PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the help

Stephen McCormick
08-18-2012, 04:07 PM
I have changed my oil for the first time, went to full synthetic. I then realized that I must now reset "have engine changed" indicator. I registered on your forum, used the gas pedal trick and bing bam boom, reset service indicator. Thanks very much for the helpful tip. As a DIY er, it was very helpful. Is there an easier way to remove the oil filter, other than an 8" extension and wobble socket, going in from the top?

Fiat500USA
08-18-2012, 11:27 PM
Welcome to the forum! I assume you removed the intake plenum, but other than that, there is not much else. You'll get used to it. I use an oil extractor and at least I don't have to crawl under the car.

cmj912
08-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Welcome to the forum! I assume you removed the intake plenum, but other than that, there is not much else. You'll get used to it. I use an oil extractor and at least I don't have to crawl under the car.

This is going to sound extremely dumb because I haven't read the forums about how to do it this way, but if you use an oil extractor is there still easy access to remove and replace the filter? For the life of me I can't figure out where the oil filter *IS*.

Fiat500USA
08-19-2012, 12:58 PM
This is going to sound extremely dumb because I haven't read the forums about how to do it this way, but if you use an oil extractor is there still easy access to remove and replace the filter? For the life of me I can't figure out where the oil filter *IS*.

No problem. It is at the front side of the engine. You can see it under the air filter towards the timing belt. It is black plastic and
has a nut on top of the housing.