PDA

View Full Version : Magneti Marelli Power Pedal (Installed and First thoughts)

08-16-2012, 01:12 PM
So, Fedex dropped the familiar white MM box off today and here we go....been excited for this!

Im a basic DIYer, I can do brake changes, standard maintenance and suspension swaps - after that I need help. So I saw how basic this was and did it myself. Disappointed Madness didnt come through with the How To but let me tell you, my 4 year old couldve done this install, 3 minutes and 2 of them were spent trying to tie the large box and ridiculously long loom up behind the dash out of the way. Can you unplug and plug stuff in??? Yes?? Then you can do this!

Off out onto the road and fast forward 30minutes and my hands are still shaking! I have the MM Boost box already and was happy that it didnt do much until 3500rpm but thought it nice if it came in earlier.... so here is the solution!

Ill make this short and to the point.... At 2200rpm F*** ME!!! This thing just lights up. Its crazy! If you have the MM imagine that but happening almost immediately. I cannot believe this doesnt make the car more powerful and faster, I truely cant! Once you hit 2200rpm it explodes. I dont have the remote (seriosuly dont see a point) and I could drive this sedately all day - or I go disappear spinning off down the road at choice. With ESC partially off it lifts right up off the road - think I need a suspension switch next to keep the little sucker on the blacktop!

Ask anything you like and ill try to answer but in VERY short, YES its bloody expensive but its a hoot!!!

davidjon_99
08-16-2012, 01:16 PM
I cannot believe this doesnt make the car more powerful and faster, I truely cant! Once you hit 2200rpm it explodes.

I know what you mean! I feel the same about the Sprint Booster.

Thanks for the review!

Abarth67
08-16-2012, 01:46 PM
I had the sprint booster and traded it in on the Marelli version. I hope I have a package waiting for me as well when I get home. I was very pleased with the sprint booster and can only imagine how the Marelli version is. Looking forward to this for sure.

MADNESSMIKE
08-16-2012, 01:48 PM
Awesome I am glad you like the Power Pedal. We are still working on the DIY but for anyone that needs help with the install please give us a call 562 981-6800 . Have you had a chance to play with the different settings yet? I have found with both boxes turned to 2 and the sport button on the car is like a rocket ship out of the gate.

08-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Neither remotes for me so its only max settings for me. Looking forward to hearing difference to Sprint model. Oh just in case I left drivers door open as with other install and no engine lights here!

MADNESSMIKE
08-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Awesome there is a big different in the Power Pedal the the sprint booster. The spint booster is an amplifier quickening the speed the pedal sends the signal to the ecu but the Power Pedal is more interactive talking with the ECU. Not only does it amplify the signal being sent to the ECU but it monitors the signal coming from the throttle to improve performance.. Dont get me wrong we love the sprint booster and it is terrific but the Power Pedal is just outstanding.

Abarth Five O
08-16-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm glad I bought the MMPP to go with my MM box and Madness COs to keep it firmly planted. Can't wait to experience the quick throttle response and additional HP.:eagerness:

EliRider
08-16-2012, 09:19 PM
I was one of the early ones to sign up for the reserve list. So I hope that I get one soon!

hotelie1970
08-17-2012, 07:06 PM
FedEx delivered my MM Power Pedal late this afternoon. Since the installation instructions were only in Italian I made two calls to 500 Madness to verify the way to make the connections and make sure the unit was pre-set at the "Race" level. With this information in hand I crawled under the steering wheel with my Maglite in my mouth and made the connections, and wire wrap strapped the MM Module up out of the way. Now comes the good part!

I drove up my street in normal mode and it felt like it was in Sport. At the top of the street while waiting for the light to change to green, I put it into Sport mode; green light and a tire screeching take off onto the main road. The rush of power in Sport mode is incredible. It's hard to believe that it's the same engine in the car. The Power Pedal makes the car a monster, and I love it!

AbarthCDN
09-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Help needed please!

First time installed my PP after PCM recall on my Abarth and here are some problems I am encounting...

1.) while key-in with no ignition. Pressed gas pedal like 6-7 times, then the ETC light flashes.

2.) engine light on while driving the car. Stay on and not flashing.

3.) seems remote is not working cuz no matter I press 0,1 or 2, it's still perform the same and will not go back to stock mode.

Now I try ALL proceduces including disconnecting the battery is different sequence and still no luck in resolving this. Took out the PP, ETC flashes is gone but engine light is still on while driving. Car is ok and drive normally but need to go back to dealer to resolve the engine light.

