PDA

View Full Version : Whats with these dealers?

deathshead
05-13-2012, 09:22 AM
Hi everyone,
I currently Drive a 05' SRT-4 ACR, The Car is great, its my daily commuter and has tons of power, But I still much rather drive a lighter, shorter wheelbase car.
I still miss my old ford festiva!

Anyway. My SRT-4 has 73k miles on it, I would really like to get into an Abarth.
I currently pay around $240 a month on this vehicle.

I would like an Abarth with only the following options.

17s"
strips-caps
Red Leather.
(Maybe the convenience package)
No sunroof.

I figure with around $6k down my payment might be maybe $100 a month more then Im paying now.

So the Dealers. I emailed the 2 closest dealers to me in NEPA so far via their online form.
I inquired about if they have any Abarths in the showroom to look at, etc. I havent even seen one in person.

Neither dealer has responded back to me.

I have dealt with many dealers over the years, usually when you send an email to the sales team
they will not stop calling and hounding you. I emailed 1 dealer twice and no response.

Do these guys have their heads up you know where?
Are they that confident and moving these cars that fast to not worry about Internet inquiries?
I did mention my current vehicle, Not necessarily asking about trades, but throwing out my current vehicle,
Apparently the Fiat studios are taking zero trades?
This makes me just want to reach out to the next dealers closest to me,

If their sales teams cant even contact you, how is the rest of the dealer?

Cant wait to get my Abarth!, Even if its a huge downgrade in performance Im sure its alot of fun driving a car with USEABLE power. :)

Thanks guys!

Chris
05-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Honestly? I'm confounded by people who don't just pick up the phone and call the dealership.

In many small businesses I've generally found more businesses than not that do not invest in online infrastructure.

But they answer the phone.

:)

deathshead
05-13-2012, 09:57 AM
Good Point, maybe I will just take the trip out to the dealer in person.

Mike S
05-13-2012, 10:01 AM
I went online and filled out the form which I thought was to get me quotes from local dealers. I was contacted instantly (within minutes) but only by the closest dealer.

deathshead
05-13-2012, 10:06 AM
I went online and filled out the form which I thought was to get me quotes from local dealers. I was contacted instantly (within minutes) but only by the closest dealer.

Thats how every other dealer usually works and how I bought my last 4-5 vehicles..

DanerDMaster
05-13-2012, 11:46 AM
I live in NEPA too...(Scranton.)

I ordered my Abarth from Tony Domiano Fiat.
They're accepting my R32 as a trade-in no problem.
Stop by, ask for Keith.

They did have a demo car, but it was sold already...

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
05-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Sure, they can move a R32 easy and make $. What's the one on one comparison? A friend has one, it's a rocket.

DanerDMaster
05-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Sure, they can move a R32 easy and make $. What's the one on one comparison? A friend has one, it's a rocket.

I won't know for sure until my Abarth actually gets here :-)
It's a blast to drive, and the sound is incredible, rivaling the Abarth's.

I'll miss it, but it's an expensive car to own, in gas, payments, and the looming 40k mile service on the AWD and DSG...I'll be happy to not have to pay for that.

Once I get the Abarth I'll try to do a side-by-side.