PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my 500 yesterday!

mikeqube
10-06-2012, 10:00 AM
I picked up a 2012 500 Sport, used with 7k on it. Black with black interior. Leather trimmed seats, bose, siruis, sunroof. It came with the CravenSpeed stubby antenna and I'm not sure, but the spoiler might not be the stock one. They were asking 16k, I ended up getting it for 14.5, from what I can find that seems like a decent price.

I did my first minor mod this morning, I made the fogs yellow.

This afternoon, I'm going to try and figure out how to get the directional bulbs out from the front so I can get rid of the egg yolk look. I use high heat silver spray paint to coat the bulbs lightly and it works perfect and they become invisible.

Another thing I'm thinking of doing is blacking out the chrome with plasti-dip. Has anyone here used it on their door handles? I'm wondering about the durability of it.

Fiat500USA
10-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Welcome to the forum and congratulations! There are a few threads on plasti-dip here (http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/search.php?searchid=230320) Check it out. biggrin

500ways
10-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Welcome - looks good! How did you do the foglights?

mikeqube
10-07-2012, 01:36 AM
I used some yellow lamin-x film that I had left over form when I did my motorcycle headlight.

ahh-bert
10-07-2012, 01:51 AM
Congrats on your new car. You're going to have loads of fun with it, I'm sure!

500ways
10-07-2012, 12:09 PM
I used some yellow lamin-x film that I had left over form when I did my motorcycle headlight.

Thanks - how did you remove the foglights?

mikeqube
10-07-2012, 01:28 PM
I didnt. I measured them and cut the film to about 1/4 inch bigger than the lens. I pressed it on the middle part and then used a blow dryer and used a small piece of flay plastic to get it under the edges.

Danncas
10-07-2012, 02:40 PM
I didnt. I measured them and cut the film to about 1/4 inch bigger than the lens. I pressed it on the middle part and then used a blow dryer and used a small piece of flay plastic to get it under the edges.

I'mnotsure about the yellow fogs/ since yhe fiat doesn't come with HID headlight I use my white fog lamps alot. I plan on getting HID from Madness soon. I just spent 1200 to modify my Infiniti . Not even sure yellow fog are legal in Pa

SeaDawg
10-07-2012, 08:32 PM
I'mnotsure about the yellow fogs/ since yhe fiat doesn't come with HID headlight I use my white fog lamps alot. I plan on getting HID from Madness soon. I just spent 1200 to modify my Infiniti . Not even sure yellow fog are legal in Pa

I would suspect yellow fogs would be legal anywhere.

mikeqube
10-07-2012, 08:37 PM
I would suspect yellow fogs would be legal anywhere.

I've never heard of them being illegal. I've had yellow lights on my bike for years without an issue, and I've ridden cross country and back through many, many states.

Danncas
10-12-2012, 07:20 AM
who knows I know that alot of these cheap HID light on cars are illegal for sure but the cops never stop anyone for them. Most of the police around here wait at one stop sign to see if someone runs it or some out of towner makes a left where its not allow.