PDA

View Full Version : Gauge Bezel Swap

bryanintowson
10-15-2012, 03:08 PM
I've been looking at (because I have to) the black plastic bezel that surrounds the gauge cluster and I don't really like it. It seems to be of lower quality plastic that the rest of the already admittedly cheap plastics in the interiors of our cars. It also doesn't take too well to interior plastic dressing as it changes color a little bit when you condition it.

I saw where someone had wrapped theirs in 3M and that looked really nice, but also seemed a bit difficult to get the thing off and then back on, also you lose the lettering thats beneath the buttons.

What think ye, oh FIAT Forum of swapping out the black plastic bezel for a white one in a grey interior car Lounge? Or failing that, do you think my local studio would sell me a bezel that I would refinish and then have them install it?

Rapps
02-12-2013, 06:46 PM
I just purchased a Sport but was very fond of the Ivory interior option/bezels in the Pop, so much so it was a bit of a struggle as to which to buy. Do people switch these out?

I have looked at salvage sites, there are quite a few Fiat 500 mostly salt water damage on the east coast or accidents in California. Problem is the whole car is for sale. If it were possible to change out the bezel around the information center and radio then I'd want the steering column and wheel too. Best would be to buy the whole interior from an Ivory Pop to swap, but that sounds like a huge project. $$$$

msjulie33
02-12-2013, 10:07 PM
I couldn't guess what it would cost to remove but seems you can get almost anything piece meal... (item #2 what you were asking about?)

http://moparonlineparts.com/repair-parts/fiat/500/2012/instrument-panel/cluster-switches/blank-cover/

You might want to then swap other things as well?

Fiat500USA
02-16-2013, 02:41 PM
Dealer parts for the 500 generally aren't too expensive compared to VW/Audi prices.

Fiat500USA
02-18-2013, 12:28 AM
I've been looking at (because I have to) the black plastic bezel that surrounds the gauge cluster and I don't really like it. It seems to be of lower quality plastic that the rest of the already admittedly cheap plastics in the interiors of our cars. It also doesn't take too well to interior plastic dressing as it changes color a little bit when you condition it.

I saw where someone had wrapped theirs in 3M and that looked really nice, but also seemed a bit difficult to get the thing off and then back on, also you lose the lettering thats beneath the buttons.

What think ye, oh FIAT Forum of swapping out the black plastic bezel for a white one in a grey interior car Lounge? Or failing that, do you think my local studio would sell me a bezel that I would refinish and then have them install it?

It's not really hard to take off. A little patience and it comes off.

Rapps
02-18-2013, 08:39 PM
Dealer parts for the 500 generally aren't too expensive compared to VW/Audi prices.

Yes! The cost to buy anything for this car is so cheap after supporting the other two divas we own lol. I also found this pic which would make a very nice interior on a Rame
Still pondering choices :)