17" X 7.0" forged Alumn Hyper Black Wheels $1000.00
Destination Charges $700.00
Low Jack $5995.00
Paint Protection $899.00
Fabric Protection $699.00
Wheel Locks $299.00
Nitro $79.95

Total $34, 871.95

Note: You are able to take off the LOw Jack then your price will be $28,876.95, but if you come in today without taking off the LOw Jack the manager special for you will be $ 30,000.00 Net

wachuko
05-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Low Jack $5995.00
Paint Protection $899.00
Wheel Locks $299.00
Nitro $79.95

Really?! Really!!? Amazing... They can keep all those options... :sour:

Ronen
05-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Agree..

not to mention Lo Jack cost less then $700 to $1,100 for the Total Protection Package. https://store.lojack.com/product.aspx?zpid=364:lemo:

ozmini
05-07-2012, 11:12 AM
I Got this offer last night!

FIAT 500 ABARTH - Black with Red Strips

Basic Price $22,000.00
With all Abarth Standard Equipments
Performance Leather Trimmed High-Back
Bucket Seats $1000.00
Safety and convenience Package $600.00
Power Sun roof $850.00
Mirror Caps(Red) with Body Side Stripes $350.00
Tom Tom Navigation with Blue & Me $400.00
17" X 7.0" forged Alumn Hyper Black Wheels $1000.00
Destination Charges $700.00
Low Jack $5995.00
Paint Protection $899.00
Wheel Locks $299.00
Nitro $79.95

Total $34, 871.95

Note: You are able to take off the LOw Jack then your price will be $28,876.95, but if you come in today without taking off the LOw Jack the manager special for you will be $ 30,000.00 Net

Run, don't walk!

Ronen
05-07-2012, 11:16 AM
LOL , I did...... and he told me good luck. ROFLMAO
Run, don't walk!

MM22
05-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Those must me some goooooood wheel locks for $299...

Did they say these were at least going to use lube?

Also, you may want to read this:
http://www.chemicalindustryarchives.org/dirtysecrets/scotchgard/1.asp

Ronen
05-07-2012, 03:14 PM
wheel lock?
what about Lo Jack? $6,000!!!!! LOL
the guy still e-mailed me this morning, telling he can not believe i pass on $5,000 discount.....
i replay with a peace of my mind, haven't heard from him.... yet

doadea
05-07-2012, 03:23 PM
LOL!!!! Omg...this dealer needs to be punched in the face. Besides the obvious ridiculousness of the LoJack.....then there is NITRO??? Huh? What is that? I know the Nitrous System you can install in cars, but that's a lot more than $79.95. The Nitro option is probably a Nitro Sticker they put on your back window LOLOLOL

latchkeykid
05-07-2012, 03:24 PM
I see your in California...was it by chance at Santa Monica Fiat? I gave them a call about a basic package Abarth they had in stock and they informed me they just lowered the asking price from 10K over msrp to only 5k over. After I told them that was ridiculous...they graciously offered 2500 over and I graciously hung up.

Mike S
05-07-2012, 03:30 PM
You can probably find one available anywhere in the country and FedEx it overnight for less.

Ronen
05-07-2012, 03:31 PM
I see your in California...was it by chance at Santa Monica Fiat?

No, it wasn't Santa Monica. I know them, since they the same people that run Auto Gallery in Calabasas, that when i was buying in 2008 Maserati GrandTurismo they try charge me $40,000 MARK UP on , and finally got it at sticker price

So, i'm not surprise....

SeaDawg
05-07-2012, 03:43 PM
LOL!!!! Omg...this dealer needs to be punched in the face. Besides the obvious ridiculousness of the LoJack.....then there is NITRO??? Huh? What is that? I know the Nitrous System you can install in cars, but that's a lot more than $79.95. The Nitro option is probably a Nitro Sticker they put on your back window LOLOLOL

It's probably 'lifetime' nitrogen fill for the tires. The dealer I purchased my Sport from had it for $99.:grumpy: They didn't put in in mine. After I got home, 3 hr drive, discovered that the tires were at factory inflation, 41 pounds PER TIRE. Adjusted.

See some of the Abarths are being delivered the same way.

doadea
05-07-2012, 03:58 PM
It's probably 'lifetime' nitrogen fill for the tires. The dealer I purchased my Sport from had it for $99.:grumpy: They didn't put in in mine. After I got home, 3 hr drive, discovered that the tires were at factory inflation, 41 pounds PER TIRE. Adjusted.

