PDA

View Full Version : So Cal Event September 15th! Come join us!

500MADNESS.com
09-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Hey gang!

We wanted to extend an invitation to all our local FIAT 500 owners!!!

Here is the plan...

We at 500 MADNESS and some Corporate FIAT Folks are getting together and organizing a fun morning event on Saturday, September 15th. We would love for all you 500 owners in the area to come out and join us for what promises to be a very fun Saturday Morning.

As many of you know there is a weekly event called Cars and Coffee that takes place in Irvine California every Saturday Morning. Car owners and fans from all over gather early morning and show off their custom, exotic and classic cars. This event has received worldwide coverage and is on a "Must Attend" list for every car fan that ever travels to Southern California.

Well this Saturday Cars and Coffee is Closed! Instead there is a special event in its place called the 5th Annual Cars and Coffee Field Trip and Car Show.

This event is a Must Attend for all you car fans out there! Here are the details:

We will be meeting up at our location (500 MADNESS/ MADNESS Autoworks) at 2716 Dawson Ave, Signal Hill, CA 90755 bright and early at 5:15 AM! Yes, 5:15 AM!

At 5:30 AM we will leave our location and travel to Irvine to the Corporate FIAT Office (right next to the regular meeting spot for Cars and Coffee).

Once there we will meet up with several Corporate FIAT staff that are true car fans (and are doing this on their day off). They will join us in their FIAT 500 cars and once we are all together we will then go on a drive to the event.

The drive will include a 6.5 mile road that was used in the Mazda Zoom Zoom Commercial. The road will include a 2,400 elevation climb which will lead to a private road!

The Private Road will then lead to a Private Community that has agreed to host this event. The roads are paved, smooth and feature breathtaking views of the mountains and the ocean.

We ask that you drive safely while on this road.

The private community is Rancho Carrillo and it will be open to us for the event.

The event will feature a car show, coffee. Great Breakfast Burritos for sale.

It is being held in conjunction with their annual "Hooligan" event which is a fundraiser for the Fire Department and will take place all day.

There is a car show which drew over 250 cars last time it was held. A $10 donation to the Fire Department is required to be in the show. The first 200 cars park on the pavement.

The car show starts at 6:30 AM (so we cannot be late leaving our location). Judging is at 7:45 and trophies are at 8:15 AM.

There are prize bags from Mothers, Sparco, Car and Driver, Road and Track and others. The folks at FIAT were also nice enough to bring us (500 drivers) some goodies as well.

The event will also feature (Free):

Horse Events
Family Games
Kids Games
Silent and Live Auctions
Chicken Bingo
Petting Zoo
Bounce Ball
and at 3PM the World Famous Jumping Frog Contest!

You can join us for the ride down, the car show or the entire day!

We will be posting this information on our Facebook Page, Twitter and other forums to let everyone know. We hope you can join us for this!

If you can please reply to this thread so we can get an idea of how many will be joining us. Please also note that we will also be posting this info elsewhere and take RSVPs from all sources. This forum will only show a percentage of those that plan to attend, so do not base attendance and interest on the replies on this thread.

Thank you again and we hope to have you join us! Many more events coming up!!!

Remember! We will be meeting at 5:15 AM at:

MADNESS Autoworks
2716 Dawson Ave
Signal Hill, CA 90755

We will leave by 5:30 AM! Don't be late!!!

MADNESSMIKE
09-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Bump for the morning crowd!

MADNESSMIKE
09-12-2012, 03:27 PM
If you guys are on Facebook check out the event here
https://www.facebook.com/events/221873251273039/

MADNESSMIKE
09-14-2012, 12:46 PM
The event is tomorrow I hope we see you all there!

MADNESSMIKE
09-14-2012, 01:57 PM
For those of you who want to meet us in Irvine we will be meeting at 770 Irvine Center Drive #400 Irvine CA 92618. We will leave at 6:00am. We should be at the location by 5:50am.

cerebrix
09-16-2012, 03:54 AM
heres a panorama pic i took of all of us parked at the event

http://imgur.com/JsoGr

MADNESSMIKE
09-17-2012, 12:43 PM
heres a panorama pic i took of all of us parked at the event

http://imgur.com/JsoGr

Great picture would you mind if I threw this picture up on our Facebook for everyone to see?

MADNESSMIKE
09-17-2012, 12:46 PM
Thank you for everyone that showed up to the event we had a great turn out. I personally didnt not have a chance to attend but I know Boris went and had a great time meeting all of you guys. Thanks again for coming out I hope we can do something like this again in the near future!