PDA

View Full Version : Feeler Post Stinger Lip spoiler extension!

TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management
06-28-2012, 12:46 PM
I have been working with a lead sculptor from a major automotive manufacturer on developing a rear spoiler Lip/Extension for the Abarth. as many of you know its very difficult and expensive to remove the factory spoiler on these cars, so we went about modifying one of the manufacturers current products to work on the Abarth and this thread is to gauge interest for the possibility of an Abarth specific product. The pics shown are not the final product, the Abarth specific STINGER LIP EXTENSION will be wider, more aggressive and will start to curve up where the factory spoiler does. Who would be interested in a product such as this for a $250-300 price point?

nojeebs
06-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Interested to see the final product. Good idea for sure. :)

06-28-2012, 12:53 PM
This post is to gauge interest, the final product can only look and fuction better as its designed specifically for the car and its aerodynamics, if there is not interest then we wont proceed with development as the costs involved in designing the mold are significant. We can also develop a set of front canards for the car that will again be Abarth specific if interest is there!

Pinecone
06-28-2012, 02:35 PM
How are you going to test the aerodynamics?

06-28-2012, 02:55 PM
How are you going to test the aerodynamics?

As was stated the designer is and was a lead sculptor for major automotive manufacturers ie he designs entire automobiles as well as aerodynamic enhancements, he has a lifetime of experience in this field so I trust his judgement in this regard. His other similar products have gotten rave reviews with end users stating faster road course laptimes and carrying speeds. Another plus on other cars is the rear window stays cleaner as well!

trevc
06-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Can he fix the dribble from the rear washer nozzle as well? :disturbed:

WegoFaster@Ambient Thermal Management
06-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Can he fix the dribble from the rear washer nozzle as well? :disturbed:

The Abarth has a weak bladder.

Abarthman
06-28-2012, 06:46 PM
My personal interest would be in an extention to the front splitter. If it extended another 3" or so and was wider and angled downward, I'd definitely be interested.....:joyous:

cspak71
06-28-2012, 07:18 PM
the abarth has a weak bladder.

lol

cspak71
06-28-2012, 07:20 PM
I have been working with a lead sculptor from a major automotive manufacturer on developing a rear spoiler Lip/Extension for the Abarth. as many of you know its very difficult and expensive to remove the factory spoiler on these cars, so we went about modifying one of the manufacturers current products to work on the Abarth and this thread is to gauge interest for the possibility of an Abarth specific product. The pics shown are not the final product, the Abarth specific STINGER LIP EXTENSION will be wider, more aggressive and will start to curve up where the factory spoiler does. Who would be interested in a product such as this for a $250-300 price point?

Granted this is about function and aerodynamics over form, but the thing looks like a duck's bill from the side. I like the look of it from the front, with the split in the center. I would also aim to try not to have such a large step or "lip" where the extension meets the OEM spoiler... it looks like it's not integrated much and looks like it's sitting on top of the spoiler rather than being a true extension.

HF Stinger
06-29-2012, 12:06 AM
The Abarth has a weak bladder.

Just tell everyone it's venom :joyous:

HF Stinger
06-29-2012, 12:11 AM
As far as the extension goes I don't think I'd be a player for one. Personally I think the rear spoiler is part of the car that they got really really right.

What I'd like to see is something that goes on the rear hatch similar to the spoiler that is part of the MS Design wide body kit.

It would help add some perceived length to the car as do the Abarth stripes.

http://500madness.com/500madness/shop/image/cache/data/MS%20Design/alpine-fiat-500-rear-spoiler-500x500.jpg

Pinecone
06-29-2012, 09:49 AM
I can't see that the low spoiler will even see any moving air. :)

But no matter how experienced someone is, the only true test of aero is to test in. Wind tunnel is best, tufting and driving will work.

HF Stinger
06-30-2012, 03:59 AM
Let's keep it all the way real here guys, these cars aren't going to see the kind of speeds required to see benefit or degradation in the 'true' aerodynamics anyway. So if it looks good and if fits your style - go with it.