08-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Just got this so I'm sure others will too

-----Original Message-----
From: Chrysler Corporation [mailto:chryslerdodgejeepshopperfdbk@maritz.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 4:30 PM
To: m*****@******.net
Subject: FIAT requests your feedback

Dear MICHAEL ...:

Thank you for your online inquiry of a FIAT 500 a few weeks or months ago.

It is important that we understand how a vehicle shopper arrives at their purchase decision. To help us do so, we invite you to complete our brief survey regarding your shopping experience. Your feedback is a valuable tool to help improve the experiences of our customers as well as guide future product development efforts. Your participation in the survey process is completely voluntary.

Please complete the survey at http://shopping.cdjcustomersat.com

If you are prompted for a password, please enter the following: pjbxeum5rh

Thanks again,

Bladecutter
08-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Ummn,

You do realize that this is a real company that gets cust feedback information?

You should research a bit more before claiming a phishing scam.

BC.

Sushi Hands
08-16-2012, 10:15 PM
The guy I bought vodka from asked for my ID. Should I be worried?

Mike S
08-17-2012, 07:47 AM
Ummn,

You do realize that this is a real company that gets cust feedback information?

You should research a bit more before claiming a phishing scam.

BC.

The message clearly states "From Chrysler" but it's not from Chrysler. I don't trust them! It does not send me to a secure site and again I don't trust them. The email didn't come from the place it claimed to be from. That's not a warning?

I felt a heads up was the right thing to do because it looked like phishing.

Sterling_Aug
08-17-2012, 07:59 AM
Since the email includes the password you are expected to reply with, then it is not phishing.

Abarth67
08-17-2012, 08:24 AM
Regardless, thanks for the warning. It is better safe than sorry. Mike is watching out for his fellow Abarthisti, I appreciate that.

Mike S
08-17-2012, 09:56 AM
Since the email includes the password you are expected to reply with, then it is not phishing.

Really? Here, use this password and you will be safe.

If I ever do it again I will mention the the title or the first line that that in my opinion, I think this might not be what it appears to be. Sorry I bothered.

fredfrey
08-17-2012, 10:02 AM
I did the survey and it seemed OK to me. I gave my (both) 500s a great review and requested under suggestions passager armrest and bigger tachometer (for the abarth)

cmj912
08-17-2012, 11:44 AM
I did the survey and it seemed OK to me. I gave my (both) 500s a great review and requested under suggestions passager armrest and bigger tachometer (for the abarth)

I get them all the time, too. The specifically were delivered to an email address I set up when I got my car so I know that's how their firm got ahold of it.
Either way, I always end my suggestions with "and make my Studio build their own service department and stop making me go to the Chrysler dealer!"

Bladecutter
08-17-2012, 05:43 PM
The message clearly states "From Chrysler" but it's not from Chrysler. I don't trust them! It does not send me to a secure site and again I don't trust them. The email didn't come from the place it claimed to be from. That's not a warning?

I felt a heads up was the right thing to do because it looked like phishing.

You are correct that it's not direct from Chrysler.
It's from a company called Maritz Research, which Chrysler contracts with in order to get this type of data after a customer visits their dealership, studio, or website.

I'm sorry if you felt I was too harsh on you, which I didn't think I was at all, and I do apologize to you for any misunderstand you might have taken from any "tone" that you perceived in my reply.

Not everything on the internet needs to be a secure connection.
Nothing they were going to ask you in the survey should contain PII (personally identifiable information).

BC.

Mike S
08-17-2012, 06:18 PM
No problem BC. This is only a discussion and we can't see each others face when we comment. My only issue was the email appeared to be from Chrysler but was not. Other surveys for Fiat explained who they were before asking me to answer some questions these folks just claimed to be Chrysler but they were not. I don't think that was professional and would not take a chance responding,

I always respond to surveys like this when I care about the product (care about not like). I will be responding because I now believe it is not a scam thanks to you and the two posters above your post. Thank you.

Fiat500USA
08-18-2012, 02:31 AM
I received this and the JD Powers one. The Chrysler one I give direct feedback. The JD Powers one I don't because slamming the car only wrecks resale value and gives jerks ammunition to say I told you so!

paook
08-18-2012, 04:14 AM
I never received this email survey, but I did receive a phone call survey from Chrysler checking in on why I bought a Fiat.

Prima 109
08-18-2012, 08:19 AM
Mike is right. If that survey had come from Chrysler HQ, first, it would have the Fiat logo in the upper left corner of the screen. And the web page windows should be grey in color with a blue border. I've owned Chrysler products for eight years now and have done several surveys for them. Also, it mentions "Thanks for your inquiry a few weeks or months ago" That would have thrown a red flag in my eyes right away.

cmj912
08-18-2012, 08:33 AM
I received this and the JD Powers one. The Chrysler one I give direct feedback. The JD Powers one I don't because slamming the car only wrecks resale value and gives jerks ammunition to say I told you so!

I gave a very thoughtful, positive review of the car at cars.com at about 3,000 miles after I'd read a few stupid negative one and two liners. Not to pat myself on the back but I've checked the site and people continue to mark my review as "helpful" as opposed to the one below it which had stated the 500 he rented for one day only would shift to the next gear at 5,000RPM - and as it turns out it was because he had the car in manual shift mode.

Sometimes people don't realize how profoundly the things they write can affect people. Just look at Facebook.

It can be very difficult on the web to separate information from 'noise'. I feel like if I can at least try to write something simple, honest and easy to understand that is the best I can do for how I've felt about my FIAT.

500normal
08-20-2012, 07:30 AM
yea i got that too, and clicked it, because im on a mac im not too worried, but i closed the window soon after

hotelie1970
08-20-2012, 08:59 PM
This just hit my inbox from Strategic Vision invitation@mailer.strategicvision.com. Anyone get this one, and if so is it on the level?