PDA

View Full Version : Dealer keeps applying his name my car

FiatPhil
09-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Everytime I take my car in for service under the maintenance plan, the dealer puts on a license plate surround with his name on it.

I went to great pains to remove his name sticker from the car, and his license plate surround when I bought it.

It annoys me that every time I take it in for maintenance issues, he puts a new license plate surround on it. I have asked them not to do this; they do it anyway.

I have now thrown away three of these license plate surrounds.

Anybody else have a pushy dealer like this?

CSCS
09-27-2012, 06:39 PM
I bought a new Jeep way back in the day and the dealer gave me free oil changes for 3 years. Every time I brought it in same thing. They would put on on the front and the back. I finally would ask which tech was working on my car that day and ask him directly not to put it on the car.

Mike S
09-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Can you get a frame from his most local competitor, install it and tell him to leave it alone?

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
09-27-2012, 07:33 PM
I'll tell you how to fix that, tell the studio' GM that they are welcome to rent that spot for an ad for$500 per year. I bet you will not get another.

Mike S
09-27-2012, 07:39 PM
+1 or 2

ahh-bert
09-28-2012, 02:04 AM
The window tint guy took off my Fiat surround and put his on. I didn't even notice. I wasn't so upset that they changed it as I was that they didn't even give me the old one back. Dude - I paid a LOT for that!!! Nervy, no?

scorpion_king
09-28-2012, 02:38 AM
Technicaly that's conciderd theft. Back in 2002 when I got my Honda, I took it in for service. When I went to pick it up the dealership put their frames on. I asked for the service manager n told him that some working for the dealership had stole my license plate frames n replaced it with the dealership ones. I said that I am calling the police n filling a report. They found my original frames and put them back on and got 3 free oil changes free of charge. When u take ur car in for any kinda of service u sign a work invoice stating the work that needs to be done n what parts are going to be replaced. If the ur license plate frames is not on the invoice that mean they stole the n replaces them with something else without u knowing hens theft

Pinecone
09-28-2012, 05:59 AM
I'll tell you how to fix that, tell the studio' GM that they are welcome to rent that spot for an ad for$500 per year. I bet you will not get another.

Don't tell them, send them a bill.

FiatPhil
09-28-2012, 09:26 AM
I think I'm going to take a screwdriver with me when I pick the car up, and remove their dealer license plate frame in front of them and throw it inside my car so they know I'm not displaying it, and they can't get it back from me.

cmj912
09-28-2012, 09:54 AM
The window tint guy took off my Fiat surround and put his on. I didn't even notice. I wasn't so upset that they changed it as I was that they didn't even give me the old one back. Dude - I paid a LOT for that!!! Nervy, no?

Did you call them out on it? That's outright stealing.

cmj912
09-28-2012, 09:58 AM
I think I'm going to take a screwdriver with me when I pick the car up, and remove their dealer license plate frame in front of them and throw it inside my car so they know I'm not displaying it, and they can't get it back from me.

There is a check-box on my dealer's 'service intake checklist' that says 'has plate frame?' so I know that historically this is something they either try to do or did at one time.

However, my dealer had put on TWO frames (front and rear) as well as stick-on raised plastic letters on the trunk lid, all of which I removed. They haven't tried to reapply.

I am not sure where you are, but in my neck of the woods the police can stop and give you an order to get new plates if yours start to look too chewed-up. I would remind that dealer that you'd be more than happy to accept a check from them to order new plates from the constantly screwing and unscrewing them.

VTEC Mini
09-28-2012, 12:10 PM

I like this idea except I think I would trow them on to the service managers desk on top of paper work and all and tell him the next rear end these will see is his. :naughty:

pxpaulx
09-28-2012, 04:58 PM
I was going to say I'd just drop them on the floor, but this is much much better, hahaha.

I like this idea except I think I would trow them on to the service managers desk on top of paper work and all and tell him the next rear end these will see is his. :naughty:

Evelyn Salt
09-28-2012, 06:38 PM
i wouldnt worry about, no looks or sees it any way. Mine's been on for two years -Arrigo - Every body looks at the car, not the tag surround.

NGEN
09-30-2012, 05:37 PM
That's crazy! I would definitely d mad if they did that to me!

jasonL
10-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Solution: Refuse to pay them until they remove the plate frames.

Berliner
10-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Well, have you tried driving the 500 in for Service without the Trunklid or Hatch? Just a thought. All joking aside my Dealer knows you slap it on you pay for the Detail Job. Sorry i am just abit anal with my Cars.