PDA

View Full Version : Noob from AZ

BigHoss
08-29-2012, 02:39 AM
Hey there community

I am not actually an owner of a fiat yet but will be soon. I have a Ram R/T I have on ebay as we speak. Ill be getting an Abarth in black and red. Its a big move from me going from my tricked out truck to a dinky little track car. The reason for the change is to cut down on monthly bills and to save gas. I will be traveling a lot with my new job and an Abarth just seems right for commuting. My truck gets 15-17 average mpg with a 20 minute commute. But the commute will go from 20 mins to an hour and also traveling into different states.

Im on the fence if I should get the 2012 a local dealer has or wait and get a 2013 Abarth. I have no clue when they will be available but If I sell the truck soon Ill have to commute with my harley in a long sleve shirt pants and tie in 115 degree heat. Not fun and it looks funny. Any thoughts?

Don't let my name fool you, I got this name a while ago and I'm not "fat anymore" I use this on all my forum accounts and some friends still call me BH to...

I have watched almost every youtube and read a lot of articles on the abarth. So I'm pretty knowledgeable on the subject. I also worked for Dodge, Chrysler, Fiat for a while too. I still have my hook up so I can get an Abarth at invoice - rebates. :)

Please comment and leave feedback on if I should go for the '12 or wait and stick it out till the '13.

Fiat500USA
08-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Welcome to the forum! Tough choice, but I would wait till the 2013 start rolling in. Couple of months or maybe less. You'll get the updates and have the newest version. Plus, get your special deal. Of course, maybe that dealer with the 2012 can make it worth your while?

Dwaynek
08-29-2012, 10:52 AM
You have some great dealers in the phoenix area as I toured them all Shem I was there in may. I would check what is on the lots and see what deal you can come up with. I am in la this week visited 2 dealers and between them they have 5 on their lots. Changes forv2013 are minor biggest being different stereo and heated seats.

BigHoss
08-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Well from what Ive read the '13 will have blacked out lights and the sound system will be beats audio. No other major changes to the US models. The SS and venom will be aftermarket upgrades that can be done later. Theres only one abarth in which model I want in the state that ive found. Its in route for delivery at a local dealer now. Its a '12 with black paint and red accents on the 17'' wheels. Everything else here is similar but on 16'' wheels. Ive asked if they could just swap wheels and they wont do that.

BigHoss
09-01-2012, 03:46 AM
So I went to the dealer. They are trying to stick me with a higher payment and interest than where I am on my truck which is 13000 more? Doesn't make sence. I'll try a different dealer in the am.

BigHoss
09-03-2012, 03:57 AM
Well good and bad news. I didn't get an abarth just yet but I did get a sport. In a few months I'll go back and get a '13 abarth. :)