See some of the Abarths are being delivered the same way.

Oh that's right. I forgot about that. :)

MM22
05-07-2012, 04:09 PM
wheel lock?
what about Lo Jack? $6,000!!!!! LOL
the guy still e-mailed me this morning, telling he can not believe i pass on $5,000 discount.....
i replay with a peace of my mind, haven't heard from him.... yet

Ouch! Yeah, like I said, are they at least using lube when they screw the potential buyer?

For 6k I'd want a "trunk monkey"...check YouTube for related commercials...lol

Ronen
05-07-2012, 04:18 PM
:lemo:
Ouch! Yeah, like I said, are they at least using lube when they screw the potential buyer?

noopd
05-07-2012, 04:28 PM
yes, i would run and not walk out of there. if they put "Market adjusted" or "dealer mark-up", at least that would be honest. this is just ridiculous.. ! Do they really expect people to deal with them with something like that?

Felnus
05-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Stupidity.

500ways
05-07-2012, 04:52 PM

For $6K, I want a night with Catrinel Menghia that won't make me forget the first time I saw her! Bwahahaha

Ronen
05-07-2012, 04:55 PM
For $6K, I want a night with Catrinel Menghia that won't make me forget the first time I saw her! Bwahahaha

i want...... her....

VTEC Mini
05-07-2012, 06:10 PM
i see your in california...was it by chance at santa monica fiat? I gave them a call about a basic package abarth they had in stock and they informed me they just lowered the asking price from 10k over msrp to only 5k over. After i told them that was ridiculous...they graciously offered 2500 over and i graciously hung up.lmao!!!

VTEC Mini
05-07-2012, 06:12 PM
It is hard to tell what is worse..... Dealers that do this or the people that pay this much.

Rally555
05-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Totally agree, this why I am going to wait for the hype to die down and order a 2013 or a late 2012. I'm being very patient.

MikeThinks
05-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Low Jack $5995.00
Im guessing it comes with a dedicated police officer or something....why the heck would you pay 25% of a cars value in a glorified GPS?

Paint Protection $899.00
Thats some expensive wax there

And wow that scotch guard has gotten pricey too

Wheel Locks $299.00
not so bad...only a 300% markup there

johniew398
05-07-2012, 09:54 PM
I assumed a lot of dealers were charging over MSRP. The dealer I ordered mine from is a part of the Penske group and he said they are not allowed to charge over MSRP, I assumed he meant any of the brands they carry.

I paid over list for both my ZR1 and ACR; but, that's different. I wouldn't have paid over list for the Abarth.

Ferrero1911
05-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Really though which dealer was it? I've ordered an Abarth in the same area for MSRP, but I'm starting to get nervous with all this mark up news.

I had the exact same conversation with Santa Monica. Try going on their website and requesting the "internet price" They will email you with a price ~200 under sticker. You could try to make them honor it. I didn't try because I didn't want the 17" wheels so even MSRP wouldn't have been worth it. When I called they said 5000 over.

Roadpizza
05-07-2012, 11:28 PM
I received a call from FIAT about a minor recall and got into a conversation about fair pricing and dealer tricks and mark ups. I also included the brake issue and she seemed aware of that one. In no certain terms I told her that FIAT does not have a chance if price tricks used by old time American brand dealers continue.

IMO, they have a problem that needs corrected and soon.

FiatGusto
05-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Dear Road: I agree 100%. The dealers who must work directly with the public will torpedo this whole operation if they do the "come on down" selling methods.
My goodness, are they all so shallow to not see that the brand is an opportunity that only a few dealers will get.
Please don't screw it up by going for instant gratification.

Ronen
05-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Just got call from fiat dealer in the san frenando valley, and he have the ABARTH with the options I want. So i ask for the price, he said $26,900 PLUS $10,000 markup, but we are dealing. He said they sold the other day at $6,000 over. I told him good luck, and if he don't sell after this weekend, he can call me....

zangonli
05-10-2012, 12:27 AM
Just got call from fiat dealer in the san frenando valley, and he have the ABARTH with the options I want. So i ask for the price, he said $26,900 PLUS $10,000 markup, but we are dealing. He said they sold the other day at $6,000 over. I told him good luck, and if he don't sell after this weekend, he can call me....

