PDA

View Full Version : Abarth Steering Wheel ONLY

SeaDawg
08-24-2012, 02:15 PM
For those of us who are commoners with Pop/Sport/Lounge Models...the Abarth Steering wheel, W/O switches and center airbag is $569.00 Plus Tax. If this sounds expensive, price a Black wheel for N.A. 500's if you can find one.

500normal
08-25-2012, 12:08 AM
i am looking to get one of these, but i dont want to lose functionality of the buttons... where can we get one?? link?

SeaDawg
08-25-2012, 01:29 AM
i am looking to get one of these, but i dont want to lose functionality of the buttons... where can we get one?? link?

The buttons and center section transfer directly from your 500 unless you just want the silver surround of the Abarth switches/buttons. In which case you'll have to shell out more $$ to purchase the Abarth switches/buttons separately. You shouldn't lose any functionality.

They are available through your friendly FIAT Parts Department (have to be ordered) at your LS. When I ordered mine there was ONE available in Detroit. My order is already IN!:tears_of_joy:

SeaDawg
08-29-2012, 12:44 PM
The Abarth steering wheel has ARRIVED. And...SURPRISE, it INCLUDES the silver surround switches so the only thing that has to be changed over is the center airbag with the FIAT Logo in the center. Won't be installed till the end of next week due to the holiday and the Service department is finally getting solid business.

msjulie33
08-29-2012, 04:15 PM
The Abarth steering wheel has ARRIVED. And...SURPRISE, it INCLUDES the silver surround switches so the only thing that has to be changed over is the center airbag with the FIAT Logo in the center. Won't be installed till the end of next week due to the holiday and the Service department is finally getting solid business.

That sounds cool... pics will be forthcoming of course :)

SeaDawg
08-29-2012, 09:12 PM

Not till the weekend after Labor Day. I promise!

ahh-bert
08-30-2012, 01:53 AM
I don't know about the 500 steering wheel, but I love the shape of the Abarth one. First of all there's the red stitching. SO PRETTY. And then there's that it's super comfy in your hands. There's lot of good grip spots, not just one. Also I don't know if you will have this, but there's all these neat-o buttons for the stereo, phone and cruise control. I hope you love it as much as I love mine!

SeaDawg
08-30-2012, 08:50 AM
I don't know about the 500 steering wheel, but I love the shape of the Abarth one. First of all there's the red stitching. SO PRETTY. And then there's that it's super comfy in your hands. There's lot of good grip spots, not just one. Also I don't know if you will have this, but there's all these neat-o buttons for the stereo, phone and cruise control. I hope you love it as much as I love mine!

It's an ABARTH wheel that I ordered to replace the standard one in my Sport. I agree, the shape is cool. I'm not sure the thickness of the rim is different from the standard wheel or not, but I think I'll enjoy it.

The only thing I didn't recall seeing was the RED stitching on the wheel I ordered. But, it was still in the box encased in it's plastic bag. I was so excited to find out it had the silver surround switches, on the top of the wheel, already installed that I spaced it out.

And I left it at the dealer since they are installing it.

SeaDawg
09-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Of COURSE!:onthego: Nice FAT rim. Reminds me of the wheel on the MB 230C I leased years ago.

Fiat500USA
09-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Of COURSE!:onthego:

Nice update, looks great!

I have noticed some Abarth wheels for sale on eBay, but folks need to be careful that they are buying a US spec wheel. The European wheels have different button functions.

Berliner
09-06-2012, 02:28 PM
Wow that looks so awesome..... Must have must have.... Ebay Germany got several Abath Steering wheels i just don,t know if they would fit in the US 500...... Would somebody know?

jw500gucci
09-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Looks awesome!!

2wheels4me
09-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Of COURSE!:onthego: Nice FAT rim. Reminds me of the wheel on the MB 230C I leased years ago.

I also have the black with red stiching shift boot (and ebrake boot too) that it would match nicely. However my current wheel is brown and black, as is the interior. I'd have to think about giving that purposeful matching up... Yours looks perfect.

5CENT0SF
01-19-2013, 03:52 AM
I also have the black with red stiching shift boot (and ebrake boot too) that it would match nicely. However my current wheel is brown and black, as is the interior. I'd have to think about giving that purposeful matching up... Yours looks perfect.

How did you swap your ebrake boot?

SeaDawg
01-19-2013, 04:02 AM
How did you swap your ebrake boot?

The standard Sport doesn't have an emergency brake boot, just a raised plastic part of the center console. The one from 'Black' just slides over and down the handle, sort of like cover. Works fine since you don't use the emergency brake that often.

adore
02-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Still got your sport steering wheel? Is it for sale by any chances...my parents are in orlando right now and could go get it for me..

SeaDawg
02-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Still got your sport steering wheel? Is it for sale by any chances...my parents are in orlando right now and could go get it for me..

I'll follow the lead of the person in Texas...$75 if they pick it up. It is the standard black color Sport wheel. No center air bag included, just the wheel which does include all the switches for the blue & me and entertainment system.