PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area Abarth...

noopd
04-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Hey, just wanna see if there are any bay area abarth owners out there?

Reading all the post from the forum, I'm sure there are tons of people who picked up their Abarth by now. But when i stopped by berkeley fiat this morning, they said they have yet to receive their first Abarth. They seems to have no clue when they will arrive at all and are "suprise" when i told them mine is coming mid May.

Just wanna start a thread for people in the bay area. Insight says mine will be at the dealer at 5/16.

DAVID
--
'95 GTI VR6
'03 MINI COOPER S
'11 LR 4
'12 ABARTH BIANCO (COMING SOON!)

ozmini
04-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Hey David, I put my deposit down in Berkeley in January (I think I was #8 on the waiting list). Here is where I sit as of today....

Route Movements Event Date Location
Completed
Adv Shp Notice - Pre-release 04/13/2012 06:45 AM CDT Toluca Assembly, EM
Current
Scheduled for Build (D1) 04/16/2012 06:38 AM CDT Toluca Assembly, EM
Future
Loaded On Railcar 05/03/2012 10:00 PM CDT Toluca Assembly, EM
Railcar - Interchanged 05/09/2012 04:00 PM CDT Laredo, TX
Railcar Placed at Destination Facility 05/18/2012 07:00 PM CDT Benicia, CA
Unloaded From Railcar 05/19/2012 05:00 AM CDT Benicia, CA

Hoping to get it before Memorial Day 2012!

PE #389
04-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Very cool ozmini and noopd. I like Berkeley too. I was there the other day getting serviced and because of their no BS policy (i.e. cars have no markup), I was sold to buy from them. Their list is surprisingly long...so me and the wife have decided to wait till the cars are sitting in the studios. Also we are hoping that by the time this happens, the car shall be available in cabrio.
I have to say though, it will be hard to be waiting so long. Only upside is that PE #389 is still the bomb! lol
Maybe i shall see you both around? I am particularly interested in seeing the cloth seats in person.

Ciao ciao!!!
PE #389

SleepyTiger
04-28-2012, 02:57 AM
Hi guys, I lives in bay area too, hayward. Is the berkeley the best fiat bay area dealer?

May i ask wat is ur otd price for the abarth ? because i am thinking to pay off the car in cash.

Thanks!

noopd
04-30-2012, 03:23 PM
hey
we havn't talk about otd price yet. but u can calculate it online on the dmv site.. it's roughly under 10% of your sold price. It also depends on which county/city you live in cuz sale tax can be a little different.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/wasapp/FeeCalculatorWeb/newVehicleFees.do

I "heard" fremont wants above sticker. When I was at berkeley, Messai was very nice/ honest with no pressure. and the ordering was a breeze. he just do MSRP (not below) at that time. However, I haven't receive much update from them after, but I think it's just due to them being really busy (500 is quite a hit in berkeley)and they are actually just building the showroom now and working in a trailer this month.

noopd
05-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Just want to say hi to the owner of the first abarth i see in real life.. saw a black one with red stripes and red seats in the driveway in rockridge today with the berkeley fiat lic plate frame. Looks so good! and now I want a black one too :P