PDA

View Full Version : Short ram intake system by ROAD RACE (red) - CORSA

Sterling_Aug
07-22-2012, 12:35 AM
I installed my air intake today. I have more power now Cap'n

sobamaflyer
07-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Trying to decide myself between the Corsa and the Mopar. I'm leaning to the Corsa for a couple of reasons even if it's up in the heat of the engine. Interested to hear your impressions after a few days.

Do you have exhaust installed too?

luckymoi
07-22-2012, 03:02 PM
So the stock cover and filter go away.. is the engine noise a lot more?
And is that a K&N filter I see?

Sterling_Aug
07-22-2012, 10:25 PM
I have a stock exhaust with no plans to upgrade it.

Even with the fancy cover and the air flow box removed, there is only a slight increase in engine noise. It is a noticeable change, but in a good way.

Yes, the kit comes with a K&N high performance filter with looks nice and allows more air into the engine.

So far after 1 day, I feel a boost in power, By next weekend I should be able to see if there is any increase in gas mileage from the kit.

The can is a real blast to drive.

MADNESSMIKE
07-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Looks good. It really is a nice piece of eye candy in the engine bay in addition to the extra air flow.

Sterling_Aug
07-24-2012, 10:32 AM
I looks like my MPG went up from 42 up to 46MPG.

Berliner
07-27-2012, 02:01 AM
I installed the Ojen Chrom Air Intake love love love it..... It has a growl 2 it..... Honestly i never checked my Mpg. Ojen claims 5 Hp increase with there intake but i have to admit since i got rid of the Stock Plastic Stuff that Motor feels and sounds better. And yes i only use Premium in my 500C....

Install took 30 Min. and it was so easy. What i love about the Ojen the Air Filter sits in the left front Wheel Arch...

I posted Pics of my 500C including the Intake go check it out...

Sterling_Aug
08-09-2012, 09:10 PM
I installed a Road Race Timing Controller and Mount tonight.3174

abarthtime731
08-29-2012, 12:20 PM
apparently i live about 15 minutes from road race and just found out they are making abarth parts now too . going down today to get a prototype intake. hope its as good as the 500 one

lammie200
09-09-2012, 12:58 PM
I installed a Road Race Timing Controller and Mount tonight.3174

How are you liking the timing controller? Are you having issues with the check engine light?

Sterling_Aug
09-09-2012, 08:31 PM
I had several different issues with the Fiats computer throwing different check engine lights. I called the dealer and they said there is a TSB that requires a reflash.

They picked up my car at work, did the reflash, and returned the car in 3 hours.

I haven't seen a check engine light since (2 weeks ago now).

lammie200
09-10-2012, 12:40 PM
I had several different issues with the Fiats computer throwing different check engine lights. I called the dealer and they said there is a TSB that requires a reflash.

They picked up my car at work, did the reflash, and returned the car in 3 hours.

I haven't seen a check engine light since (2 weeks ago now).

So did they take it in with the timing controller and air intake on the car, or did you take them off before they did the reflash?

Sterling_Aug
09-12-2012, 06:40 PM
So did they take it in with the timing controller and air intake on the car, or did you take them off before they did the reflash?

They re-flashed the computer with both the intake and the timing controller still installed and they never mentioned that they should not be installed. My dealer was fantastic about the entire process. It took 3 hours and I had a loaner which I did not need nor did I use it.

Red Dwarf
10-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Forgive my ignorance, what does the timing device do? On the website they state the cold air intake does not void warranty but they don't say that about the timing device.
Once you removed the stock cover didn't you get more engine noise?

RoadRace
03-20-2013, 12:54 PM
There are no CELs with this intake and it did well on the dyno. Go to our Flickr account to see it if you do not find it on the site. Best intake for the 500. Add that + heat shield/engine cover, TC and exhaust and you are 15ish h.p. ahead. We really feel like it is the gold standard when used in concert with the part developed to complement it. Mix and matching parts does not always seem to work on any car.

Thanks
ROAD/RACE

RoadRace
05-19-2013, 08:58 PM

Love that quote. Might have to use it soon for new flyers or something. :)

ROAD/RACE

Wicked Cinq
05-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Forgive my ignorance, what does the timing device do?
The Timing Controller gives a Timing advance. This advances the spark by 3 to 4 Degrees. A spark advance means that the combustion happens slightly sooner during the compression stroke. That helps get a more complete burn. And there should be no need to worry about knock or backfire or anything, because the knock sensor should advance/retard timing as necessary. You should get better power and mpg. I am no expert. I just recently did a little online research. I am awaiting the order of the RRM TC myself.

RoadRace
05-24-2013, 08:46 PM
The TCs are the best kept secret really. This does improve power of course. What people do not realize is that these improve mileage, and driving power, i.e. great low and midrange punch. This a great thing for all models of 500 with the 1.4 liter Multi Air.

ROAD/RACE

Wicked Cinq
06-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Update: it does help mpg's. I have had the Corsa intake, exhaust and t/c from RRM for a couple tanks of gas now. Tracking at the pump I went from 32 mpg to 34 mpg (yes, I am a lead foot.) But it is consistent for two tanks now, and I probably drive it harder now than before the mods.

RoadRace
06-05-2013, 08:58 AM
Update: it does help mpg's. I have had the Corsa intake, exhaust and t/c from RRM for a couple tanks of gas now. Tracking at the pump I went from 32 mpg to 34 mpg (yes, I am a lead foot.) But it is consistent for two tanks now, and I probably drive it harder now than before the mods.

These parts do help mileage. It has been reported over and over to us by customers. Performance and mileage. The parts help pay for themselves.

ROAD/RACE