Comments, insights, or suggestions? Mike, please help me out here.

09-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Help needed please!

First time installed my PP after PCM recall on my Abarth and here are some problems I am encounting...

1.) while key-in with no ignition. Pressed gas pedal like 6-7 times, then the ETC light flashes.

3.) seems remote is not working cuz no matter I press 0,1 or 2, it's still perform the same and will not go back to stock mode.

Now I try ALL proceduces including disconnecting the battery is different sequence and still no luck in resolving this. Took out the PP, ETC flashes is gone but engine light is still on while driving. Car is ok and drive normally but need to go back to dealer to resolve the engine light.

1.why are you doing this? Is it a reset thing? That resets the oil change light!
2.ahhhh my warnings about the recall-call dealer about this
3.call Madness, i dont have a remote for my PP.

Odd turn of events, what started it, when it first occured?

MADNESSMIKE
09-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Help needed please!

Just saw this give us a call 562 981-6800 so we can trouble shoot this over the phone with you. I am not going to be in the shop much longer today so, I wont be online to respond to questions till tomorrow. This is the first time we are hearing about any issues after the reflash. It might be a simple case of something not being plugged in right. Give us a call and we can go through it with you. It almost sounds like the unit is just plugged in backwards.

Mike

AbarthCDN
09-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Update:

Restart my car after 20mins drive without the PP and everything turns back to normal without the engine light. ECU must be re-learning the throttle curve by driver, i guess.

So i will try to re-intsall the PP tonight and see what happen next, the plug in should be very straight forward and no rocket science at all. Thx mike for the reply, will call you once problem still exsist.

AbarthCDN
09-13-2012, 03:42 PM
1.why are you doing this? Is it a reset thing? That resets the oil change light!
2.ahhhh my warnings about the recall-call dealer about this
3.call Madness, i dont have a remote for my PP.

Odd turn of events, what started it, when it first occured?

Well regardless, the ETC light never flashes before the PP and yes, this is my first initial time installing the PP. And since now everything is back to normal once the PP is out, it must be the PP that causes this.

And nope, i never get a chance to install my MM ECU yet.

Abarth Five O
09-13-2012, 07:40 PM
I received my MMPP but haven't installed it yet. Mike, it would be helpful if you can provide step by step installation instructions for the MMPP for forum members. Thanks!

09-13-2012, 07:57 PM
I received my MMPP but haven't installed it yet. Mike, it would be helpful if you can provide step by step installation instructions for the MMPP for forum members. Thanks!

You will need 5-10mins and some velcro or zip ties and a lit place or flashlight! Read right through before you start!!!

1. Open drivers door and leave open for 5 mins before continuing install
2. Push drivers seat as far back as possible
3. Reach to the very top of the gas pedal to feel for the plug (it looks like the one on the PP loom)
4. Unplug the gas pedal plug
5. Plug the OEM plug into the PP loom, it only goes in one way!
6 Plug the other end of the PP loom into the gas pedal socket.
7. Plug the PP loom end with the grey tab lock into the Magnetti logo box that came in the pack.
8. Now be creative!!! Look up under the dash for somewhere to mount the box, i used a zip tie but velcro would work. This is the tricky bit make sure no cables foul the cars pedals. (i think the units cables are way to long)

And that is that! Make sure all plugs are in snugly and youve tidied the cables up out the way - this is genuinely an easy 5-10min job, no tools, no experience, as simple as pluggin the tv in!

AbarthP
09-13-2012, 08:50 PM
Less than 5 min, 10 minutes if your phone rang and you had to answer to your gf complaints.

Abarth Five O
09-13-2012, 10:58 PM
You will need 5-10mins and some velcro or zip ties and a lit place or flashlight! Read right through before you start!!!

1. Open drivers door and leave open for 5 mins before continuing install
2. Push drivers seat as far back as possible
3. Reach to the very top of the gas pedal to feel for the plug (it looks like the one on the PP loom)
4. Unplug the gas pedal plug
5. Plug the OEM plug into the PP loom, it only goes in one way!
6 Plug the other end of the PP loom into the gas pedal socket.
7. Plug the PP loom end with the grey tab lock into the Magnetti logo box that came in the pack.
8. Now be creative!!! Look up under the dash for somewhere to mount the box, i used a zip tie but velcro would work. This is the tricky bit make sure no cables foul the cars pedals. (i think the units cables are way to long)

And that is that! Make sure all plugs are in snugly and youve tidied the cables up out the way - this is genuinely an easy 5-10min job, no tools, no experience, as simple as pluggin the tv in!

