PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Fiat Preview Brochure

SeaDawg
06-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Take a look at upcoming changes to the 2013 model line....not necessarily all inclusive: http://pictures.dealer.com/ccinanaimo/0ca12f2e0a0d028a0125d92c1e5c8297.pdf

sjmst
06-23-2012, 08:47 PM
Great find, thanks!

Giuseppe
06-23-2012, 09:18 PM
My thoughts;

I'm glad they moved the ESC button. Not wise to have it next to the fog lamp. You reach down in bad weather thinking you are turning on your fogs, but you disable your ESC and drive off a cliff........Extreme, I know. But you get the idea.

The thing I am most looking forward to is tire pressure values in the EVIC. Hopfully the values will be in tenths. And more so, I hope the 2012 can accept an update to enable this function.

SeaDawg
06-23-2012, 09:49 PM
My thoughts;
The thing I am most looking forward to is tire pressure values in the EVIC. Hopfully the values will be in tenths. And more so, I hope the 2012 can accept an update to enable this function.

I wouldn't hold off buying that digital tire pressure gage or get rid of one if you already have it, lol. I have only had TPMS with tire pressures on one vehicle and that was a low end Chevrolet. It displayed in WHOLE psi only.

Freedomland
06-23-2012, 10:32 PM
i see that they are getting rid of Mocha (I car i won was ordered with that color... )

and I also had heard about dumping Bose and going with Beats.. (does this mean the standard audio will be improved??)
Personally i LIKE having a Bose system I've had a pair of Dr Dre Tours by Beats,, and they were only so so,.. my Shures were better.. and I've heard Bose and they are better..

but it looks like minor but nice improvements...
but still wondering,, are any of the improvements available non packaged?? like added heated seats to a Pop?

oh I DO want the updated mirror for the Pop (the Sport mirror) that I do Like

luckymoi
06-23-2012, 10:53 PM
55mpg highway! ?

panther76
06-23-2012, 11:01 PM
55mpg highway! ?

those arent U.S. numbers.

ScorpionSkins.com
06-23-2012, 11:46 PM
My biggest concern for the Abarth changes is this:

"Revised Icons on steering wheel and cluster bezel"

I hope it hasn't been revised for the worst... I rather like the way they're set up on the 2012 model. :moody:

I'll be concerned until I see it. The heated seats might be a nice option, depending on price. I'm curious to see what the "new carpet" implies.

I don't care for the BEATS just as I didn't care for the BOSE, but it's always nice to have an option for those who don't feel like installing an aftermarket audio system on their own. :)

EDIT: Another thought. With the BOSE system being replaced with Fiat "premium" speakers, should we expect a reduction in price? It would seem justified, however unlikely.

Evelyn Salt
06-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Take a look at upcoming changes to the 2013 model line....not necessarily all inclusive: http://pictures.dealer.com/ccinanaimo/0ca12f2e0a0d028a0125d92c1e5c8297.pdf
This sounds great to me, I just hope they make one with some more power;
I'd like one with a little more oomph, but not necessarily going up to Abarth territory.

FiatPhil
06-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Well, I guess the carpet is going to be more than just what I would call a glorified trunk carpet....and the EVIC will display tire pressure....but who's going to air a tire and start the car from the driver's seat to re-read the pressure until you reach the right pressure? The speed volume control would be nice, if it works right. All the cars I've had so far either turn it up too much, or not enough to suit me.

I'm okay with my carpeted floor mats and using a tire gauge to inflate a tire (which you'll still have to do on a 2013, even though you can check the pressure from inside the car). I've never thought it too much trouble to just turn the radio up manually when I get onto a freeway. Even if you had speed volume, it probably would be the wrong volume [once pre-set] for a noisy stretch of pavement.

luckymoi
06-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Well, I guess the carpet is going to be more than just what I would call a glorified trunk carpet....and the EVIC will display tire pressure....but who's going to air a tire and start the car from the driver's seat to re-read the pressure until you reach the right pressure? The speed volume control would be nice, if it works right. All the cars I've had so far either turn it up too much, or not enough to suit me.

