PDA

View Full Version : Hood Latch Not Working

Abarth Five O
09-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Opened hood to check out engine, closed hood, and tried to open hood again with latch but hood will not open as there is no tension on the cable. The lever just flips up freely. Feels like the cable came off somewhere. Taking it to the dealer on Friday. Hope they can fix it. Any one have this problem?:disturbed:

tcarretti
09-05-2012, 11:27 PM
When I installed my TMC box I had inadvertently gotten the cable wedged inbetween the battery tray and the body causing it to bind. At first I had no idea what I had done and was panicking when the hood wouldn't latch shut. I thought I had leaned on the latch mechanism too hard while installing and it took me about a half hour to figure out the cable was not in the same place as it had originally started.

Don't know if this is any help, but I'd check the cable routing and make sure that it isn't kinked up somewhere or even that it has come loose.

Tony

Abarth Five O
09-06-2012, 12:13 AM
When I installed my TMC box I had inadvertently gotten the cable wedged inbetween the battery tray and the body causing it to bind. At first I had no idea what I had done and was panicking when the hood wouldn't latch shut. I thought I had leaned on the latch mechanism too hard while installing and it took me about a half hour to figure out the cable was not in the same place as it had originally started.

Don't know if this is any help, but I'd check the cable routing and make sure that it isn't kinked up somewhere or even that it has come loose.

Tony

Thanks for the feedback Tony. I too installed the MM box and could have the same problem. I didn't think the hood cable was anywhere near the other cables/wires. I don't recall binding any wires or cables during re-installation of the battery tray. My problem is the hood won't open so I can't troubleshoot the problem. I guess the dealer will have to figure this one out.

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
09-10-2012, 10:47 AM
I had this happen as well, pull the battery box and pay careful attention to the mount closest to the firewall, the cable will slip under and cause it to not close properly.