Thanks, Fidgell! I'll probably use zip ties in case I need to remove it before taking it to the dealer for servicing.

porsche racer
09-14-2012, 12:05 AM
has anyone replaced the sprint booster with MM pedal? if yes, please give impression. Thanks.

AbarthCDN
09-14-2012, 02:18 AM
Ok, so i re-install the PP tonight as instructed by fidgell and it's works! Car accelaration throttle react like crazy even with the lightest touch, amazing!.... but wait...

Driving it along HWY and once exceed 3800rpm in normal mode, fuel cut happened and the ETC(electronic throttle control) light flashes like crazy along with the check engine light on. It's like over-revving in a way that it is not shown on the odometer and went to limp mode !!!OMG!!! When to a gas station to restart my car, try again at 3800rpm and same thing happen.

Now, this is obviously a defective unit or it's not at the right setting. Anybody has this kind of exp. too?

09-14-2012, 07:32 AM
Take the PP off right away and see if all is well. If its not GO TO DEALER!!! If its ok, its the PP and call Madness. Ive had mine on now for over a month with no issues at all and Ive not heard of any issues with the Pedal itself. Be honest, did you leave the drivers door open for at least 5 mins before installing the unit??? Ive not heard of an issue with the PP but the Sprint Booster did cause a few engine lights after being installed when owners DIDNT leave the door open!

AbarthP
09-14-2012, 07:45 AM
Take the PP off right away and see if all is well. If its not GO TO DEALER!!! If its ok, its the PP and call Madness. Ive had mine on now for over a month with no issues at all and Ive not heard of any issues with the Pedal itself. Be honest, did you leave the drivers door open for at least 5 mins before installing the unit??? Ive not heard of an issue with the PP but the Sprint Booster did cause a few engine lights after being installed when owners DIDNT leave the door open!

You have to leave the door open? I have a friend who got one. I installed it for him, no issues on the highway and I didn't do the "door open" thing. I'm starting to wonder if the new update from the dealer has anything to do with it. Anyone else do the update?

09-14-2012, 07:55 AM
There was some debate about this. For the Sprint Booster you had to or it could cause the engine light. When the PP came out it was suggested to follow suit as the issue was with the car not the product. There is less available info on the PP so installers just followed Sprint Booster guidelines! As for the update, i have my own issues with that, but on the whole its been well received. If its that in this case id say its an install issue not the update itself as this is an isolated case. Again take the PP out first to see if it fixes the problem. It IS very possible the 5 min door thing however.

MADNESSMIKE
09-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Ok, so i re-install the PP tonight as instructed by fidgell and it's works! Car accelaration throttle react like crazy even with the lightest touch, amazing!.... but wait...

Driving it along HWY and once exceed 3800rpm in normal mode, fuel cut happened and the ETC(electronic throttle control) light flashes like crazy along with the check engine light on. It's like over-revving in a way that it is not shown on the odometer and went to limp mode !!!OMG!!! When to a gas station to restart my car, try again at 3800rpm and same thing happen.

Now, this is obviously a defective unit or it's not at the right setting. Anybody has this kind of exp. too?

Try what Fidgell is suggesting take the unit off and drive the car for a few miles and see if the problem persists. I know you stated earlier the remote wasnt working is it back to working?

AbarthCDN
09-14-2012, 02:24 PM
PP taken out and everything went back to normal and will install my ECU this weekend and see if the remote is working with that. I mean a remote is just a remote and yes, my red light flashes when pressed so it has battery.

But regardless of the remote, the PP shouldn't react this way either in 0,1, or 2. The problem feels like redlining the car at 3800rpm, fuel cut, and the ETC flashes with engine light on. So it has to be the PP AND/OR the recent PCM recall like fidgell said and if it is the recall, then we have a whole new issue we are dealing here with MM.

MADNESSMIKE
09-14-2012, 02:39 PM
PP taken out and everything went back to normal and will install my ECU this weekend and see if the remote is working with that. I mean a remote is just a remote and yes, my red light flashes when pressed so it has battery.

But regardless of the remote, the PP shouldn't react this way either in 0,1, or 2. The problem feels like redlining the car at 3800rpm, fuel cut, and the ETC flashes with engine light on. So it has to be the PP AND/OR the recent PCM recall like fidgell said and if it is the recall, then we have a whole new issue we are dealing here with MM.

