PDA

View Full Version : Pt cruiser type interior?

Tubacube
09-02-2012, 12:30 AM
Hi everyone,
After looking at the YouTube videos of the 500L, it appears to have borrowed the seat/cargo format of the PT Cruiser! The Chrysler/Fiat partnership seems to be paying off! For those not familiar with this layout,
From the back hatch is a movable shelf that can create two or three levels to either create a level surface with the folded rear seats or create below shelf storage(as well as storage above.) the 60/40 split rear seats slide independently of each other, fold flat, and will tumble forward (again independent of each other!)
The front passenger seat folds flat, level with folded rear seats to accommodate long items like a seven foot ladder. Please bear in mind this is strictly preliminary from what I can observe -- your mileage may vary.
But if this is true the seats will have the versatility of a Suisse Army knife!

cmj912
09-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Hi everyone,
After looking at the YouTube videos of the 500L, it appears to have borrowed the seat/cargo format of the PT Cruiser! The Chrysler/Fiat partnership seems to be paying off! For those not familiar with this layout,
From the back hatch is a movable shelf that can create two or three levels to either create a level surface with the folded rear seats or create below shelf storage(as well as storage above.) the 60/40 split rear seats slide independently of each other, fold flat, and will tumble forward (again independent of each other!)
The front passenger seat folds flat, level with folded rear seats to accommodate long items like a seven foot ladder. Please bear in mind this is strictly preliminary from what I can observe -- your mileage may vary.
But if this is true the seats will have the versatility of a Suisse Army knife!

I noticed yesterday that the back of the front seats have tray tables on them, too, which is kind of neat.

Wonder what our 500L will look like. They say the styling is going to be modified for the US.

luckymoi
09-02-2012, 07:24 PM
I just went to look at the 500L videos on YouTube... its ugly but the functionality looks amazing.