PDA

View Full Version : Can we post here if your local studio has an Abarth in stock? Looking to buy asap!

latchkeykid
05-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Hello, well I'm in in predicament where I need to buy a car within a couple of weeks. I've had my head set on an Abarth but having issues with finding a basic Abarth with little to no options (would prefer a safety package) that isn't at a $1000 premium. I would order one but since I don't have a car right now and riding my bike around for 3 months is not really an option.

If your local studio has an Abarth in stock that you know of, can you post here to help everyone that's looking to buy one quickly find one. I don't mind flying and picking it up either...gives me an excuse to visit other parts of the country and familiarize myself with the car on the drive home.

Thanks!

Ferrero1911
05-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Fiat of Thousand Oaks in Thousand Oaks, CA has and Abarth in stock. Probably more expensive than what you're looking to get though. MSRP is 25,900. They are not selling this car at MSRP, but I believe they will negotiate.

Here are the specs:
Nero
Nero Leather seats
Red stripes and Mirror caps
Sunroof
Safety and Convenience
Tom Tom Navigation
16" Wheels

GramCracker
05-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Honestly, that's the same boat I just ended up in. Here's what I did; I wrote down my "must haves" for the Abarth, and then scoured over Cars.com and Autotrader.com for any Abarths matching my requirements (for me it had to be white, red leather, security package, and sunroof. 17" wheels were nice but weren't totally necessary as I could always get them later). Anyway, once you've found some cars fitting your requirements, take the VIN number that is listed in the online ad and enter it in the Insight Tracking URL in place of "VIN number goes here" near the end.

https://insightnl.extra.chrysler.com/inl_dealer/INLRouter.jas?INPUT_ACTION_NAME=com/uprr/app/inl/action/DealerVehicleTraceAction&INPUT_DEALER_CODE=23304&INPUT_TRACEABLES=VINnumbergoeshere&INPUT_SEARCH_BY=VIN

This will show you the build status of the vehicle and the schedule it will be on. It will also tell you when the car should arrive, what dealer, and if it is sold already or not. Once you've entered a bunch of VIN's and found car's that aren't sold, the next step is to start calling those dealers with the non-sold cars and seeing if they are still available or not.

This is how I went about finding my car, as I really don't have time to wait until the middle/end of July for my order to be built and delivered. I just got back from a local (read: 1 hour drive away) dealer and put a deposit on a car that fulfilled my "requirements" and should be here in two weeks or so. Good luck!

latchkeykid
05-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Fiat of Thousand Oaks in Thousand Oaks, CA has and Abarth in stock. Probably more expensive than what you're looking to get though. MSRP is 25,900. They are not selling this car at MSRP, but I believe they will negotiate.

Here are the specs:
Nero
Nero Leather seats
Sunroof
Safety and Convenience
Tom Tom Navigation
16" Wheels

Thanks...I will keep that one in mind. Not looking for a sunroof though since I bike alot and a bike rack is a must for me.

Honestly, that's the same boat I just ended up in. Here's what I did; I wrote down my "must haves" for the Abarth, and then scoured over Cars.com and Autotrader.com for any Abarths matching my requirements (for me it had to be white, red leather, security package, and sunroof. 17" wheels were nice but weren't totally necessary as I could always get them later). Anyway, once you've found some cars fitting your requirements, take the VIN number that is listed in the online ad and enter it in the Insight Tracking URL in place of "VIN number goes here" near the end.

https://insightnl.extra.chrysler.com/inl_dealer/INLRouter.jas?INPUT_ACTION_NAME=com/uprr/app/inl/action/DealerVehicleTraceAction&INPUT_DEALER_CODE=23304&INPUT_TRACEABLES=VINnumbergoeshere&INPUT_SEARCH_BY=VIN

This will show you the build status of the vehicle and the schedule it will be on. It will also tell you when the car should arrive, what dealer, and if it is sold already or not. Once you've entered a bunch of VIN's and found car's that aren't sold, the next step is to start calling those dealers with the non-sold cars and seeing if they are still available or not.

This is how I went about finding my car, as I really don't have time to wait until the middle/end of July for my order to be built and delivered. I just got back from a local (read: 1 hour drive away) dealer and put a deposit on a car that fulfilled my "requirements" and should be here in two weeks or so. Good luck!

Fantastic suggestion GramCracker...I'm getting tired of going through autotrader everyday and calling every dealership on there and finding out that it is either pre-sold or the pricing didn't match what they advertised.

Dwaynek
05-06-2012, 06:31 PM
was in Tempe last week and the new Fiat of Tempe had 2 Abarths not sold!

latchkeykid
05-06-2012, 06:41 PM
was in Tempe last week and the new Fiat of Tempe had 2 Abarths not sold!

Thanks...I emailed them and will follow up with a call tomorrow morning. Is it Bill Luke Fiat or the one in Scottsdale?

latchkeykid
05-06-2012, 06:43 PM

Here are the specs:
Nero
Nero Leather seats
Sunroof
Safety and Convenience
Tom Tom Navigation
16" Wheels

Thanks I'll keep it in mind...not looking for a sunroof though since I bike alot and a rack is a must for me.

Will do...I'm getting tired of looking through autotrader everyday so will give this a try.

LCFCUK
05-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Fiat of Columbus had one listed on their used page (with 28 miles on the clock) the other day, may be worth checking out.. great guys to deal with too :)

latchkeykid
05-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Fiat of Columbus had one listed on their used page (with 28 miles on the clock) the other day, may be worth checking out.. great guys to deal with too :)

Is it Bob Boyd Fiat? I just checked and didn't see it on their pre-owned or new inventory. Thanks for the tip though!

LCFCUK
05-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Update! Just got off the Bob Boyd Site, it seems they have a nero listed right at the bottom of the page in their new listings - stock #: FA12248

May be worth a call in the morning. I have mine on order from them and they have been nothing but excellent thus far.

latchkeykid
05-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Update! Just got off the Bob Boyd Site, it seems they have a nero listed right at the bottom of the page in their new listings - stock #: FA12248

May be worth a call in the morning. I have mine on order from them and they have been nothing but excellent thus far.

Just checked the vin and it was a pre-sold abarth...man who would have thought that this would be this tough. BTW...that vin check site that GramCracker provided is quite the time saver.

LCFCUK
05-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Looks like my other "local" dealer #1 Cochran in Pittsburgh PA has 2 inbound.

Just thinking, even though the VIN check shows them as pre-sold, is there not a possibility that the person who ordered it backed out? I find it odd that the one from Bob Boyd is listed as "on the lot".. could be wrong, but maybe worth a call.. :)