PDA

View Full Version : Water and the Door

Evelyn Salt
07-22-2012, 01:25 PM
After a good rain, opening the drivers door, water (quite a lot ) is seen draining onto the ground from the bottom front of the door. Not so bad on passengers door.
Is this normal, or a problem ?

luckymoi
07-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Never rains in California... sing it to the beach boys tune.
ok, seriously I've not seen this, even after the wand at the self car wash.
I open the drivers door to start towelling off the car so I think I would have seen it if its there.
Cabrio top has never leaked either (there was a tsb on it but I never saw the issue).
Buona Fortuna!

bryanintowson
07-22-2012, 10:25 PM
after a wash or a heavy rain - I find lots of water in the door jambs. Additionally, I find that after a rain or a wash my windows come up wet after putting them down. I'm going to have my studio check it when I take little Dante in for his first oil change. I will keep you apprised of what they tell me. If you get yours looked at first, let me know what they say.

Fiat500USA
07-23-2012, 10:43 AM
All this sounds normal. But if you are concerned, take a look under the door and you'll see drain holes. Take something and carefully poke them to see if they are clear. Use something plastic that wont break or scratch the paint.

Sometimes if you are parked at an angle water will drain from just one corner. It is also normal that a window gets wet when you lower it after washing, etc. It's a normal car thing.

luckymoi
07-23-2012, 11:46 AM
All this sounds normal. But if you are concerned, take a look under the door and you'll see drain holes. Take something and carefully poke them to see if they are clear. Use something plastic that wont break or scratch the paint.

Sometimes if you are parked at an angle water will drain from just one corner. It is also normal that a window gets wet when you lower it after washing, etc. It's a normal car thing.
I concur... even my 56 Pontiac gave wet windows when lowered and raised ( you remember cars with hand-cranked windows don't ya?).
Of course it is possible that the rubber window seal is not alligned correctly although rare.

Evelyn Salt
07-23-2012, 05:06 PM
after a wash or a heavy rain - I find lots of water in the door jambs. Additionally, I find that after a rain or a wash my windows come up wet after putting them down. I'm going to have my studio check it when I take little Dante in for his first oil change. I will keep you apprised of what they tell me. If you get yours looked at first, let me know what they say.
I don't know if my windows come up wet, because I never open them !!
I cycle windows next time it rains.