PDA

View Full Version : Short Shifter Pictures

EugeneS
08-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Hello Folks,

May I ask those of you who got short shifters post some pictures? Particularly I am interested to see the boot and the knob. I really like the Cavern SS, but from what I've seen so far, most of the boots look a bit oversized. I know performance and looks sometimes do not go hand in hand, but looks are important to me...

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Eugene

P.S. Just realized I put this post in wrong category... sorry. I meant to post it in ABARTH Performance.

SeaDawg
08-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Hello Folks,

May I ask those of you who got short shifters post some pictures? Particularly I am interested to see the boot and the knob. I really like the Cavern SS, but from what I've seen so far, most of the boots look a bit oversized. I know performance and looks sometimes do not go hand in hand, but looks are important to me...

I have a TWM, which isn't yet installed. From what I see in other pictures is the shifter handle is shorter and the place the boot mounts on the handle is closer to the center console so it looks 'puffy' or oversized. Plus the handle doesn't move in as great an area due to the 'short' part of the shift pattern. I think you'll find that is true of the original equipment boot or the custom 'Black' model boots also.

EugeneS
08-03-2012, 01:38 AM
I have a tWM, which isn't yet installed. From what I see in other pictures is the shifter handle is shorter and the place the boot mounts on the handle is closer to the center console so it looks 'puffy' or oversized. Plus the handle doesn't move in as great an area due to the 'short' part of the shift pattern. I think you'll find that is true of the original equipment boot or the custom 'Black' model boots also.

SeaDwag, thanks for your response! Yes, this is exactly what I am concerned about. What boot are you planning to use?

SeaDawg
08-03-2012, 12:55 PM
SeaDwag, thanks for your response! Yes, this is exactly what I am concerned about. What boot are you planning to use?

I have a 'Black' black with red stitching boot that I intend to replace the stock one with during the SS install. I'm in a holding pattern at the moment. The Service Manager at my LS left for a better paying job and the new one says it will be $150 vs the $125 (one hour labor rate at Fields Fiat of Orlando) that I think it should take to install it. I haven't checked with the other Fiat dealer, Greenway, yet. I know their labor rate is lower ($104 P/Hr) but don't know what they'll want for the install.

I'm not indigent, but still, when you're on a fixed income, every dollar counts, when you're still making mortgage pmts, car and motorcycle pmts, lights and water, OH and some FOOD for the canine 'kids' and myself.;)