PDA

View Full Version : Key Replacement question.

Miami500c
05-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Just about 3 weeks ago I purchased a new 500c. As part of my negotiations I got the dealer to promise to provide a third key and fob. Dealership service is telling me they can't do this. According to the owners manual they should be able to order a blank key and program it to the vehicle.

Has anyone gotten a replacement key?

Thanks

cmj912
05-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Just about 3 weeks ago I purchased a new 500c. As part of my negotiations I got the dealer to promise to provide a third key and fob. Dealership service is telling me they can't do this. According to the owners manual they should be able to order a blank key and program it to the vehicle.

Has anyone gotten a replacement key?

Thanks

Did you get them to write it out? Anytime my dealer promises to give me something they don't have right at that moment, they fill out a little "We Owe You" form which one then can wave around to prove they need to eventually give it to you. If you don't have one of those, you should get something like that.

I see people on Facebook commenting that they bought a Gucci model and they were promised a piece of matching luggage - now that is something I'd want to get in writing. :)

There could be a problem with the availability of blank keys/remotes. But I don't know why they just wouldn't tell you that and, like everything else, just say you could have it when it is available. Either that or they don't have the machine to cut the keys properly. I am not sure if they look like Chrysler keys. Or if they could order it from the factory, from your VIN, given that the car was just purchased.

I don't think they're giving you the whole story here...

Miami500c
05-30-2012, 06:29 PM
Got an IOU ticket before signing on the dotted line. Went back to the studio and talked with my salesman about reply I have been getting from the service manager. He took it up the food chain along with copy of documentation I brought in with me. Got an updated IOU as the studio has ordered the replacement but currently Fiat has them on back order.

Will update if any progress is made.

Cheers,
:cool: