Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Stiff suspension...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahh-bert
    • Jun 2012

Stiff suspension...

I've been showing houses with people following me in the 500, since the big car is in the shop. The other day I went to turn up a really steep driveway and as the front driver side tire climbed up the hill, the passenger side front tire lifted up about 6 inches off the pavement for about 18 inches of driving. The guy waiting for me at the top of the driveway was ALL impressed (more with the car than the house!) and kept commenting on my stiff suspension. I didn't know what to say. I was totally worried that if I didn't take it at an angle that I was going to scrape the front end, so I approached it diagonally. I still don't know if I hurt the car doing that and if a stiff suspension is something to be proud of. Did I blow it?

Anyway, my client and I had plenty to talk about even though he didn't love the house.
    Abarth - Finally! It's Arrived, Tony!

2012 Abarth delivered 06/23/12 "Bertie"
    2001 Mercedes ML "Millie"
    2005 Vespa ET4 "Bella"
  • davidjon_99
    Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member
    • Mar 2012

I don't think you have anything to worry about and I don't think you blew it. A similar thing happens to me when I pull into my driveway. I have to take it at an angle or risk scraping the front. I never realized it until my son watched me come home one day and asked me if I knew that the right rear wheel comes off the ground. I never noticed it until he told me. Now I can tell when it happens.
    Satisfied Abarth owner/driver since 05/17/2012.
    sigpic

Comment

• Ferrero1911
      • Mar 2012

I "tripod" on almost every driveway. I get weird looks from pedestrians, but I think it's cool. My boyfriend and his friends were impressed when they saw it too. Approaching a driveway at an angle to avoid scraping is the right way to do it!
      It's here! My Nero Abarth, Nero Leather, Red stripes and mirror caps, Red OZ 17" Alleggerita wheels, H&R springs, 35% tint.

Comment

• Pinecone
        • Jun 2012

Even more impressive is the stiff chassis. Many cars would have flexed to put the 4th wheel on the ground.
        Former - 1971 Fiat 850 Spider
        IT'S HERE - 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth
        Currently in Garage - 2002 E46 M3, 2000 M Roadster, 1995 E36 M3 Lightweight, 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Spec Racer Ford

Comment