PDA

View Full Version : Dealer upgrades

PapaSandro
07-12-2012, 09:56 PM
So I was at my studio and the manager was saying that he may do some dealer performance packages for the sports. He was asking suggestions on what should be included. Any suggestions? CAI, exhaust?

Pinecone
07-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Ask him about the warranty. :)

PapaSandro
07-13-2012, 12:01 PM
That's part of what he is working on.

Mike S
07-13-2012, 01:56 PM
I don't think he has anything to work on. Modify the car and you provide your own warranty. Why should Fiat cover it? I don't think the dealer will.

PapaSandro
07-13-2012, 02:04 PM
This is what he told me...I dont ask questions. I just offered to help with ideas.

Pinecone
07-13-2012, 03:08 PM
I hope he makes that VERY clear to his customers.

Enygma_6
07-17-2012, 03:24 AM
I was told by my dealer's service department that Mopar parts will not void the warranty. Anyone else and be prepared to pay if something breaks.
Currently this limits to the CAI, exhaust, and chassis brace as far as performance parts go (there's plenty of factory-backed cosmetic things, but they don't help you go fast).
Supposedly there might be a suspension and/or turbo in the works (500T parts?) from Mopar, but nothing official as of yet. (I want to lower the look of mine a bit, but am not yet ready to give up the security-blanket of full factory warranty for unanticipated repairs, so for now I only have the 3 Mopar bits mentioned above)

Pinecone
07-17-2012, 08:46 AM
Have them put that is writing. And sign it.

MOPAR has had Direct Connection for performance parts for a long time. Disclaimer in the catalog was always that use of the parts voided the factory warranty.