PDA

View Full Version : Problems after problems

Giuseppe
07-02-2012, 01:46 AM
Regardless, I still love my cars.

Basically, I've had serious issues with my Prima and now my Abarth.

I am getting the Abarth ready for a show this weekend. The wheels are being painted and the Abarth is being lowered. But upon wheel removing the wheels, I found this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/dvmotorsports/d65e016c.jpg

I just got the Prima out of the shop after being there for a month. And it's gotta go back in again along with the Abarth now. Anyway, you folks should check your axles.

Abarth Five O
07-02-2012, 02:18 AM
Sorry to hear the bad news. It appears that the axle grease is leaking from the boot or axle casing. What's up with that? I'm starting to have some real concerns about the quality of workmanship at the Toluca plant in Mexico. This other member had his Abarth for only 5 days and it's been in the shop ever since with major engine problems: valve spring replacement, etc. In any event, I look forward to seeing your Abarth at Spocom this weekend.
Five O

Grigio500
07-02-2012, 02:40 AM
are you referring to the grease all over?

I think I am starting to experience this on my sport passenger front side.. ****!

Mike S
07-02-2012, 07:50 AM
Thanks, I'm going to check mine. The dealer should be looking for this when they rotate tires.

msjulie33
07-02-2012, 09:45 AM
I am getting the Abarth ready for a show this weekend. The wheels are being painted and the Abarth is being lowered. But upon wheel removing the wheels, I found this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/dvmotorsports/d65e016c.jpg

How many miles? Can't see if it's coming from the axle boot or some other tranny seal? Happily my car with only 2500 or so is dry every where on the underside...

I thought engine/tranny came from Detroit?

ace51
07-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Sorry to hear the bad news. It appears that the axle grease is leaking from the boot or axle casing. What's up with that? I'm starting to have some real concerns about the quality of workmanship at the Toluca plant in Mexico. This other member had his Abarth for only 5 days and it's been in the shop ever since with major engine problems: valve spring replacement, etc. In any event, I look forward to seeing your Abarth at Spocom this weekend.
Five O

I think the engines are made in Detroit? Either way yeah this stinks, is your car stock?

SeaDawg
07-02-2012, 11:52 AM
I think the engines are made in Detroit? Either way yeah this stinks, is your car stock?

Engine - Detroit (Dundee)
MTrans - Italy

Black Mamba
07-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Glad i came on here today, my clamp came off just like yours 3 weeks ago randomly, waited a week for a replacement axle. Studio replaced axle and guess what...... the next day the clamp came off and it exploded again.....lol My studio has no clue why this is happening....I have a feeling this is not just me and you. People chime in because this is crap! Also check to see if your rear right fender well is missing it's nuts holding the well on. Mine where all missing and not inspected w/ pink marker like the other fender wells on the vehicle.

Black Mamba
07-02-2012, 12:03 PM
BTW this is not a split boot etc, this is a result of the inner clamp coming off. You can see in the picture there that the clamp is missing

msjulie33
07-02-2012, 05:16 PM
BTW this is not a split boot etc, this is a result of the inner clamp coming off. You can see in the picture there that the clamp is missing

That's just ridiculous ...

VTEC Mini
07-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Whats with Fiats and clamps?

Wolfie
07-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Whats with Fiats and clamps?

Clamps are probably "made in China" ... :indecisiveness:

Giuseppe
08-25-2012, 09:10 PM

Negative. The clamp is in place. Not sure how the grease came out. But my axle has been delievered. Will have it installed next week.

Giuseppe
05-02-2013, 11:21 PM
Found I blew another axle boot last Friday. First time was left inner. This time it's the right outer. Dammit.

BigDaddySRT
05-03-2013, 07:16 AM
Found I blew another axle boot last Friday. First time was left inner. This time it's the right outer. Dammit.

Is your Suspension Modded?

Giuseppe
05-03-2013, 07:41 AM
Is your Suspension Modded?

Now it is. When the first boot failed, no.

Scorponix
05-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Did you hear any creaky sounds coming from the suspension prior? I noticed my rear is creaky as hell in fact, it sounds like an old pick up truck.

Giuseppe
05-07-2013, 07:55 PM
Did you hear any creaky sounds coming from the suspension prior? I noticed my rear is creaky as hell in fact, it sounds like an old pick up truck.

No noises emitted from mine at all.

William M Jacocks Jr
05-07-2013, 08:37 PM
They need to hire somebody stronger to crimp those clamps properly!:whip:

CarlosOne
06-23-2013, 11:24 PM
Wait til the transmission leak starts, thats when the buyer's remorse sets in...slowly.

stratofortress
06-24-2013, 01:40 AM
Wait til the transmission leak starts, thats when the buyer's remorse sets in...slowly.can we just ban this guy already?

he's clearly trolling now and it's getting annoying

CarlosOne
06-24-2013, 07:03 AM
can we just ban this guy already?

After all the trouble Fiat gave me, not with one, BUT TWO cars, I have every right to voice my opinion where ever I am allowed. If band (which is a joke), I will voice those protests elsewhere. But from the various transmission issue threads on all the 500 forums, I am definitely not alone.

nerdvana
06-24-2013, 07:19 AM

People like that are the reason the ignore list was invented. :)

Go to 'Settings' in the upper right corner of the screen, and choose 'Edit Ignore List'. Add him to the list and click 'Okay'. You'll still see that he posted something but the contents of the post won't be visible.

Tweak
06-24-2013, 09:52 PM

He has now posted an apology for these types of posts, shouldn't be an issue any longer.

Giuseppe
06-26-2013, 02:29 PM
My transmission leaks. I have no buyers remorse. I have a warranty.