That white one does look nice ... I will restrain myself and not buy it this weekend ! http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/images/icons/icon6.png

VTEC Mini
05-10-2012, 01:24 AM
Just got call from fiat dealer in the san frenando valley, and he have the ABARTH with the options I want. So i ask for the price, he said $26,900 PLUS $10,000 markup, but we are dealing. He said they sold the other day at $6,000 over. I told him good luck, and if he don't sell after this weekend, he can call me....It will be there... $10K- that is ****ing ridiculous.

nojeebs
05-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Wow reading all of these posts on what cali dealers are asking for it getting crazy. Completely stupid imo.....unfortunately there is someone that is always willing to pay more if they really desire it. Luckily there are a few great studios to tip the scales. :) I know many including myself have found dealerships that are willing to sell msrp. They still make money and I feel comfortable giving them that money to get something that is considered "hot". Just not 10k over "hot". >_____<

Ronen
05-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Just got this E-mail from the same sales man, that wanted $35,000 for $26,900 sticker car (incl $6,000 Lo Jack)

First of all, you are the only customer that I have negotiated with him on the price value. Dear, pricing is not only the number on the sticker; actually, that number is a basic price of the car but there are so many additional items that will effect it.
Warehousing, more accessories, additional services,etc.

In other hand the customer records and credit is important for us, too. It is possible we have an Abarth with $33K;
but because of the customer was our VIP. The General Manager used his specials and dropped it down in to $29K.

The most important part is what are you buying from us, an Abarth!! that is FIAT company's ACE vehicle at this time!!! this is another reason that they will not bring down their pricing value.

Anyway the car that we were talking to has been sold last MONDAY. I have a white one with Red ABARTH pinstripe in a good price (it doesn't have the LOW Jack) but it has everything.
If you are still interested call me to make an appointment for drive test!!..

Now you tell me.......
(LOW jack = Lo Jack)

FiatGusto
05-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Forgive me if my eyes were not focused when I read the email from this salesrep(?).
The worst sentence structure I am yet to see on our forum. Made no sense at all.
I am not a mental giant, but this guy really needs to finish school before he starts trying to sell autos.
Surely this studio can do better with all the poor folks looking for employment.

Ronen
05-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Forgive me if my eyes were not focused when I read the email from this salesrep(?).
The worst sentence structure I am yet to see on our forum. Made no sense at all.
I am not a mental giant, but this guy really needs to finish school before he starts trying to sell autos.
Surely this studio can do better with all the poor folks looking for employment.

A Agree 120%..... when i looked up his name it came on Linkedin and is other job is Security Guard..... do i need to continue....

500ways
05-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Just got this E-mail from the same sales man, that wanted $35,000 for $26,900 sticker car (incl $6,000 Lo Jack)

First of all, you are the only customer that I have negotiated with him on the price value. Dear, pricing is not only the number on the sticker; actually, that number is a basic price of the car but there are so many additional items that will effect it.

In other hand the customer records and credit is important for us, too. It is possible we have an Abarth with $33K;
but because of the customer was our VIP. The General Manager used his specials and dropped it down in to $29K.

The most important part is what are you buying from us, an Abarth!! that is FIAT company's ACE vehicle at this time!!! this is another reason that they will not bring down their pricing value.

Anyway the car that we were talking to has been sold last MONDAY. I have a white one with Red ABARTH pinstripe in a good price (it doesn't have the LOW Jack) but it has everything.

Now you tell me.......
(LOW jack = Lo Jack)

Personally, I would no longer pay this Studio any mind. Their email is atrocious, and the approach is unprofessional and pathetic. Move on and bring your business elsewhere.

Best of luck!

SteveL
05-10-2012, 11:24 PM
Wow Ronen!
I've heard several reports of +$ pricing... but this has got to be a record. It's more in line with what some BMW dealers were tacking onto the 1-Series M Coupe. Crazy.

Tell you what... Call around to some dealers outside of your area. You'll be able to find quite a few dealers at MSRP (granted, below sticker will be very difficult to find). For example you could order one in Texas, have a great road trip home and save a bundle of bucks as compared to your local dealers.

Hang in there!

VTEC Mini
05-11-2012, 01:44 AM
There are dealers selling for MSRP in L.A. Some also have floor models with mark up but if you order they sell at MSRP. My dealer is selling it at $5K over MSRP and that will never fly. With Abarths starting to stack up that are marked up it wont be long before those prices will start coming down. There is no reason what so ever to pay over MSRP.

