PDA

View Full Version : Factory Abarth Exhaust on a 500C

Berliner
07-17-2012, 03:25 AM
I came across a Seller from the Uk that sells Factory
Abarth Excausts new for 200 pounds plus 200 for S and H..

You think is it a silly Idea installing a Abarth Excaust on the 500c?
Has anybody done it yet? I know Madness got a good selection on Excausts

I am not a big Fan of Mopar parts. Sorry Kids... There are so many great Excausts out on the Market....

i just wonder what would be a good Choice to improve the Voice of the 500C abit....... i also looked at the MM. and i do like it......

As far as making the Abarth Excaust fit no problems here My Neighbors are all Modders and Gearheads we have the Tools to do pretty much any Job.....

Pinecone
07-17-2012, 08:40 AM
As for no problems, the Abarth exhaust is totally different. Requires a different diffuser. And not sure about the other struture where the Abarth muffler goes.

Oh, and the Euro Abarth is a different car than the US Fiat 500.

einy
07-18-2012, 12:17 PM
What is an "Excaust" ????

Evelyn Salt
07-18-2012, 02:13 PM
What is an "Excaust" ????
Maybe he meant ' Exhausted' :cupcake::cupcake::cupcake:

einy
07-19-2012, 06:24 AM
Well, as long as his "breaks" work when he needs to stop .... !

paook
07-19-2012, 09:02 AM
Be aware that you lose the spare tire space with the Abarth exhaust. Maybe you didn't get the spare as an option (really, $300 for a spare tire?) and then it won't matter.

Fiat500USA
07-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Pretty interesting concept. Marelli sell an optional dual exhaust for the European 500 below:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-WyfoHQJ6cmc/UAgvvvZ_ejI/AAAAAAAAMmE/i4j4icOQmQQ/s640/Fiat500USA.com-scarico_GT_01.jpg

Maybe contact one of our vendors for info on that...

PS. I fixed the title of the thread ;)

Berliner
07-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Sorry Kids was tired when i posted it.... Thx 4 all the great Laughs and Info

Ferrero1911
07-19-2012, 05:27 PM
I don't know anything about how it will fit, affect the car etc. But I do think if you want the stock U.S. Abarth exhaust you might find a better deal by buying one from someone in the US selling it off their car. (I'm not implying that I'll be selling mine though. It sounds better and better every day!)

Fiat500USA
07-20-2012, 01:25 AM
I don't know anything about how it will fit, affect the car etc. But I do think if you want the stock U.S. Abarth exhaust you might find a better deal by buying one from someone in the US selling it off their car. (I'm not implying that I'll be selling mine though. It sounds better and better every day!)

The European Abarth actually has a muffler so it is quieter than the US exhaust. I'm assuming a quieter car is desired. The exhaust you get from England looks like $628 plus you need a new valance/bumper. Maybe a vendor on here would have some options for you.

eddiebabyny
07-31-2012, 09:16 PM
You think is it a silly Idea installing a Abarth Excaust on the 500c?

As far as making the Abarth Excaust fit no problems here My Neighbors are all Modders and Gearheads we have the Tools to do pretty much any Job.....

I have a 500c and I looked into this as well. Don't do it. The Abarth is a whole different animal. Different pressure for the exhaust. Get yourself a custom exhaust, a quality one (not the Mopar) that is built for your car. Or, if youre not concerned about the warranty, have a good muffler shop do a straight pipe for like, $ 150.00. Your car will sound like an Abarth after that, trust me.

deathshead
07-31-2012, 10:11 PM
Its just like putting an SRT-4 take-off exhaust on a regular neon.. ugh.,