PDA

View Full Version : Cool Stereo, GPS, & multimedia upgrade for Arbarth and 500

Fiat411
05-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Anyone installed this radio/GPS (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiat-500-Car-DVD-with-GPS-3D-interface-ipod-Dual-Zone-USB-SWC-/251062622914?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item3a747f9ac2&vxp=mtr&autorefresh=true#ht_5325wt_1180) upgrade in there 500 yet? I'm think of installing it in my Abarth. I like that it keeps the look and feel of the factory bose unit, while adding most of the missing features I want in a car stereo.

Leotxn
05-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Although it looks nice design wise, read the details closer. It states Navi but does not specifically describe it actually having it or what type of software it uses. Also no mention of satelite radio option. So with this unit you lose the Bose stock head unit with built bose technology/amp, satelite radio (if you have that option) and guessing game about type of gps or if it actually has it.
I also did not see any mention that this unit is touchscreen. It looks to be just a am/fm radio with dvd playing abilities so not really an upgrade in my opinion.

Fiat411
05-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Ya, you might be right. I think I'll hold off. Let's hope Fiat and Bose clone this idea and offer it in the 2013 model year.

Fiat500USA
05-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Ya, you might be right. I think I'll hold off. Let's hope Fiat and Bose clone this idea and offer it in the 2013 model year.

Don't be surprised if you see an integrated NAV solution in version 2.0. ;)

Pronto
05-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Although it looks nice design wise, read the details closer. It states Navi but does not specifically describe it actually having it or what type of software it uses. Also no mention of satelite radio option. So with this unit you lose the Bose stock head unit with built bose technology/amp, satelite radio (if you have that option) and guessing game about type of gps or if it actually has it.
I also did not see any mention that this unit is touchscreen. It looks to be just a am/fm radio with dvd playing abilities so not really an upgrade in my opinion.

I researched this head set on the china website of the distributer. It is a touchscreen and it is fully integrated with the steering wheel controls, has all the bells and whistles but you would probably have to scrap the bose system which really would not be a great loss. You can get a much better equalizer, amp and sub woofer at reasonable prices. The major disadvantage is it has not been tested yet by any american company that I can find, so I will be waiting too. i am very encouraged that they have created a trim kit in Ivory and I will be dumping the rinky dink tom tom as soon as i can. Hopefully some Audiofile on this forum will keep us posted.