PDA

View Full Version : "Lamin-x" Products

500ways
10-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Does anyone have any insight into Lamin-x products? Quality? Durability? Effectiveness?

In addition, if the product is removed from a fog light application years later, is there any lasting damage to the light surfaces? Does the UV protection on the fog lights get compromised at any point ?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Leotxn
06-04-2013, 08:38 PM
I have applied them to my Abarth and had issues with the rear taillights. It is really difficult to get them to look seamless and clean, as the shape and curves of the rear taillights make stretching the film and getting it to set properly. I also had issues with the lamin-x product shrinking weeks after making folds because of the curves of the taillights. In concept it would look great and I think protect the lens but I removed the film as it just didn't look professional. I had no issues with Lamin-x on my previous vehicle but that vehicle's lens were not curves as the Fiats are. I will eventually swap out the lights for the 500T sets or the custom grigo painted ones I saw from NGENfiat.

Seafarer61
06-04-2013, 09:35 PM
The first time I had it installed on my headlights on a car several years ago, it caused the temperatures to rise inside the lens, causing spider cracks on the inside of the lens. Had to replace them both at considerable expense. Never again.