getting it fixed at the dealership in Lubbock, Tx for convenice, though there service department is super nice and had no problem with all my questions last time I was in. FYI sir you are helping me love FIAT more every day. Once the 500L comes out sign my wife up for one, we will be one big happy FIAT family!

Zero: You are welcome! And thats great to hear about you being a multi-fiater in the near future.. The T model is great looking..