Earlier you were saying the remote wasnt working which is why I asked. give us a call 562 981-6800 let our techs trouble shoot this over the phone with you.

EliRider
09-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Received the MM Power Pedal today. I got an engine check and ETC indicators on.
I have the latest PCM update.
Registers error code: P2122, Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "D" Circuit Low.

Immediately called Madness, but they were leaving for the day. They suggested that the connection that plugs into the car throttle harness might be in backwards. I did double check that the square corners aligned with the harness plug. :-(

Unplugging the PP, everything back to normal. Now I will reinstall the Sprint Booster and double check everything.
Sounds like something different with the new PCM update.

Anybody else successful with new PCM update? I also have the MM ECU module with remote. I did not want to remove that unit and just check the PP.

09-22-2012, 07:29 PM
Received the MM Power Pedal today. I got an engine check and ETC indicators on.
I have the latest PCM update.
Registers error code: P2122, Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "D" Circuit Low.

Immediately called Madness, but they were leaving for the day. They suggested that the connection that plugs into the car throttle harness might be in backwards. I did double check that the square corners aligned with the harness plug. :-(

Unplugging the PP, everything back to normal. Now I will reinstall the Sprint Booster and double check everything.
Sounds like something different with the new PCM update.

Anybody else successful with new PCM update? I also have the MM ECU module with remote. I did not want to remove that unit and just check the PP.

This happens if you dont leave the door open on drivers side for least five mins before install of any throttle controller

EliRider
09-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Yes, I did leave the door open well over 5 mins... never had an issue with the Sprint Booster as I've installed/removed a handful number of times. just reinstalled the Sprint Boost and everything is ok.

Are you running the latest PCM update?

The 3rd test, I disconnected the battery for 15 minutes - which clears the engine check light... and installed with no battery. And still same issue.

This happens if you dont leave the door open on drivers side for least five mins before install of any throttle controller

09-22-2012, 07:47 PM
Yes, I did leave the door open well over 5 mins... never had an issue with the Sprint Booster as I've installed/removed a handful number of times. just reinstalled the Sprint Boost and everything is ok.

Are you running the latest PCM update?

Haha, noooooo im still refusing the update. If it aint broke dont fix it! No problems with my MM installs, someone else here had your problem, think its on the Madness thread!

EliRider
09-22-2012, 07:50 PM
I do like the Sprint Booster... It does work with the PCM update and the MM ECU module nicely.
I'm sure MM & Madness will figure this out.

Haha, noooooo im still refusing the update. If it aint broke dont fix it! No problems with my MM installs, someone else here had your problem, think its on the Madness thread!

Abarth Five O
09-22-2012, 08:55 PM
I do like the Sprint Booster... It does work with the PCM update and the MM ECU module nicely.
I'm sure MM & Madness will figure this out.

I didn't read this tread before I responded to your other post on "PCM". Interesting problem...Did you have your remote set a "0" before reinstalling the PP?

EliRider
09-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Yes, set to 0.
Now running fine with the Sprint Booster.

Attempting to confirm if anybody else has the new PCM update with MM ECU+PP combo.

I'm scanning other forums and unable to confirm.

I didn't read this tread before I responded to your other post on "PCM". Interesting problem...Did you have your remote set a "0" before reinstalling the PP?

MADNESSMIKE
09-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Yes, set to 0.
Now running fine with the Sprint Booster.

Attempting to confirm if anybody else has the new PCM update with MM ECU+PP combo.

I'm scanning other forums and unable to confirm.

We just did a fresh install of a Power Pedal on a customer's ABARTH who just received the PCM reflash and it worked perfect.

Willow1285
09-26-2012, 04:43 PM
I installed both the ECU Module and the Power Pedal after the PCM reflash and i have 0 issues

EliRider
09-26-2012, 10:32 PM
That's great news!
Got your PM.... will send back the unit for testing.

I'm hoping that either it's;

1) faulty cable or
2) faulty module or
3) remote sync programming issue

Another theory I have... my MM ECU module/remote is programmed at 60% and 80%. Wondering if there are special PP programming considerations either with the remote matching and/or with the different ECU program settings.

I'm glad this seems to be working on other updated cars!
Thank you Mike for the update.

We just did a fresh install of a Power Pedal on a customer's ABARTH who just received the PCM reflash and it worked perfect.

EliRider
10-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Just received a call from Madness and they found the issue with my Power Pedal. It turned out that the firmware needed an update. They were able to reproduce the problem and resolve the issue.

