PDA

View Full Version : Anybody interested in a NE club?

RoosterX19
05-14-2012, 08:37 PM
NE as in New England. Seems Fiat of Portland and Fiat of Peabody is selling them pretty quick. Post up if your in the area!

Jim McKenzie
05-16-2012, 12:27 PM
or would classic Fiats be included as well? Either way I'd be interested but have not bought an Abarth yet (or even taken a test drive).

Mike S
05-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Nothing wrong with front engine Fiats Jim. You don't seem to have one configured like that yet.

Abarth67
05-16-2012, 12:51 PM
You guys should check out FLU and join up with them. They are welcoming the new FIAT and have a great network of folks all around the country.
www.fiatclubamerica.com

RoosterX19
05-17-2012, 01:39 PM
or would classic Fiats be included as well? Either way I'd be interested but have not bought an Abarth yet (or even taken a test drive).

Hey Jim, its Rooster from XWEB! Their is a pseudo club in the area, but it seems everybody has gone into hiding or just too busy. I know Bob is around, albeit busy. Haven't heard from the others.

Jim McKenzie
05-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Hey Rooster! Nice to see you here. I'm a member of FLU btw, they even put my yellow X on their calendar this year :) Now...the Maserati Edition is calling me...

Thad
05-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Tim and the NE Coast FLU Chapter have put together a bunch of events that they will participate in for this summer.

Freedomland
06-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Well I want to hear about them..

I was thinking of setting up a FIAT 500 Club on LI (I know there is a LI FLU) but I was thinking of monthly meetings (at Browns Showroom and/or maybe the Westbury Showroom) and doing some rallies and such. Just like we did in the mini club (and there are a few mini clubs in the ny area too,, they just did a thing called MOT (Minis On Top) that got 200 Minis to the top of Mt Washington) But other things like a ralley to a restaurant.. or a drive around the island (ive done 6 of those with the minis)

Personally I would like to do a multi type car rally with Fiat, Mini, Jag (E-Type of course), Avanti, and other cars.. or even a Retro Rally with Fiat/Mini/Beetle/TBird (though not sure about muscle type cars like the retro mustang, challenger, or charger) but for you islanders... roads like Mill Road in Manorville, or Red Creek Road and Upper Red Creek Road near Hampton Bays and Flanders.. to give you and idea of the kind of roads that are fun. but I'm curious if there would be any interest???? last time I posted i got zero response on this... and would like to know if it is doable

Rob

Thad
06-29-2012, 01:42 PM
Freedomland, this sounds EXACTLY what the LI FLU chapter does! One of their yearly events is the Run Out East (R.O.E.) with all Italian cars. Go to the club website and look for Sam Germana. He is a Prima owner and frequents here too. Oh, and Westbury has done several events with the club.

Freedomland
06-29-2012, 11:19 PM
I know Sam.. and I did the ROE.. though I'm tied to Brown's since I'm in Suffolk and so are they. I also led the group from Manhassett to Westbury last fall.. but I see very little noise on the FLU site so I'm posting on here and on FB.. I dont know why FLU hasnt interacted with Brown's nice guys there.. but I would also like to do monthly meetings like we do in the USMINI Club though once I sell my cooper... I guess I would be out. I want to do rallies on a lot of the back roads here on LI just like Ive done with the Minis... wine rallies, twisty roads, a drive to some specific place.. (not necessarily a dealer.. maybe an odd place to eat.. etc..

one of the northern mini groups called NEMINI which doesnt deal with long island that much.. one young guy there did a route that was great.. basically I would call it a Hudson Highland ride.. up one side of the hudson.. and down the other.. including the bear mtn bridge, bear mtn, and storm king why we did last fall on our own...

remember,,. my background is photography so I am not a speeder... I like roads that have character... Ive used the LIMP here on long island for years... because it was the first limited access hwy in the US.. I used to a ride called RLI meaning 'Round Long Island.. we would start at Airport Plaza.. head north and end up on Snake Hill Road.. go out along the north shore.. sometimes out to Orient.. go across Shelter Island (2 ferries), and back down thru the hamptons... and dune road.. we had twisties, hwy, lights (with some towns), beach roads, and boats... and it was an all day affair.. a stop for a picnic lunch at a beach or a park.. and end at a restaurant.. I did that for about 6 years
all sorts of fun roads out here... if you know where to look

but i dont see as much noise on the LI FLU as i do on here... yes I like older cars and older Fiats too.. but I'm looking mostly as a group for the new FIAT 500s and their ilk

fredfrey
06-29-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm VP of the LI Fiat Club.
We are a very new club so setting up activities for both vintage members and new members are growing slowly. We have a bunch of activities listed on our site.
We also had contact with a sales person at browns, unfortunately he is no longer there. Often these showrooms cycle through sales people and it's hard to maintain communications when you discover your contact is no longer there.

As for events, if you are looking to set up one let me or Sam know and will promote it via the website.

Check out our calendar for upcoming events open to both vintage and new Fiats.
http://www.lifiatclub.com/upcoming-events/

Freedomland
06-30-2012, 12:08 AM
Fred.. I saw the events...
yeah I saw the things in Pa and Canada and such,..

I'm looking to do things here on the island for those new 500 owners and to get Fiat out there and a lot more attention...

(basically to one up the minis)

dont get me wrong.. i like national events.. but do you guys have a monthly meeting???
plus.. not everyone wants to pay to join a website... while I know FLU is a national organization... a lot of car owners are looking for local shows and local events that dont cost them.. even to go onto a website to chat you have to pay???? nahhh they would go to the free site... ie: this one or FB.. trust me i've been doing rallies since 2003.. and have been driving small off beat roads... well.. since i got a license.. and that was alooooong time ago and I know who you meant... call Brown's and ask for Kevin in Fiat sales.... he's the best contact man now Al is no longer there... they did go thru a bunch of Fiat people.. hell I even applied for a job but car sales really isnt my thing. (btw I know Kevin from his being a photographer and coming to where I worked)

Rob

again.. I'm not trying to compete with FLU.. just something a little different. Maybe I'll see you at Oak Beach?

fredfrey
06-30-2012, 08:19 AM
There are no charges involved in our website at all. We are a chapter of FLU and a FLU membership has a small charge.

If you want to set up a monthly meeting or local event of 500 owners that is great! Let us know about it and will we promote it via the website.

Freedomland
06-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Well I posted there.... (i always had problems in the past... dont know why it worked this time...) so I hope to see some of you

Rob