PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2012 Fiat Abarth

GramCracker
06-12-2012, 04:13 PM
I am thinking of selling my Fiat Abarth. There is nothing wrong with it. I absolutely love the little thing, I just might actually need a car that is slightly larger than the Abarth.

I picked it up about a month ago from Fiat of Lehigh Valley in PA when it had 11 miles on the odometer. It now sits with about 1,550 miles and I have loved every one that I have put on the car.

Some info:
-1,550 miles
-Grigio
-Red Leather
-Sound/Security package
-17" Titanium wheels
-Red mirror caps
-H&R lowering springs

I just changed the oil at 1,500 miles with a fresh oil filter and Shell Rotella 5w-40 fully synthetic motor oil.
The engine was broken in as per the manufacturers suggested practice (no aggressive driving for 300 miles) and the car is very well taken care of.
I have all documents for the car during my time of ownership (ie. receipts, ect).
Warranty is transferable to the new owner, and is good for 50,000 miles/4 years.

Photos:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/ferrari32/grigio-10.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/ferrari32/grigio-2.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/ferrari32/grigio-9.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/ferrari32/grigio-6.jpg

I am asking $23,500 for the car and it is located in CT. Please keep in mind you cannot buy this car at dealers currently, and it is extremely hard to find one that has not been sold. I am not interested in trades at this moment. If you are seriously interested please send me a PM or email me at :grahamsweir (at) gmail (dot) com

Thank you for looking!

BellaFiat
06-12-2012, 04:22 PM
This is a little odd/sad to see. Wasn't it not that long ago that you were super excited about getting this car?

GramCracker
06-12-2012, 04:27 PM
This is a little odd/sad to see. Wasn't it not that long ago that you were super excited about getting this car?

Yes, you are right, it is odd and I was (and still am) happy about the car. The ad is simply a "feeler" and if the right person comes along I will possibly let it go :)

Chris
06-12-2012, 05:23 PM
I just might actually need a car that is slightly larger than the Abarth.

Getting a Yaris?? :highly_amused:

FiatPhil
06-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Seems to me to be too high on the price for a used Abarth car with 1500 miles that is not 100% original now (since the springs have been changed out).

In a few months everyone can order a new 2013, which may have new and more options. Good luck to the person who has to convice you to "let it go". In my experience people who put out "feeler ads" and have to be "convinced" to "let a car go" are not serious unless they can get more than they know the car is worth......

I would never try to convince you to let it go. You should be ready to do that before you put the for sale sign on the car.

No offense intended, and good luck to you sir. Count me out.

deathshead
06-12-2012, 08:51 PM
What are you hauling that requires a larger car? Im downsizing from a srt-4 4-door sedan. We ALWAYS (unless absolutely necessary) use the wifes Honda element when its us and my son, She drives too, HEHE.

I only use the back doors when driving with my 4yr old son or to put my beer behind the seat and never ever use the trunk.

PapaSandro
06-12-2012, 09:26 PM
I am asking $23,500 for the car and it is located in CT. Please keep in mind you cannot buy this car at dealers currently, and it is extremely hard to find one that has not been sold. I am not interested in trades at this moment. If you are seriously interested please send me a PM or email me at :grahamsweir (at) gmail (dot) com

Thank you for looking!

Where in CT are you located. I thought I was the only CT person on this forum?!??!?!

dan1malk
06-16-2012, 08:54 PM
It's funny to see this because I would actually go for this exterior color combo exactly, with the stripe delete and everything, and was blown away when you got the same scheme. :)
I probably would have taken cloth, and I can't quite tell if you have the sunroof but I wouldn't want that. I'm too tall.

It is strange to see this post from you as you have been one of the most excited about the car on here. As a big dude (I'm 6'3", 210) I am a little worried about going for such a small car. My wife drives an Equinox, so we are good if we need something bigger, and the Abarth would be my daily driver. I've test driven lots of times and I'm mostly convinced I will be comfortable in it. But... since you seem to be experiencing my exact concerns as well as taste in exterior color, it would be great if you could maybe elaborate on what made you think you need something bigger? I just have similar concerns and would love to hear more about your thoughts. :)

Thanks, and it is a beautiful car.

sjmst
06-17-2012, 10:24 AM
That's a beautiful car, and just as I would have ordered. GLWS.

Fiat500USA
06-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Agreed, hope it all works out.

