PDA

View Full Version : '12 500c POP - 5K miles and tank avg is now 35 mpg!

josemalone
08-15-2012, 11:33 PM
This is purely off the onboard trip computer. I haven't done this by gallons per fuel up or anything.

We just crossed 5K miles since purchasing the car last October. The past few tanks we've really seen the MPG climb from 30 to 35. I was pretty concerned for while because I rarely could get out of the high 20s. The car is mainly driven around town shuttling the kids to and fro. I have do take it 20 mile RT to The City now and then. But its not a commuter car.

I have taken it on a bunch of longer trips, RT 40-50 miles up the coast, but I'm not going lightly. Roads are too twisty and fun to try to get great highway MPG.

pxpaulx
08-16-2012, 08:56 AM
Automatic I'm guessing? Good to see it is starting to increase for you! I've been using fuelly.com to calculate my actual MPGs - just over 3500 miles the actual lifetime is now 37.2 (manual transmission). The onboard trip B which has not been reset since first fill shows 38.1, so it is reporting on the high side (as trip computers usually do).

msjulie33
08-16-2012, 09:27 AM
I love my 500c too, only getting about 36mpg but I guess it's ok seeing how every red light I seem to encounter on my way from home to office is red! Grrr...

:)

Sterling_Aug
08-18-2012, 09:01 AM
According to EcoDrive, my lifetime average now is 41.0 MPG for 3,845 miles with an Eco score of 71 average and a high of 74.

This is on an automatic Sport. I try to keep my top speed under 60 mph.

Warren O
09-04-2012, 10:50 AM
I bought my 500C Pop, manual tranny last month; I have about 2K on it now. Mostly driving on cruise control to work, which is 110 miles round trip. I have been getting around 42 MPG according got the trip computer, which seems pretty accurate compared to the pump.
I dropped in the Mopar CAI this weekend and did a 150 mile cruise and it went up to 44+ MPG.
I do not beat it hard (yet) or do much Sport driving, just when I hit some twisties. When she is broken in, I will do a little more hard work. I will also be switching to synth oil soon.