PDA

View Full Version : Seat that sit the dirver lower

2or4wheels
05-14-2012, 10:56 PM
Anyone heard of aftermarket or factory option seats that drop the drivers arse? For us 6'2" folks, it would be great to have a seat that lowers the body an 1" or 2.
thx in advance.

FiatGusto
05-14-2012, 11:44 PM
Are you using the plastic pump handle thingy???? To raise and lower the seat.

bryanintowson
05-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Anyone heard of aftermarket or factory option seats that drop the drivers arse? For us 6'2" folks, it would be great to have a seat that lowers the body an 1" or 2.
thx in advance.

Excellent subject line. Anyway - the Abarth seats are slimmer than the OE seats so I would recommend ordering a set of those.

shonokin
05-15-2012, 01:17 PM

Indeed! I'm 6'2" with a long waist and I have the seat pumped all the way down and it gave me at least 3 inches of space between top of my head and the roof. But I hear that the sun roof takes up some space if you have that.

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
05-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Indeed! I'm 6'2" with a long waist and I have the seat pumped all the way down and it gave me at least 3 inches of space between top of my head and the roof. But I hear that the sun roof takes up some space if you have that.

I'm 6'1 and the sunroof was not an option for me, I was told it takes up almost 2 inches and the weight.

luckymoi
05-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Cabrio has lots more headroom, ABARTH Cabrio is on the horizon I think...

2or4wheels
05-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Excellent subject line. Anyway - the Abarth seats are slimmer than the OE seats so I would recommend ordering a set of those.

Oops... punched out that subject line without looking
Yep, adjusted down the whole way.
Got a sunroof.
Will look at the Abarth seats.
Thx

Evelyn Salt
06-12-2012, 08:44 PM

I found if you want the seat really low ,you have to pump the lever,not just push it down.
I got my seat all the way down, and I really like it that way. Now I can lower steering wheel without hittin my knees.
Really cool, it's like driving my old firebird.

donnaloia
08-26-2012, 09:11 PM
You can order the Abarth seats and install them on a Pop?

Pinecone
08-27-2012, 09:41 AM
There are aftermarket seats and mounts that mount lower, but so far, it is major work to avoid issues with the seatbelt/airbag warning system.

Bearshrimp
09-05-2012, 05:18 PM
I am 6'5" and fit in the non-sunroof car just fine. I sat in a sunroof car and the look was laughable. The Abarth seats are thinner but when I tried an Abarth I still could not fir with the sunroof.

Good luck!

Robert Nixon
09-05-2012, 09:47 PM
I don't have any experience with the Fiat seats, but I've seen my son take his Miata driver's seat, remove the cover, and trim out a good inch or two of the foam!