PDA

View Full Version : Early problems with the car

Starik
06-02-2012, 11:50 PM
I really enjoy the car, especially the exhaust sound effects, but some problems have appeared at 200 miles:

There seems to be a power steering problem, an intermittent metal-to-metal scream (sounds like a circular saw) when the wheel is turned to the left. I only hear it on left turns, never right turns. I'm also getting a "check engine" alert.

Into the dealer next week.

Thomas
06-03-2012, 12:19 AM
Starik, why don't you post this in the 'issues and concerns' section. There have been various engine light reports, but I have yet to hear of a power steering problem. Best of luck to you, and I hope these problems will be short lived.

Starik
06-03-2012, 12:45 AM
I'll do that.

VTEC Mini
06-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Sounds like all of that is one in the same with the exception of the check engine light. Keep us posted.

Fiat500USA
06-03-2012, 10:25 AM
I'll do that.

I moved the thread. Sorry to hear you have some trouble. Let us know how you make out.
-Chris

FiatCares
06-04-2012, 12:53 PM
I really enjoy the car, especially the exhaust sound effects, but some problems have appeared at 200 miles:

There seems to be a power steering problem, an intermittent metal-to-metal scream (sounds like a circular saw) when the wheel is turned to the left. I only hear it on left turns, never right turns. I'm also getting a "check engine" alert.

Into the dealer next week.

Starik: Let me know how it turns out and if I can be of any further assistance. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Starik
06-05-2012, 12:09 AM
All fixed - the "check engine" light went away as mysteriously as it appeared. The godawful circular saw noise was the backing plate on the left front disc - the plate and disc were coming into contact, noisily.