VTEC Mini
05-11-2012, 01:53 AM

Now you tell me.......
(LOW jack = Lo Jack)

This statement cracks me up! I mean really! So I should throw extra money away and fatten your wallet because I am buying from you and your dealership and you are willing to give a "discount" to a VIP member and not me? What makes you so special or the VIP? What makes you so worthy that I should give you extra cash from my peasant hands? Please...... I wouldn't schedule an appointment for these guys to shine my shoes.

EliRider
05-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Call the Boise, Idaho Fiat Studio... ask for Scott... They will sell $200 under MSRP (covers the flight cost).

One way flights are cheap to Boise and he will take very good care of you... I believe he has a base vehicle on the way.
I purchased out of state and have no regrets. Just received title yesterday from them.

Wow Ronen!
Tell you what... Call around to some dealers outside of your area. You'll be able to find quite a few dealers at MSRP (granted, below sticker will be very difficult to find). For example you could order one in Texas, have a great road trip home and save a bundle of bucks as compared to your local dealers.

Hang in there!

Abarth01
05-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Call the Boise, Idaho Fiat Studio... ask for Scott... They will sell $200 under MSRP (covers the flight cost).

One way flights are cheap to Boise and he will take very good care of you... I believe he has a base vehicle on the way.
I purchased out of state and have no regrets. Just received title yesterday from them.

$200 dollars under MSRP???!!???? Thats redicul....oh wait.

EliRider
05-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Almost enough to cover the short shifter :-) At least the knob and plane ticket.

$200 dollars under MSRP???!!???? Thats redicul....oh wait.

Felnus
05-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Aren't the Abarths doled out to the studios by sales of that studio? Why on earth would you want an Abarth sitting on your lot with an insane price tag on it when you could have it sold at MSRP and increase your numbers for the next allocation?? They need to wake up and realize that intelligent people buy FIATs and we don't fall for this BS. Very shortsighted dealer.

b56.1m6
05-11-2012, 12:13 PM
12 pages on the minor issues thread, 6 pages on the shift light problem thread and dealers want over MSRP. Not from me! I love this car and want one bad but they are not off to a great start. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the difference between invoice and MSRP the dealers profit and now dealer fees as another add on. Come on Fiat this is the year 2000 PT Cruiser madness all over again. Once these cars catch up with demand they will be discounting them, dont get greedy for the quick buck or you will lose people!

raz
05-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Say whatever you want, you have your reasons to not buy the car, not need to justify it. But please just don't put "pt cruiser" and abarth in the same sentence.

DCAbarth
05-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Say whatever you want, you have your reasons to not buy the car, not need to justify it. But please just don't put "pt cruiser" and abarth in the same sentence.

HAHA!! Too funny! But very true :)

VTEC Mini
05-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Aren't the Abarths doled out to the studios by sales of that studio? Why on earth would you want an Abarth sitting on your lot with an insane price tag on it when you could have it sold at MSRP and increase your numbers for the next allocation?? They need to wake up and realize that intelligent people buy FIATs and we don't fall for this BS. Very shortsighted dealer.

Amazing how greed and stupidity go hand in hand. Hence the result of our current economy.

12 pages on the minor issues thread, 6 pages on the shift light problem thread and dealers want over MSRP. Not from me! I love this car and want one bad but they are not off to a great start. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the difference between invoice and MSRP the dealers profit and now dealer fees as another add on. Come on Fiat this is the year 2000 PT Cruiser madness all over again. Once these cars catch up with demand they will be discounting them, dont get greedy for the quick buck or you will lose people!

Don't forget hold back.

LOL!

b56.1m6
05-12-2012, 10:25 AM

You need to understand what some dealers have done before you critcize my post. Back in 2000 I actually had a Chrysler dealer, that now has a Fiat studio by the way, tell me he wanted $1000 over MSRP to order a PT. When I told him he was crazy and that he didn't have a car to test drive, he said what do you want we finally have a car people want WTF? Now some Fiat studios are acting the way Chrysler dealers did back then which is just sad. Another thing you should know, 500s are built in the Chrysler Toluca plant in Mexico the same plant that built all of the PT cruisers. Most likely alot of the same people building them. The companies are married now and I was hoping Fiat would bring Chrysler up not the other way around!

Mike S
05-12-2012, 01:06 PM
The companies are married now and I was hoping Fiat would bring Chrysler up not the other way around!

I agree. I was hoping Fiat would get its feet on the ground again and once established, sell Chrysler to China.

Ronen
05-13-2012, 02:56 AM

At The Van Nuys FIAT, U can go and get yours TODAY.....

Ferrero1911
05-13-2012, 03:12 AM

Even if I was willing to pay that much I wouldn't buy from them. I've been there several times. I either get ignored or a sales man breathing down my neck. They don't know the answers to any of my questions, would not take a preorder for the Abarth, but then when the first ones came in said they were all presold.

Roadpizza
05-13-2012, 04:30 AM
This type of scamming on the part of the dealers is getting pitiful. When you consider the prices quoted in all the ads and reviews and compare what the real pricing is at the "Studio". There appears a good case for false advertising...

darthchu
05-13-2012, 04:33 AM
Even if I was willing to pay that much I wouldn't buy from them. I've been there several times. I either get ignored or a sales man breathing down my neck. They don't know the answers to any of my questions, would not take a preorder for the Abarth, but then when the first ones came in said they were all presold.

i've been here too and they are a joke. i still can't believe dealerships are still run this way.
salesmen pounce on you as soon as you step out of your car...sterotypical sales pitches babbling out of their mouth like diarrhea.
when i finally got a word in, he realized i saw through his bs and actually started to walk away and ignore me. wtf?!
i swear i wasn't rude and kept my cool up until the point i walked out and made it know to any potential customers that were there that this place doesn't care about customer service.

i don't have time for playing games.

SeaDawg
05-13-2012, 08:19 AM
This type of scamming on the part of the dealers is getting pitiful. When you consider the prices quoted in all the ads and reviews and compare what the real pricing is at the "Studio". There appears a good case for false advertising...

Unfortunately NOT as long as they post the additional charges on a bump sticker or some other type of dealer sticker so that the additional greed charges are plainly visible. I suspect the dealer ads either say 'from' or 'MSRP' by the advertised price. The key word being SUGGESTED.

b56.1m6
05-13-2012, 10:22 AM

This is the kind of B.S. that makes you run not walk right out the showroom door! I personally am not looking for reasons not to buy but only stating reasons why I havent made the leap and ordered one.

luscious
05-13-2012, 11:50 AM
"Low Jack $5995.00"

now THAT is F'in funny. Kinda. It's almost insulting that a dealer would try and pull something like this.

nerdalert
05-13-2012, 11:46 PM
Wow, I just went to Champion Fiat in Downey, CA to look at the Nero w/red accents I called them about. A second sticker stated:

"Champion Fiat Dealer Mark Up: $10,000"

Straight shooters. I walked straight out.

zangonli
05-14-2012, 09:40 PM

Negotiate down their initial demand for a $9000 markup ... They will not sell for MSRP, but I found them to be reasonable actually. I just think that this is a special enough car (compared to the regular 500s) that you should expect to pay a little more!

Ferrero1911
05-14-2012, 11:53 PM
Negotiate down their initial demand for a $9000 markup ... They will not sell for MSRP, but I found them to be reasonable actually. I just think that this is a special enough car (compared to the regular 500s) that you should expect to pay a little more!

I guess you paid quite a bit more than MSRP...

I don't expect to pay a little more (or 35% more, which is what 9,000 would be). I'm paying MSRP at another local dealer (with courteous sales staff) It will be here in 2 weeks.

I agree it is a very special car though!

MM22
05-16-2012, 01:47 AM
A Agree 120%..... when i looked up his name it came on Linkedin and is other job is Security Guard..... do i need to continue....

OMG, that explains the 6k charge. He plans on being your Lo-Jack in-car security officer, part time of course. He still has to work at the dealership part time.... LoL!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :-)

Pronto
05-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Hawaii dealer has a black Abarth fully loaded that the girl turned down after it arrived. They will not part with it for less than $34K! Lucky we live Hawaii!

VTEC Mini
05-19-2012, 07:14 PM
I just got word that Sierra Fiat Duarte in L.A. has two Abarth Nero's sitting on the lot- NO MARK UP! This goes to show there is no reason what so ever to pay mark up- even in L.A. However, if you still insisting on throwing thousands of dollars away PM me and I will give you my address and you can send it to me and I will apply it to my down payment for mine.;)

ENZOSON
05-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Just ordered by bianco Abarth today - through Chrysler affiliate program. MSRP 26,050. 1% under invoice 24,401.00. I'm happy.

FTY
05-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Was told that there was a 2k markup on the bianco one I just picked up, after a bit of negotiating and telling them I would take delivery now, I paid MSRP and they bought my trade-in at the appraised value a month (3k more on odometer) after it was appraised with no issues, was happy with that.

Browns FIAT in LI NY (see Kevin)