So I hope to receive it when I arrive in Dallas in time for the Abarth Driving Experience!

I appreciate the great customer service from Madness.
I'm stoked.

That's great news!
Got your PM.... will send back the unit for testing.

I'm hoping that either it's;

1) faulty cable or
2) faulty module or
3) remote sync programming issue

Another theory I have... my MM ECU module/remote is programmed at 60% and 80%. Wondering if there are special PP programming considerations either with the remote matching and/or with the different ECU program settings.

I'm glad this seems to be working on other updated cars!
Thank you Mike for the update.

Abarth Five O
10-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Just received a call from Madness and they found the issue with my Power Pedal. It turned out that the firmware needed an update. They were able to reproduce the problem and resolve the issue.

So I hope to receive it when I arrive in Dallas in time for the Abarth Driving Experience!

I'm stoked.

Glad they found the problem.

EliRider
10-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Thank you Madness for your fantastic support! I arrived in Dallas yesterday and my updated Power Pedal was waiting for me. Awesome.

I immediately removed the Sprint Booster (which I like a lot).. And installed the PP in the hotel front lobby entrance :-) several people was curious what I was doing.

Started the car up and no problems... Just driving a few short test drives around the Dallas area and I can already feel the better integrated power between the MM ECM & PP. I do have the remote option which makes it convienent switching modes and turning it off before checking the car in with the valet.

I do miss the multi color led light on the Sprint Booster wired remote but I love the fact that the wireless remote is integrated between the MM ECM & PP. My only wish is to have some indicator or dashboard to inform the driver what mode the units are in.

First impression, is wow. Very good integration of the modules. But you are taking it on faith that both modules are functioning in harmony. Overall, thumbs up. With the Eurocompulsion intake system - just fantastic combination that work extremely well with the new PCM "recall" update.

The Sprint Booster is easier to install but a little tricky to remove. Need to take a flat head screwdriver to slightly release the clasp from the throttle pedal socket.

The install of the Power Pedal was easy. The hardest part is plugging the flatter "D" shaped connector into the throttle harness. Then routing the cable since it is fairly thick with large connectors (which I did before plugging into the throttle / harness).

I located the PP module just under the left lower panel (just under the vent) which is easily removable. It's hidden and out of the way. Did not even have to tie wrap or Velcro in position.

More later when I take my Abarth through its paces. So far... Very positive update. Even though I like the Sprint Booster (a lot!) and like the smooth integration with the PP even better (so far).

I'm stoked.

Dwaynek
10-06-2012, 02:50 PM
So elirider if one was just to do the power pedal not the ecu module which is better the sprint booster or the pp? What differences other than the additional cash? Thanks for your impressions.

EliRider
10-06-2012, 05:22 PM
If you are looking to save a few bucks, the Sprint Booster is fantastic in improving throttle response. Madness claims no major HP or torque increase but it sure feels like it does.

I like the wired remote function and does work independently from the ECM unit. So this does compliment either the TMC or MM ECM units if you decide to go that route later. It is considerably more compact than the MM PP and easier to install. Actually the wired remote is better than the wireless one.

I highly recommend the Sprint Booster. But I do also like the MM PP. Despite the areas I noted above, I like the MM PP better since it functions seamlessly together. The MM PP does seem to adapt better and smoother power than the Sprint. Since it does not work independently with the wireless remote it is difficult to compare with the Sprint Booster. The MM PP box is larger - same size as the MM ECM, so it must have a bit more electronics inside. The Sprint is very small. So based on size you are paying more :-)

The Sprint Booster works with both the 500s and the Abarth models. I'll probably sell my Sprint Booster to my friend who drives a 500 Sport. My perception is that the MM product is designed for the Abarth where the Sprint was initially designed for the 500.

500 Madness has been very helpful. You could purchase the Sprint and try it out. If you decide to go MM all the way you could trade or find a 500 or another Abarth owner.

Hope this helps.

So elirider if one was just to do the power pedal not the ecu module which is better the sprint booster or the pp? What differences other than the additional cash? Thanks for your impressions.

Dwaynek
10-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the information. I would suspect that the mm pp also by itself does not provide more horsepower or torque. I am not interested in the mm ecu just want to try make up the pick up I lost thru the PCM flash. I like the concept of the sprint booster and like the ideavof going faster faster. If you are interested in selling yours let me know, thanks!

GoFiatGo!
10-06-2012, 06:07 PM
I would suspect that the mm pp also by itself does not provide more horsepower or torque.

