PDA

View Full Version : Where to get 12v and 12v acc?

ace51
06-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Specifically under the glove box, don't have my volt meter at my new house :( There are tons of wires down there but I'm not sure which ones which.

Trying to hardware a xm sat box in my wife's 500c pop since it didnt come with sat radio. Any tips on where to mount the sat antenna (where do they put it in convertibles anyway?) thinking in the center of the windshield at the top so it blends in with the black.

Giuseppe
06-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Your best bet is the radio harness.

buzzny
06-13-2012, 07:45 AM
Antenna is just to one side of the mirror and as high as possible. Sorry, can't help with the wires.

Sealy
06-13-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't have my vehicle or owner's manual with me at work, but . . . find the fuse box and put a tap on one of the fuses (neat little device that turns one fuse into two). Pep Boys sells them for a couple of bucks and it makes it real easy. Not sure which panels are plastic, but you may be able to hide the antenna under something. As noted, 500C's is located on the inside of the windshield to the right of the rear view mirror.

ace51
06-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Tapped into the fuse box and found a switched and none switched fuse, will post pictures tomorrow. I did find a large switched power source under the glove box but couldn't find a always on power source plus I did not want to splice into a random harness on the car so I just went to the fuse box and wired in there.

Thanks guys!