PDA

View Full Version : 5 day old Abarth... 6 days in shop and counting....

kgrav
06-27-2012, 11:47 PM
I drove my Abarth for 5 days and it has been in the shop for 6 days... Needless to say I am not very pleased at all. The car misfired 5 days after I got it. I couldn't even get the car out of the parking lot... Fiat started by replacing all 4 faulty spark plugs. They are now replacing the valve springs. They said if that doesn't work they'll move on to something else. I wish someone could tell me what's wrong.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on?

Abarth Five O
06-28-2012, 02:20 AM
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Sounds like some serious engine problems/defect if they're replacing the valve springs and who knows what else. Hope your state has a "lemon law" i.e. 3 strikes and you're out: the dealer/manufacturer has 3 chances to fix the problem to the customer's satisfaction or must give a new car or full refund. Please keep us posted and best of luck in fixing the problem.

Pinecone
06-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Sounds like a Monday morning car after Cinco de Mayo. :)

Hope you get it resolved.

Thomas
06-28-2012, 07:49 PM
I have nothing to back this up, but I feel optimistic that they will get to the bottom of it. But if they don't get to the bottom of it soon, they should swap in a new motor. Best of luck with your issue.

pastor passum
06-28-2012, 07:51 PM
Sounds like a Monday morning car after Cinco de Mayo. :)

Hope you get it resolved.

Sounds like a likely scenario but if I remember correctly, the engines are made in Michigan. But hey, sometimes I celebrate Cinco de Mayo in North Carolina.

deathshead
06-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Valve springs?, 5 day old car? tell warranty admin u want a new motor and escalate from there.

johniew398
07-02-2012, 10:26 PM
I would hate to start right off with a new car with those problems. I know it's too early; but, I would be wanting a new car.

Pinecone
07-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Wanting and getting are two different things.

SeaDawg
07-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Wanting and getting are two different things.

In these forums, ALL things are possible. I mean why wait for all those intermediate steps to be completed to resolve the problem when you can just jump directly from step 3 to a new car. <tongue firmly in cheek>

EliRider
07-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Any updates kgrav?
This really sucks.