PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 5

PapaSandro
10-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Anyone having any issues with linking the Abarth to an iphone 5. I plug it in to USB and it doesnt recognize that there is a media player and it will not pair to the phone. Any suggestions?

DCAbarth
10-16-2012, 11:46 PM
My iPhone 5 works fine, in fact the voice nav by Siri also is heard through the stereo as long as USB is the selected input. I don't have any ideas on why yours wouldn't be working

jguerdat
10-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Possible firmware differences in phone and/or car?

shabba
10-17-2012, 12:51 PM
No issues with mine once I figured out the pairing. Works fine, but I have yet to use it as my music player.

FiatCares
10-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Anyone having any issues with linking the Abarth to an iphone 5. I plug it in to USB and it doesnt recognize that there is a media player and it will not pair to the phone. Any suggestions?

HOPE THIS HELPS:

My phone is not pairing why?

Your phone may not be supported a supported device. Check the phone compatibility matrix on the http://www.fiatusa.com/ website. The compatibility matrix can be found on either the 500 or 500c pages by clicking on the Blue&MeTM logo.

My phone is synced and not receiving SMS messages?

SMS (text) messages my not be a supported feature with the Blue&MeTM system. Check the read a text message column on the phone compatibility matrix on the http://www.fiatusa.com/ website. The compatibility matrix can be found on either the 500 or 500c pages by clicking on the Blue&MeTM logo.

How to pair a phone to Blue & Me:

Press the Main/Pickup button on the steering wheel to enter the menu structure.

Use the Up and Down buttons to navigate to the Settings entry.

Press the Preset/OK button to enter the Settings menu.

Use the Up and Down buttons to navigate to the Pairing entry.

Press the OK button to start the Pairing procedure.

Enter the phone's Bluetooth menu and start looking for the Blue&MeTM module.

When Blue&MeTM is displayed on the phone's menu select it and enter the pairing pin number that is displayed on the Instrument Cluster.

Cendora
10-17-2012, 10:45 PM
My phone synced with Blue & Me over bluetooth no problems. I have a bluetooth usb adapter for audio streaming and that's working fine. Perhaps stick with bluetooth over a cable?

Abarth67
10-18-2012, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the suggestion Jonathan but the bluetooth part is not an issue. The bluetooth syncs fine and works it is the USB part that doesn't work any more. I would think that since it is hard wired in that it would work but so far, nothing I try works. My iPhone 4 with the same IOS 6 worked just fine so it must be due to the new phone or new style cable. The questions it, how do I fix it?
thanks

shabba
10-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the suggestion Jonathan but the bluetooth part is not an issue. The bluetooth syncs fine and works it is the USB part that doesn't work any more. I would think that since it is hard wired in that it would work but so far, nothing I try works. My iPhone 4 with the same IOS 6 worked just fine so it must be due to the new phone or new style cable. The questions it, how do I fix it?
thanks

Do you mean some functions don't work or the phone in general? I used mine this morning and the only issue I'm having is playlists and getting the damn music to shuffle.

Abarth67
10-18-2012, 03:41 PM
The part I am having problems with is connecting so I can play Pandora. I want my Pandora back!

jguerdat
10-18-2012, 03:49 PM
I just use the headphone jack to the AUX input on my Android phone or Pandora, etc. Works fine and doesn't require any silly Apple-specific connectors... ;)

Abarth67
10-18-2012, 03:51 PM
I guess I was spoiled by the amazing level of connectivity I had with my iPhone 4 using the USB jack. It allowed me to control my iPhone through the steering and radio controls, very nice feature I have a hard time giving up.

sportbiker
11-03-2012, 04:59 AM
Hope I'm not being Captain Obvious here, but the iPhone 5 has the new Lightning connector. Are you connecting the phone to the Fiat via a Lightning-to-USB adapter?