I'm okay with my carpeted floor mats and using a tire gauge to inflate a tire (which you'll still have to do on a 2013, even though you can check the pressure from inside the car). I've never thought it too much trouble to just turn the radio up manually when I get onto a freeway. Even if you had speed volume, it probably would be the wrong volume [once pre-set] for a noisy stretch of pavement.
I put cocomats in the front and back and now the trunk.. very retro.
Black with red dots and red trim so whatever they are doing for 2013 would not interest me but volume by speed yes!

Fazzster
06-25-2012, 11:44 AM
I was hoping to see the 500T. I have been waiting for a year to purchase a 500 but found it to be a too down on power so I waited for the Abarth but they are too difficult to come by. This is very disappointing.

SeaDawg
06-25-2012, 11:57 AM
I was hoping to see the 500T. I have been waiting for a year to purchase a 500 but found it to be a too down on power so I waited for the Abarth but they are too difficult to come by. This is very disappointing.

I wouldn't throw up your hands and walk away just yet.:anonymous:

luckymoi
06-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Abarths are around... Fiat of Fremont had 4 last week, unsold, two in showroom - I drove the white one - and two out back which I did not look at.
I was told "they will work with you on the price" when I said I am not paying 4995 (yes 5K!) as an MSRP markup.
Loved the car but Cabrio or nothing is my motto.
Went through a similar thing on the cabrio last year.

500T is on the radar...

nsorens
06-25-2012, 09:15 PM
I wonder if they will continue to offer the free "Abarth Experiance" track day?

Evelyn Salt
06-25-2012, 10:51 PM
I wouldn't hold off buying that digital tire pressure gage or get rid of one if you already have it, lol. I have only had TPMS with tire pressures on one vehicle and that was a low end Chevrolet. It displayed in WHOLE psi only.

Why in the world would you care about 10ths of a psi ?
There isn't any way you could accurately put air in 10ths , or measure it.

SeaDawg
06-26-2012, 01:18 AM

I think you were a little too quick on that reply button.:distracted: I'm not concerned at all. I have two accutire digital tire gages that I use to check my tire pressure. They read in .5 psi increments. I was replying to someone else who was commenting they hoped the 2013 TPMS display in the EVIC was in 10ths of a lb.

Giuseppe
06-26-2012, 03:08 AM

Track day events on R-Comps. It's possible.

donsmith
06-26-2012, 10:26 AM
There was nothing in the 2013 brochure that made me unhappy with my 2012 Lounge. Darker moon roof? It would be nice. Not a deal-killer though. Got the spotter mirror already. Don't care about the different carpeting because I have molded floor mats anyway. Got the upgraded Bose system in my car and it's just fine. Not lacking for a factory car sound system for me. Not looking for more hp because I like the high gas mileage. Yesterday on fill-up I measured just over 34mpg (US gallons) after a tank of city driving with air conditioning in the Dallas heat. My son asked me yesterday if I missed having a bigger car to carry more things. I replied that once in a while the size is missed but I wouldn't trade that for the all-the-rest-of-the-time pleasure of driving this car and saving on gas at the same time.

However, the day Fiat purges the 500 of Microsoft-written software is the day I'll want to trade-up!

Sealy
06-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Nothing in there to make me want to give up my Gucci. Would have been nice to see a head unit with everything intergrated - I'm sure the Italians could do it and keep the style. I'm really over that tree growing out of my dash top. :apologetic:

Jay-W
06-29-2012, 02:33 PM
I haven't posted here in awhile and I'm just reviewing recent messages (i.e. since ~ March)... It's not clear where this info. package came from -- but it looks official. If so, I'm a little dissappointed that there's no mention of the 4-door 500L... The rumors around its Geneva release were that it would be coming to the US in 2013 (following a 2012 availability in Europe). I'm not seeing much about its availability in Europe at the moment -- so I'm wondering if we can really expect the 500L here in the US in 2013? Does anyone have any new news on the 500L -- for either the European market &, particularly, the US market? Thanks!

Pronto
06-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Nothing in there to make me want to give up my Gucci. Would have been nice to see a head unit with everything intergrated - I'm sure the Italians could do it and keep the style. I'm really over that tree growing out of my dash top. :apologetic:

Yes, I am not much for going green either!

sportbiker
06-30-2012, 04:38 AM
I'm a little dissappointed that there's no mention of the 4-door 500L

I wouldn't expect any mention of a different model in a "What's New" for an existing model. The introduction of a new model is a major choreographed production, far beyond the scope of a document telling sales staff two colors are being introduced on the existing 500.