PDA

View Full Version : Removal of Rear Hatch Cover Side Mounts

Abarth Five O
08-26-2012, 02:22 PM
Anyone know how to remove the plastic side mounts for the rear hatch cover? I don't use the cover and the mounts get in the way when loading and unloading cargo. There's one screw which I removed, but the plastic mount piece is still firmly attached to the rear pillar plastic cover and I don't want to break it.:confusion:

Pinecone
08-26-2012, 02:58 PM
It has a welded (melted) stud to attach it to the trim piece. The problem is, it looks like if you cut the melted portion and remove the block, there is nothing to hold the bottom of the trim piece and will be a big hole.

To remove them, it looks like someone will have to develop either a replacement trim piece or a piece to replace the block, connecting the trim piece down to the screw and cover the hole.

Abarth Five O
08-26-2012, 05:14 PM
It has a welded (melted) stud to attach it to the trim piece. The problem is, it looks like if you cut the melted portion and remove the block, there is nothing to hold the bottom of the trim piece and will be a big hole.

To remove them, it looks like someone will have to develop either a replacement trim piece or a piece to replace the block, connecting the trim piece down to the screw and cover the hole.

Thanks, I think you're right. It's solidly attached to the trim piece with absolutely no give. I guess I'll have to live with it and bump it occasionally while loading until someone develops a replacement part. :(