PDA

View Full Version : How Does the Lounge Version Ride?

Lounge4Me
07-11-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm leasing a somewhat similarly-small car and am beginning to consider the car that will follow it. For any who have experience with both, how would you rate the ride quality and overall quietness of the 500 Lounge vs a Ford Fiesta SEL sedan (15' wheels/tires)? What is the OEM tire on the Lounge?

bryanintowson
07-12-2012, 08:41 AM
I'm leasing a somewhat similarly-small car and am beginning to consider the car that will follow it. For any who have experience with both, how would you rate the ride quality and overall quietness of the 500 Lounge vs a Ford Fiesta SEL sedan (15' wheels/tires)? What is the OEM tire on the Lounge?

I love my Lounge model. The ride is excellent - smooth and solid. The OEM tire is a 185/55-15. There's nothing I'd change about it. I was seriously considering the Fiesta and I do really like the look of the car. However - I test drove the Fiesta and I was unimpressed by the acceleration and the interior center stack layout. It was quite confusing. I chose the 500 Lounge because it was a little piece of Italian sculpture I could drive and that was peppy and smooth riding.

I say Forza FIAT! Go for the FIAT! If you have any questions about how I spec'ed out my Lounge, drop me a PM.

Lounge4Me
07-12-2012, 01:29 PM
I love my Lounge model. The ride is excellent - smooth and solid. The OEM tire is a 185/55-15. There's nothing I'd change about it. I was seriously considering the Fiesta and I do really like the look of the car. However - I test drove the Fiesta and I was unimpressed by the acceleration and the interior center stack layout. It was quite confusing. I chose the 500 Lounge because it was a little piece of Italian sculpture I could drive and that was peppy and smooth riding.

I say Forza FIAT! Go for the FIAT! If you have any questions about how I spec'ed out my Lounge, drop me a PM.
Good info and good to know! I was aware of the size of the OEM tires, but was wondering if anyone knows what brand/model of tire is generally used, so I can compare that as well.

donsmith
07-13-2012, 12:37 PM
I also have a Lounge. I inquired about the Fiesta but got discourage about what I heard and never drove one as a test. I'm just crazy about my Lounge. I have one with a moonroof in Grigio (grey) color. I've named it Topo Grigio.

Can't wait to drive in the morning and can't wait to leave work to drive it again in the afternoon. A little over two thousand miles on it now. Yes, 15" wheels.

Because the pricing was good I got features I didn't think I could afford like back-up sensors, hands-free, satellite radio, moonroof and more.

However, it's amazing how sometimes its a little thing that can make up your mind. I looked at a Kia Soul and dismissed it immediately because the instrument stack was slanted way back. Hated that. I like the more vertical look of the front of the Fiat dash. Really! The Kia may have been just fine but I just hated the dash!

luckymoi
07-13-2012, 12:59 PM

Ditto here... my same experience.

cmj912
07-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Good info and good to know! I was aware of the size of the OEM tires, but was wondering if anyone knows what brand/model of tire is generally used, so I can compare that as well.

The brand of tire on the Lounge is usually Continental - the ContiProContact - unless I miss my guess.

The Pop's 15-inch tire is usually the Firestone Firehawk GT, which I heard has been discontinued so that may not be the case now.

Oh, I just saw on Tirerack.com that the Pirelli Cinturato P7 is also a standard tire on the Lounge...

Wolfie
07-14-2012, 12:31 PM
The brand of tire on the Lounge is usually Continental - the ContiProContact - unless I miss my guess.

The Pop's 15-inch tire is usually the Firestone Firehawk GT, which I heard has been discontinued so that may not be the case now.

My Lounge has the Firestone Firehawk GT's

bryanintowson
07-14-2012, 11:33 PM
Ditto the Firestones. Good tires so far. I once inquired about why when I had first seen the 500 it had Pirellis but when I got mine it had Firestones - apparently it was just an economic decision.

cmj912
07-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Ditto the Firestones. Good tires so far. I once inquired about why when I had first seen the 500 it had Pirellis but when I got mine it had Firestones - apparently it was just an economic decision.

I apologize. What I meant was that those are the types of tires you can expect to see on a Lounge. Not that they all have the same ones.

My car, a Pop, has Firestones, I have yet to see one that doesn't. The Lounges I've seen were all Continentals. I didn't realize they were using the Firehawks on the Lounge, too.

Have never seen the Pirellis. My experience with the brand in the past was that they were nice-riding tires but didn't last long and were fairly costly. I think the car was one of the Peugeots. It had Pirelli P4s, although this was some time ago.