PDA

View Full Version : Windshield facia trim clip

jimv
08-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Many months ago I noticed that a piece of trim on the driver's side that covers the windshield wipers was missing. I went to the local dealer and purchased the trim piece (1SE88KX7AA). I went to put it on and found that there was a missing clip that this pluged into. The dealer has been trying to obtain the clip ever since. They have ordered everything in the parts book but nothing has come in that would work. The online MOPAR site for parts is nearly useless as far as this is concerned.

Any suggestions about where to find the clips?

JimV
Milford, OH

SeaDawg
08-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Many months ago I noticed that a piece of trim on the driver's side that covers the windshield wipers was missing. I went to the local dealer and purchased the trim piece (1SE88KX7AA). I went to put it on and found that there was a missing clip that this pluged into. The dealer has been trying to obtain the clip ever since. They have ordered everything in the parts book but nothing has come in that would work. The online MOPAR site for parts is nearly useless as far as this is concerned.

JimV
Milford, OH

Hmmmmmmm, if I wanted to keep your business and the car was still under warranty, I'd remove the piece from one of my demo's and fix YOUR car and then fix the studio car.

Wolfie
08-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Hmmmmmmm, if I wanted to keep your business and the car was still under warranty, I'd remove the piece from one of my demo's and fix YOUR car and then fix the studio car.

+1

luckymoi
08-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Many months ago I noticed that a piece of trim on the driver's side that covers the windshield wipers was missing. I went to the local dealer and purchased the trim piece (1SE88KX7AA). I went to put it on and found that there was a missing clip that this plugged into. The dealer has been trying to obtain the clip ever since. They have ordered everything in the parts book but nothing has come in that would work. The online MOPAR site for parts is nearly useless as far as this is concerned.

In the old forum (I think) there was someone tracking crashed Cinquecentos.
Find a 500 no longer on the road and buy the part from there?

Someone will remember the post and help you out I suspect.
Buona Fortuna.

jimv
08-11-2012, 04:50 PM
I'd like to think that the studio would get a clip from a car on the lot. Maybe eventualy. For now I find it disturbing that Fiat / Chrysler can't supply simple parts.

Searching for scrapped 500's and see if someone is salvaging parts might work out. Thanks for the suggestion.