It doesn't; What it does is boost the voltage signal just like the sprint booster. You know that feeling when you mash the pedal down and it takes a bit for anything t happen? That goes away.

500MADNESS.com
10-06-2012, 07:40 PM
We helped design the tuning of the Power Pedal to be effective on both the ABARTH and Non ABARTH 500 models. It will work great on all the 500 models.

Dwaynek
10-06-2012, 08:40 PM
so 500 madness what is the difference between sprint booster and mm pp other than the $100

EliRider
10-07-2012, 08:06 AM
If you can wait... Perhaps we could meet for coffee in Seattle and compare differences when we get back from the Abarth Driving Experience. If you do not want to wait, I'd just order one from Madness... They are great to work with.

We love the Victoria area and will have to plan a trip.

Actually we should consider forming an informal Pacific Northwest Abarth group to socialize, share notes, and physically see mods. That would be fun.

Thanks for the information. I would suspect that the mm pp also by itself does not provide more horsepower or torque. I am not interested in the mm ecu just want to try make up the pick up I lost thru the PCM flash. I like the concept of the sprint booster and like the ideavof going faster faster. If you are interested in selling yours let me know, thanks!

Dwaynek
10-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the info, think I will order the booster but from a Canadian site as 500madness is not the quickest in getting thing to Canada then there is the duty that gets tacked on. I do make it down to Portland usually for the all British field meet at the track in September. However 5 hours driving in my old Cooper with little muffler on it does get to you. My son and I want to head to Seattle and check out the electric go carts this fall. Anyways an Italian meet in Seattle would be great and would be interested in seeing your set up in the Abarth.

10-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the info, think I will order the booster but from a Canadian site as 500madness is not the quickest in getting thing to Canada then there is the duty that gets tacked on. I do make it down to Portland usually for the all British field meet at the track in September. However 5 hours driving in my old Cooper with little muffler on it does get to you. My son and I want to head to Seattle and check out the electric go carts this fall. Anyways an Italian meet in Seattle would be great and would be interested in seeing your set up in the Abarth.

Good luck finding a decent Canadian retailler for performance Fiat parts! Plus if you do, youll pay a hefty "Being Canadian" premium that will sadly bring the price right upto the same as with duty etc from the US! Find a friend here in Seattle then order to there are go pick it up, install in the car lot and drive back... I should do the same from Buffalo!

JuanTopo
10-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Im a new Abarth Owner and I am very interested in doing some upgrades to my car. Lowering springs have been ordered but now I'm itching in getting the MM Box and PP, but I would like to know how different the fuel consumption changed?

10-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Im a new Abarth Owner and I am very interested in doing some upgrades to my car. Lowering springs have been ordered but now I'm itching in getting the MM Box and PP, but I would like to know how different the fuel consumption changed?

Bizarre but mine stayed exactly the same!

Abarth Five O
10-07-2012, 05:50 PM

If you're going to mod your Abarth with performance upgrades such as the MM ECU and PP, don't worry about fuel consumption just enjoy the extra HP and kick you get out of driving a transformed machine. :Blue:

EliRider
10-08-2012, 06:01 AM
Actually, I'm not loosing hardly any fuel mileage due to having the MM ECM and Sprint Booster combo.

On the highway, mild driving with MM set to 60% and Sprint on "Green"... I'm getting ~1 MPG better. Averaging 30.5 MPG from Portland to Dallas.

Driving to work, MM set to 80% and Sprint set to "Red", slightly aggressive city driving, I get ~1 MPG less.

Very good trade off for better performance. I personally do not worry about it.

Now that I have the MM Power Pedal, I'm assuming that the mileage will be similar.

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
12-10-2012, 11:09 PM
Can you change the settings from 0 to 1 or 0 to 2 on the fly or out of gear? Any procedure ?

Abarth Five O
12-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Can you change the settings from 0 to 1 or 0 to 2 on the fly or out of gear? Any procedure ?

Before you change settings with your remote you should be at a dead stop while idling, otherwise you could cause some serious damage to your engine, etc.

SiestaG
12-11-2012, 08:38 AM
Before you change settings with your remote you should be at a dead stop while idling, otherwise you could cause some serious damage to your engine, etc.

How is dead stop while idling different than rolling while idling? I understand the the idling part (I seem to remember the Sport button doesn't kick in until the engine returns to idle. Since MM built that too, I kind of figured it was the same for their module) but not the dead stop part.