PDA

View Full Version : Separating side skirts Thread.

deathshead
09-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Hi Everyone. I have seen many posts about this issue so far.

Side skirts that are pulling away from the body.

I took delivery on my 2013 Abarth less than a week ago and Im already noticing the
right side skirt, on the rear corner in front of the back tire is pulling up a bit.

In Mine it does not really seem to be a adhesive issue but more like an issue with the side skirt itself being out of shape.
Perhaps from the pieces being stacked and getting bent in the process.

I think it would take a hell of an adhesive get the corner of mine to stick down.
Its almost as if it would need to be taken off completely and heated slowly and the corner bent into shape.

Has anyone contacted Fiatcare on this?

I think we need to make our voices heard as this seems to be a really common issue. Perhaps a permenant fix will be made and future cars will be more closely inspected.
Thanks.

pastor passum
09-30-2012, 03:24 PM
My 2012 came with defective left side skirt. Two "fixes" later and the right side pulling away also the service manager decided to replace them both. So far so good, fingers crossed. She stated that the new side skirts are slightly different in construction than the ones they removed. Hopefully that'll be the end to one problem.

deathshead
09-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Im hoping we can get enough of us guys together with this issue and make sure Fiat usa is aware and actively willing to fix the issue for good.
the last thing we all need for those of us who live where it gets cold is to lose a skirt on the road (God forbid) then its all on US to fix.

FTY
09-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Mine peeling up on the driverside, somone here said it was possibly from the straps from the truck or the train that put pressure on it cuase it to unseat from the adhesive, once you get an water or debris in there its over for the tape.

toddr124
10-02-2012, 08:57 AM
I had both mine replaced when the dealer put my car on the lift and damaged both side skirts. Any pressure on these side skirts will lift them off and damage them. Maybe I need to get a set of http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?deptid=5681&parentid=0&stocknumber=35-70000 to keep with my car to use on lifts.

shabba
10-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Driver's side rear skirt here. It was like that the day I took delivery. I've been waiting to get it done when the car goes in for something else so consolidate my services.

Dwaynek
10-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Mine is going into the studio tomorrow as both sides are coming off in the front. Already had the back passenger side repaired when I received car last May.

Radi0chik
10-03-2012, 12:31 PM
my driver side is just starting to come off the back. I figure this will be a warranty issue, and am in no huge hurry to get them fixed/replaced. When I go in for oil change or something I'll call them first about it - see how long it takes to get replacements. Maybe by then they'll have good adhesive or something :)

Wopstar
12-04-2012, 05:08 PM
same my left front is coming apart