That's a beautiful car, and just as I would have ordered. GLWS.

Hey Sam, how's your car coming along?

deathshead
06-17-2012, 11:57 AM
It's funny to see this because I would actually go for this exterior color combo exactly, with the stripe delete and everything, and was blown away when you got the same scheme. :)
I probably would have taken cloth, and I can't quite tell if you have the sunroof but I wouldn't want that. I'm too tall.

It is strange to see this post from you as you have been one of the most excited about the car on here. As a big dude (I'm 6'3", 210) I am a little worried about going for such a small car. My wife drives an Equinox, so we are good if we need something bigger, and the Abarth would be my daily driver. I've test driven lots of times and I'm mostly convinced I will be comfortable in it. But... since you seem to be experiencing my exact concerns as well as taste in exterior color, it would be great if you could maybe elaborate on what made you think you need something bigger? I just have similar concerns and would love to hear more about your thoughts. :)

Ya, I would love to hear some feedback, it seems like OP posted this ad and then ditched us.

sjmst
06-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Agreed, hope it all works out.

Hey Sam, how's your car coming along?

Hi Chris. I understand it is to built this coming week. Should have it in 4...in time for FFO...I hope.

GramCracker
06-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Sorry to leave everyone hanging, I've had a pretty crazy week socially and at work and then a weekend full of golf.

Thank you for the compliment.

I'm probably about 6 feet (maybe 6'1") and just fit nicely. Occasionally my hair hits the ceiling, but that's once and a while. The sunroof is great (and was a must for me) but it certainly eliminates some headroom for tall people. I have no issues with fitting a golf bag or two in the back, I think it's just a matter of me missing my old car a lot; the awesome power potential combined with classic and timeless German styling. I need something a bit bigger, not in the interior space for the driver sense, but the overall capabilities/size of the car. It really is a very small car (compared to normal cars today). Honestly, I have no idea. It's probably because I saw a few members on here get their cars and impulse sold/bought.

If anyone is still interested, the car is still around to be checked out/looked at by interested parties.

Daimlersam
06-17-2012, 11:00 PM
So from your posts it seems you have the following options:
Sunroof
Red/black leather sears
17" wheels
Red mirror caps, no stripes

Anything else?

GramCracker
06-18-2012, 01:21 PM
So from your posts it seems you have the following options:
Sunroof
Red/black leather sears
17" wheels
Red mirror caps, no stripes

Anything else?

Yes those are all the factory options as well as the Security/Sound Package :) I like the whole aspect of having a security system.

GramCracker
06-27-2012, 12:37 AM
Bump. Car is still for sale.

GramCracker
07-23-2012, 03:29 PM
BUMP!

Car now has 3,200 miles. I'm now asking $23,000

djhace
08-03-2012, 06:47 PM
nice car. too bad you have to let it go.

Berliner
08-03-2012, 08:51 PM
OMG that is my fav Color Combo............ i was looking for an Abarth in that Color Combo and could not find one...

GramCracker
08-29-2012, 12:50 PM
OMG that is my fav Color Combo............ i was looking for an Abarth in that Color Combo and could not find one...

You should purchase this one then ;)

The car is still available. I'm asking $22,000

#1abarth
11-24-2012, 12:14 PM
I know as a first post this is not what you guys like to see.. As soon as I get an Abarth I will make an introduction. I have PM'd gramcracker, but he hasnt been on in sometime.. I was wondering if his Abarth is still for sale?... Wasnt sure if anyone on here was close with him and knew if it was or wasnt...

luckymoi
11-25-2012, 12:18 AM
Buona Fortuna!
The Abarth is one hell of a car

britm3
11-30-2012, 01:08 AM
#1abarth I'd be happy to help you out there as I ended up buying gramcracker's car - up here in the Boston area. It's been a great ride to date.

I know as a first post this is not what you guys like to see.. As soon as I get an Abarth I will make an introduction. I have PM'd gramcracker, but he hasnt been on in sometime.. I was wondering if his Abarth is still for sale?... Wasnt sure if anyone on here was close with him and knew if it was or wasnt...

satellite
12-16-2012, 03:56 AM
Don't know if anybody is still interested and not to thread hijack, but I just put mine up for sale, very similar car to Gramcracker's for what I feel is a smokin' deal.

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?7834-FS-2012-Fiat-500-ABARTH-(Grigio-Black-Stripes-under-4000-miles)